Sec sch friends' gathering @ Minds Cafe + Bottle Tree Village

Woke up early in the morning on sat and met PH b4 we went down to Orchard Far East to get YB's bday present. Her friend recommended her to this perfume shop and we got a Flora Gucci perfume for YB. I gt this idea cos I tot since she's gonna start working soon, so might as well get her perfume. *Technically, PH, Ben, Jess, YL, HA, YS, James and I shared the cost for this~*
PH and I had lunch at the KFC outside Far East Plaza, b4 we went Ion Orchard to meet up with James. James was trying to find this Koi bubble tea shop for YB... but he couldn't. *James almost tot he lost his ez-link card b4 we took the train to Douby Ghaut to meet YB and the others.*
Reached the Starbucks at Plaza Sing and saw HA, MX, YB, Ben, and YL. We walked to the Minds Cafe near Paradiz Centre. Played the "True Colours" haha... I liked the game cos it somehw gives a lil' insight into hw others think of u lol. *Well, of cos sometimes sabotaging happens haha.*
Then, we played this "bomb vocab" game... as in one presses the "ticking bomb" and starts to form english words based on the letters we see on a card. *Man, I feel so helpless almost everytime when the bomb came to me... cos everyone like stares at u but won't mouth u a WORD~ LOL.* And I think there were 2 or 3 times whereby MX and I actualli tot of the same word yet cos my turn came b4 hers, I sorta gt to say it... but her eng super gd... no prob of coming up with a new one soon enough haha. *Ben most lol la... he was supposed to come up with a word but he would hold the "bomb" near his ear and then hears the ticking stop, and then sorta commented: "exploded liao..."* Okie... so in the end, YB and I were the lucky ones who din collect any card on our hands haha.
Next, there's this "panda-we-do-the-action" memory game. All of us were supposed to do an action based on the card we see on the table... slowest one or the one who does it wrong collects the card. Dang HA and I could fight for the "more number of cards on our hands" at 1st... till James "joined in". *Both of us kinda opposite... he kept doing the wrong "raise hand" action while I kept on "banging" the table... too shiok liao la~ can't stop haha.* Anyway, we played back "True Colours" in the, since James and Jess din get to play previously. It was hilarious~ *Do I look tat innocent, MX? Lol... I think Jess looks even more than me haha.*
Meanwhile, we celebrated YB's bday earlier today... surprise for her. 
Jess made these yummy fruit tart cookies for YB o! She was deciding bet. a banana cake or these the day b4... and ooi I already tot of the name "Polkina" ready liao lor... cos was thinking if there's a banana cake, I'd buy polki sticks and put there as candles haha! *So, Dayna + Banana + Polki = Polkina! HEHE.* But then the fruit tarts were nice~ thk u Jess. *There, there... the lady in white on the pic above... see her, see her...*
Left the place at 5+pm and it costed each of us about $13... okie la nice gaming session hehe.

MX left to meet her friends at Bugis, whilst the rest of us headed to Sembawang Bottle Tree Village for dinner. HA, Ben and I hopped onto a taxi at Sembawang MRT and the min we gt in, and after telling the cab driver whr we were heading to, he said: "tio fine liao, TMD." I was like... stunned... y the heck are u telling this to us? U can choose nt to take in passengers in the 1st place. HA was pissed off with the driver, so he din really want to talk thruout... could sense tat haha. So, seeing tat the driver insisted tat he somehw noe hw to go to this Jalan Memburong (?) place, HA told him to continue driving, despite Ben telling him to u-turn. *Paiseh ah Ben, we really din noe this uncle fake knowing the way and so ignored ur "Andrews Ave" say all the way~* We came all the way to Bottle Tree Park then we knew this was the wrong one... so took Ben's advice and went back. Ben was googling using his hp as he looked at the directions. *YB's side was no better... the uncle din noe hw to drive to Bottle Tree Village too and so they called to ask us for help along the way. But at least their taxi uncle was honest enough to admit, unlike ours... simply wanted to make us pay more cos he tio fine la.* In the end, the fare came up to 15bucks for our side, likewise for YB they all. Lol... PH was the 1st to reach there among us... James forgot about his sms to wait for her at Sembawang MRT.
*I noe u're nt happy cos of tat... but I wasn't in the know at all. I sms-ed u cos u din call me and I assumed u shld be cabbing down alone, for fear u'd lose ur way like us too. I'm ok nw but the min u pushed my hand away... I was a little angry, honestly.*

The place is indeed ulu la. And ordering of food took some time since there were 8 of us... for sure there's gonna be diff opinions la. *Din take pic of the food... cos I was somehw giddy after the cab ride, and then the Chi tea made it worse... dunno y haha.* Loved the egg tofu, mushrm as well as fried breaded prawn. 咕噜肉was nt bad too. And the seaweed soup had lotsa ingredients in it... but when I drank the soup alone, I realised it actualli tasted kinda bland.
Cracked all kinds of jokes there la... and man my "lobster" joke... I din mean it. I really mistook the sponge for lobster meat la. *Dun laugh le pls~ so embarrassing LOL!* And the hw to differentiate male/female crab method... I really rmb-ed one of it has蟹黄lol... okie well since the crab's alive, YL's method is "more workable" in recognising them (triangle and round)... without having to risk our hands ba haha.
Oh well, we had satay thereafter... mutton and chicken... yummy! Each of us paid $26.50 in all for cab fare plus dinner... "sumptuous-gathering" today... excluding the idiotic cab driver. *Dun worry guys, I dun mean to eat u guys up when I say "sumptuous"...*
 
HA they all suggested walking out of Bottle Tree Village and hmm I was kinda against the idea at 1st cos the long and ulu road out seemed really dark. *And yes it really is la.... those dim orange lights doesn't help at all.* We were a bunch of noisy kids on the way out... such a contrast to the quiet nature ard us haha. So, the mischievious gang decides to take a few pics to“纪念”our walk out of this really "jungle-ly rd" in SG haha~
HA is our photographer... he wanted to be... so YB snapped him back haha.
Walked past landed properties b4 suddenly a large dog came out to bark at us! *Jess was scared by the dog, but YL was frightened by her instead LOL... cos she screamed haha! Aiyoh, Jess u "win" a dog liao~* We came to the nearest bus stop and waited for the bus to take us back to Sembawang MRT. *Nex time can take bus there le... instead of a cab hmph!*

Reached home about 10.20pm and caught World Cup match of Argentina VS Germany. The Germans already scored a goal b4 I watched. And they fought brave and strong throughout haha... young and passionate ba. *I love the colour of their football attires... black and gold streaks woo~* Argentina somehw looked like they broke down after losing 0-2 to Germany... defence gt really loose. The 4-0 win by Germany was breezy... gd game there. *OMG... the octopus's prediction came true again!*

Comments