Lunch @ NTU Alumni Club + meetup with WZ & PQ

Jess was all excited Mon morning... asking if I would be interested in a 2D1N Kelong (trip) in M'sia? Her dad难得approve of her trip overseas with her friends sia! It's organised by her colleague, Jolene and her church mates... 20+ ppl attending... on 8th and 9th Aug. LL was fine with gg, but after checking out the website, we realised the cost wouldn't be oni $88 as said, cos transportation cost is excluded. *Jess so单纯la... she think sure oni pay $88~ lol.*
Atm, I decide tat I'm nt gg... cos I reckon I would needa "control and nt spend too much" b4 I "splurge" in China lol.
*Jess~ it's ok la... we can go eslewhr in future!*

It was departmental lunch today... with William, Regina, Catherine, HQ, Eileen, Lynette and CP. CP drove me, HQ and Eileen to "8 degree" dining place at NTU Alumni Club as they tot the food was nice since they had it last time. *Wow... both CP and William's carplate numbers are the newest lor... "SJX".*
We all had the set meal ($8.90)... which consists of a main dish, soup, tea or coffee and a slice of cake as dessert.
My cream seafood pasta was so-so cos the sauce wasn't "thick" nor creamy enough. The prawn was gd though. The mushroom soup was tasty! The cake was sweet and nice. And I think I really dun like drinking coffee nor tea. *Tea gives me headache nowadays... esp pure Lipton red tea!* CP had the same main dish as me, juz tat his was tomato sauce, Eileen had medium steak, while others had鸡排. They commented tat the standard had drop le... and I tot the China waitress's service attitude wasn't too gd either.
*我相信只要一个人take pride in his/her own job, 那别人歧视的眼光根本不算什么。*

Back in office and I was helping Shirlyn translate her Batam 2D1N promo tour package ad from Eng to Chi. *Translation is a tough job, esp when u're nt experienced in the field.* No money but she said she'd treat me to Kbox someday haha!
Oh and anyway, LL showed me this website which I think is interesting... and possibly something I would consider when I've my own house in future:
Basically, it's like a kind of "home exchange" bet. couchsurfers... meaning they come to ur house and stay during their holidays in your country. *Yeah of cos there are underlying dangers... but precautionary measures like backgrd interviews of members are done to lower any risk.* And why nt? I love making new friends and introducing them to SG hehe!

*LL shared her life exp with me... and it's sth I'd be very shock about. I nv knew she went thru such a dark period in her 20s... it's very strong of her. Seeing her passion to help others... "Before they STEP INTO the wrong, I'd like to STEP INTO their life and prevent/guide..." this was sth she said and I really liked this.*

Met WZ and PQ at Bugis at night. WZ and I had the usual minced meat noodle ($3) for dinner... and even though I reckon the standard has dropped... it's still average. *WZ黑了好多啊~ Shanghai 37degrees celcius so scary sia!* PQ had dinner at Billy Bombers and we chatted a bit over there. Then we headed to J.Co and continue our chat... all on WZ and her "friends" in China haha.
*听着她的故事,不禁幻想着自己的“上海故事”会怎么发生... 期待中带着不舍。*

Comments

Lamo-Jess said…
Hey, i'm the first to leave marks in ur blog! Haha. =DD
Snowman said…
Thanks man~ so honoured LOL!