2010 World Cup Players I'd noticed~

Caught the final World Cup showdown bet. Netherlands and Spain late at 2.30am on Mon morning! *Was re-watching "Twilight" movie b4 tat to keep me awake haha~*
OMG~ wat a match! The weather was great and there was a lot of tension there, as compared to the 3rd/4th placing one. This was definitely an intriguing match... seeing Spain having possession of the ball in the beginning, and later Netherland players gt their chance at the Jambulani too. *A total of 14 yellow cards and 1 red card was given here! More than half the Netherland players scored yellow sia... oh my wat was the referee thinking!? But I'm glad he refrained from giving out red cards many a times... though I reckon some decisions were really unfair. Yes, I saw Robben fuming.* Spain attackers/midfielders posed some indirect threats to the Netherlander's net at 1st, but then later I reckon Robben's made even more direct and worse threats to the Spanish goal post. There were 2-3 times whr he literally charged alone (with no Spanish defenders guarding), almost face-to-face with Iker Casillas... but I guess Lady Luck hated him for some reason... so he missed the goals no matter wat. *Maybe cos Iker Casillas was better-looking tat's y? Lol.* And anyway, he seemed someone with big temper... still, I'd say he played great in terms of skills.
David Villa... he had many shots but they were flying anywhr but into the net. *I was "shrieking" softly to myself in the middle of the night... yeah I hoped for Spain's win.* And when the 90mins ended with a 0-0 score... I was almost deadbeat by then. But I tried my best to stay awake for the extra 30mins, hoping for either grp to shoot in a goal in tat period since penalties are always cruel to watch. Fernando Torres was finally let into the match during the extra time... I bet many fan girls wanted to see him there. Well... he did helped in Spain's goal at the 116th min... but soon after I think his old injury came back juz mins into the game... and he was lying down on the field. The whistle was blown after 122mins and I saw Spain players gg into a frenzy sia... and I dunno if poor Fernando was being attended to lol. Anyway, both teams played great... a competitive match. *I dun wanna say which team was "dirtier", cos both team had players who were.*

Slpt at 5am, and woke up at 930am. Met Michelle and WT at Raffles control cos we had to go down to China Embassy's Visa application centre to do our visa application. *Hmm... yes the Chinese staff had a bit of attitude when dealing with our applications.* DangI had to photocopy 2 pages of my document and it costed me 40cents... so ex.
After tat, had lunch at Golden Shoe market... hmm the chicken rice wasn't gd compared to the one at Ghim Moh market... though both were boneless chicken rice. WT went off to meet her bf soon after, Michelle and I walked ard The Arcade for a while, looking at exchange rates, b4 I went back to work.
*Phew! I almost tot I forgot to take the documents tat I brought down to the Visa Centre... until Michelle took it out from her bag haha~*

Reached office early at 1+pm... and the whole department were having meeting for the rest of the afternoon... so there was oni LL, me and another Malay temp left in our office haha.

Anyway, nw tat the 2010 World Cup has come to an end... I tot I wanted to comment on some of the players I'd noticed in this World Cup. *It's nt all... but these are from the more recent teams whom qualified at least in the final 16.*
In no order of preference or watsoever...
I noticed C.Ronaldo since the 2006 World Cup... bad news about him being a "Whiney baby" and stuff. Yeah I  reckon since he's still very young then... prob immature. I'm more impressed by his ball skills, as compared to those "dramas" on the field. There's no deny tat he looks gd though, maybe if he could carry himself even more "manly" on-screen... it would be best. *Yeah wat was the spit at the cam supposed to mean after Portugal lost to Germany? 失礼leh.*
Oh David Villa looks gd here! He's great as a forward... but I only took notice of him in the Final match... cos he's practically all over the news... so I decided to take a closer look at him during the finals. Hmm... gd dribbles but slightly poor chances.
Yes a hottie tat's married haha. Fernando Torres... heard about hw gd he was in past games but he's nt as so in the 2010 World Cup though. He's lucky he helped with Spain's deciding goal tat made them 2010's World Cup champ.
Iker Casillas resembles Orlando Bloom in the pic above haha! Never mind about the news tat his tv-presenter gf distracted him in the grp match against Switzerland and they lost, Spain won the World Cup title and tat's wat's most impt! Yes he did make great saves, but somehw I'm already too impressed with Germany's Oliver Kahn in the last world cup... so he's the no.2 best keeper to me nw haha.
*Female fans of Kaka... are u feeling uber jealous nw!?* Yes I like this pic of Kaka with his wife... they look so nice together. Kaka's cuteness caught my eyes since the last world cup, and even though he din performed as well this time round, his passion, determination, gd character and "gd daddy/hubby" role has already had many fangals swooning over/crying over... the fact tat he's no longer available haha!
It's the 1st time I'd heard of the name "Messi" and guess wat? My 1st impression of him, due to his hairstyle...was tat he looked like some band guy from Beatles' times haha~ Messi looks humble as a player(hopefully he really is), but I'm kinda surprised by his ever-changing great footwork (dribbling) during one of Argentina's grp matches... thumbs up!
Mezut Ozil reminds me of an actor but I can't exactly match the face of tat actor though. He seems pretty quiet and works gd in his position (I observed tat in Germany's 3rd/4th placing match)... but he is a threat too, juz when ppl tot he's nth to be afraid of lol.
Doesn't this pic remind u of the character "Carlise" in the movie, "Twilight"? *He can audition for tat lol.* I enjoy seeing his "signature move"-- sliding on the grd whenever he scores a goal for Germany haha! Oh well, I hope to see him in the nex World Cup still.
Many controveries over his comments on nt wanting to willingly return "captain's band" to Michael Ballack. I think he's very gd as a defender and midfielder... he can bring ball across the field well neh. Though he might be considered a "miniature" in the "Giant-filled" German team, he's showed other players hw he could play juz as well, and spoil those oncoming goals. *Commented on his height cos I once saw this photo whr he was seen crying and hugging his super tall teammate after a match ba... big contrast there and thus, a hilarious photo it was~*
Thomas Muller! Din take notice of him cos I tot he looked kinda“颓废”for a guy... no offence of cos. It was until I saw hw he managed to grab the best opportunities to score/aid in goals was I surprised. Oni turning 21 in Sep... man he's gt a long way to go~ gd luck o! *His wife same age as him... very pretty too neh~*
Xavi... I really like this pic of him above haha... the expression is cute lol. He almost always work hand-in-hand with David Villa to cause threats to opponents.

Well, of cos nt forgetting some of the other players like Figo, Kahn, Zidane, Cannavaro, Beckham, Ballack and more whom were great players in their own ways. 
Yeah... so that's the end of 2010 World Cup... okie shall stop the "World Cup fever" and let's wait for 2014 in Brazil! 

*Thks to YB for helping me to change my blog layout! I love this skin a lot!*

Comments