Bangkok trip 21st Jun 10 (Day 1)

Well it's been slightly more than a wk since I came back from BKK and some of my friends have already long updated their blogs with the trip... I'm slow but I'm detailed haha... so here's mine:

Woke up at 7.30am, took train at 8+am and I reached Changi Terminal 2 at 9.45am. SY’s bf, CZ was already there but I nt very sure it’s him, so I sat at one side of Burger King and waited for SY. After SY reached, 3 of us took the sky train to Terminal 1, to meet DY, PG and GT.
We made our boarding at gate C15… was supposed to fly at 11.10am, but the Jetsaver 3K515 plane delayed till 11.45am then started taking off. *Oops the air steward and pilot were good-looking neh~*


SY and I sat side by side, cos PH din go. Dang the 2hrs flight was filled with turbulence 50% of the time sia… was resting my eyes when I would be awaken by the sudden lowering of the plane. *Pulling the window caps down did helped cos then I can imagine myself to be in a bus on a bumpy road tat’s all haha.* Arrived BKK airport at SG time 1.45pm (Thailand time 12.45pm). SY was trying to find the BTS station but when CZ asked the airport ppl, they told us (with kinda poor Eng) tat we interpreted as the sky train oni operates from 4pm onwards. We then took the lift available up and down the airport lol… b4 finally deciding on sharing a big cab together… THB 700. *DY’s sitting position was funny… he was sitting beside the whole stack of luggage beside him LOL!*
*BKK’s taxi gt many colours sia… red, yellow, green, luminous pink, orange, purple…*
Reached Tango hotel in about half an hr. It’s kinda a small service apartment, located near Pratunam market and Platinam Mall… in the hearts of the local neighbourhood I would say. We stayed at the highest flr, 8th flr and I gt the rm 807… though it’s nt adjoining as stated.
We put our luggage down and dang all of us were so hungry after the flight… and with the guidance of a map, we started finding our way out of Tango Hotel, crossed the rd and reached Indra Square. It’s a small shopping mall, and it din look like it’s gt food… so we continued to go thru Pratunam Market (which we din noe wat it was on the 1st day)… passed by some roadside stalls tat sell small food but we wanted a fulfilling meal, so walked on. Finally, we reached Platinam Mall and with the help of local shopowners directing us, we found our way to the 6th flr’s food court.

Had to buy cards to “tap” and pay for food there. I had the tomyam seafood glass noodle (THB90)… the soup was esp sweet and yummy! GT treated us to satay… but I found tat the黄姜粉taste was a tad too strong for me… and the meat was a bit too tough. We split up into 2 grps and started shopping afterwards. I saw a pair of shoes which I liked a lot but I tot THB 250 was a bit ex and yet the lady won’t give me discount, I din buy it on the 1st day. SY bought herself hairbands, while CZ was very into the leather shoes… and I reckon he bought quite a lot already on our 1st day there haha.
Then, all of us headed to the Pantip shopping mall juz beside, and had A&W cos the guys were simply craving for it lol. We all ordered almost the same stuff: ice-cream waffle, onion rings and root beer for THB 112. *LOL I saw it as $11.20 at 1st haha~* The ice-cream was nice but the waffle was a bit too thick haha… omg the root beer was super gd!
Stepped outside this “Sim Lim Square-alike” mall, and the guys wanted to hav a try of “tuk-tuk”. CZ asked them for pricing… decided on THB150 per car. Like wat CZ said, the tuk-tuk drivers did asked if we wanted to go eslewhr… and since CZ said he’d been to a “black market” b4, he rejected them straightaway. GT, DY and I were in one car… gosh I tell u the car muz hav been flying lor… and man I shld hav tied up my hair cos my long hair was “flying” all ard… super messy lol. While on the way, the driver asked us how old we think he was, and I jokingly answered “20?” and he was like pretending to cry at 1st… then laugh later I dunno why haha. Anyway, it’s nt easy to tell their age juz by looking at Thai ppl I think.
We arrived at Suam Lum Night Bazaar in like 10mins. It was a really warm night, and SY and I bought 3 decoration light for THB 420. CZ bought many fake Rauph Lauren polo tees hehe. We walked ard and came upon this big open space whr there are many foreigners there… listening to live concert and watching the World Cup 2010 on a big screen. The whole stretch of food stalls there looked superb~ A tad too bad we were all too full to eat more. SY, CZ and I had drinks though… I tried the dragonfruit shake (THB 30) and it was oh-so-delicious! A lil' of hassle there cos we had to buy coupons again to pay for our food… and when there’s like oni 1 coupon counter at such a big place~
Oh yeah and we “tuk-tuk” back to Tango Hotel at night… and all I can say was tat the ride was SHIOK! It’s like driving at 180km/hr la~ so fast and when it comes across a hump… our butt literally left the seat a bit LOL. There was basically no “traffic rules” in BKK… cars drive almost freely… “cut” as and when they deem appropriate. The ride felt like car-racing and it somehw reminded me of my taxi ride back in Hang Zhou haha. *I think GT was so scared by the ride tat he insisted we dun take it again lol.*
SY and CZ went massaging after tat, while the rest of us went walking ard our “neighbourhood”… the streets remind me a lot of舟山东路. It was Thailand time 10+pm but most shops were already closed except some eateries. We walked back to hotel, then PG and I grabbed the chance to online for an hr haha... the keyboard had words in Thai. 
*The TV was playing World Cup 2010 live! And I caught “Marley & Me” before slping late at night.*

Comments