Sat: Shanghai day~

Got to wake up early at 5.30am cos of the trip to Shanghai today. Ard 8.30am, saw moon in the morning sky…really big and round and bright! It’s nt like u can see the moon easily in daytime!

The bus took 3hrs to reach Shanghai…tour guide玲筱bought us to see东方明珠tower 1st. I used the public toilet, whereby u need to put in RMB1 token and then the automatic door opens. Also, the door would AUTOMATICALLY OPEN if 20mins is up…*Imagine if u’re having a hard time “shitting”!*

Next, we went for lunch at a restaurant…8-10dishes at one go… nt bad. Follow on, WJ brought me, Jac, HL, WZ, JQ, Bel, Joy, JS, JX, Winnie, JP, LX, QW, Michelle & Joy to七浦路where SY said got cheap gds. The shopping centre is sth like工联/明珠where there were loads of shops selling clothes, shoes, bags, accessories etc. We oni got like 1+hr to shop so didn’t finish walking though. I bought a blue-butterfly-print sweater and a pair of “tie” earrings for RMB70. Took cab with Michelle, Jac, QW, HL, JQ & WZ (RMB28) back to和平饭店at 3pm to集合.
*I didn’t realise one’s feeling could bring another one’s down; I know I shldn’t have felt that way but I juz couldn’t help it.*
Our next destination was老城隍庙集市…no actual temple but a street that feels like the 70s Chinatown. Again, a lot of cheap things…I bought 2 shawls for RMB40 and also almost an Adidas sling bag for RMB10 (fake of cos!)…cos there were like 3 shops selling all kinds of bag (including bagpacks) for RMB10 each! How cheap can things get man~ Anyway, Shanghai streets are full of Caucasians and foreigners…lol. The shopowners here know that we’re Singaporeans o! One boss ask Jac to simply throw her tag on the flr but Jac gave that kind of “erm…” look and the owner guessed that we’re from SG cos he say Singaporeans emphasize a lot on cleanliness…LOL.

Dinner was at restaurant again…but nt as nice as lunch somehow. Winnie saw sth that she shldn’t see…haha…when she pushed open a toilet cubicle door~ Anyway, some of us were more enthusiastic in Subway we saw…*misses SG food*. Some ppl supposed to go up东方明珠(263m) and take photos so they left ard 7pm. My clique oni left Jac, Michelle, HL, QW & me waiting outside Subway. No choice cos I’m afraid of heights and the lift travel at speed of 7m/s leh…on average take oni 40s to reach 263m…my ears can’t take the pressure I reckon.
*有些时候,人就是那么自私的。*
Supposed to go for 黄浦江游览boat ride (RMB70) at 8.45pm…sad to say we missed the boat due to some unknown reason. *I don’t know who’s at fault and I dunno which side to believe as well.* We took the 10pm ride instead. Before tat went to public toilet…OMG! The toilet has 4 cubicles with no doors (like those children showering corners u see in swimming pool toilets). Jac & I went in together, back-facing each other. The flushing system is scary…and there’s no toilet bowl…macham u peeing into a drain…haha.

The boat ride took 40mins and well, the night sceneries of Shanghai is really beautiful. All of us took pics here and there, nt wanting to miss the pretty neon-lighted buildings…the weather was in between cooling and cold to me which was nt bad.
Finally all of us got to check-in into Motel 168 ard 11pm. Jac & I were in rm no.8417 at 4th floor. The bunch of us juz walked near our rms when a stupid chi uncle scolded us in English, saying that we were noisy and blah. He tot we don’t know Eng ah!?
The rm size was comfortable, bed a bit hard though. The toilet bowl was said to be sterilised but honestly I don’t know. TV doesn’t have many shows that I’m interested in. Jac tried to help me massage lotion on my feet but god it was super itchy la~ Then we went over to HL & WZ’s rm where WZ stepped onto Jac and did some back massage for her haha! Both of us chatted some心事before I fell aslp at ard 2+am.

Comments