自闭儿•Me

Matthew need my help with typing, so they set up a “temp desk” for me in front of the storeroom haha… only a desktop on it lol. Alison was joking about how she used to sit like tat last time in office. Matthew was still saying how I could “lie” against the storeroom door if I get backaches haha.

Afternoon had马来炒面($4)…nice o! After tat suddenly felt extreme sleepiness in that hr dunno y. Basically com typing and later half of the day staying in the storeroom to re-file some past yr de NHG’s papers.
*Matthew was like: “Whoa so fast finish le ah?” and then Serene joked: “Eh… she how old, u how old ah~” LOL!*
Think Matthew, Serene, Shereen and other colleagues at my desk de area shares close friendship… the way they joked with one another is fun. Matthew and Serene even以“姐弟”相称lol! I like this kind of “family-feeling” thing between colleagues… yeah I think I’m starting to like my colleagues and this job!

Whole day was worrying about my 1st day of tuition today… worried about being late and the kind of situation I’m gonna face etc. Took me like 20mins to reach Bukit Batok… 5+mins to walk to the nearest bus-stop to wait for 187… and it took 10mins for it to come… 5mins to reach Blk 315. My destination block is blk 326… so walked for another nearly 5mins before I finally see the block. By the time I reached there, about 7pm juz nice… phew.

Mrs Lim’s maid came to open the door… she like blur blur dunno today gt tuition. *I tot I knocked on the wrong door.* Mrs Lim was back-facing me then, looking at the com. Seeing this 2-storey house… the word “rich” came to mind and so straightaway I was wondering if she’s some kind of “dao auntie” already. Heng ah… she came to greet me… smiling and all, then led me up to Jorrick’s study rm.

She mentioned that the last tutor, Mrs Ang coached Jorrick for over a yr, but cos of vocal chord de prob… doctor persuaded her to quit. *OMG… pray he won’t continue to be so quiet… if nt the next one to go mute would be me le~* Mrs Lim said tat Mrs Ang gave him lotsa test papers… and told me tat he disliked Chinese. H-A-H-A~ how bad can it get? I mean come on, bound to meet (7 out of 10 ba) children who detest tat subject yet forced to be tutored in tat subject lol.
*听得出来Mrs Lim give the tutor a lot of freedom when it comes to tuition… I’m glad.*


This sec 1 boy(林茁睿)… *My mind went blank for a few secs when I saw his chi name lol* de character is exactly opposite to Pavithra. I rmbed when I saw Pavithra for the 1st time, she was only quiet… but she’d asked me things when she doesn’t understand. Jorrick’s so quiet… I’m talking for like 90% of the time. *Lucky got soft drink and air-con sia~* His “main line” for the day was: “不知道。” … and then shrugging his shoulders… staring very hard at the paper/txt bk in front of him (few eye contacts). I tried to probe and asked for his opinions… until in the end I actually said: “大概讲一点。。一句话还是一个字都可以。” He’s very passive… “u push a bit, then he move a bit” kind of boy. He would only nod or shake his head when I ask: “Ok/can ma?” haha. Ok he would ask qns only when I tell him to, otherwise he looks kind of scared/afraid that he would make mistake or wat… macham I would eat him up haha!

Another big difference between him and Pavithra: Pavithra has a wonderful and delightful smile! After teaching her for some time, u would hear her “super high-pitched” de laughter… hey I enjoyed tat! It’s only the 1st lesson with Jorrick, but after tat 1.5hrs I realised sth funny about him: Dunno if he’s shy or trying to act cool or really like tat (according to him)… he HARDLY smiles, let alone laughing. Hey, hey, hey~ I tried my best to be humourous as a teacher ok… and I think there are quite a few times when I caught him, trying so, so, so hard to抿嘴in order to stay cool, but嘴角还是不小心稍稍上扬la! Haha… I’m so proud of my sense of humour hehe~

But I still failed in some area… like I asked him about his interests and hobbies but Jorrick didn’t want to tell. I asked his opinion on passages but in the end still didn’t manage to get a right response from him. Anyway, looking on the bright side… I see this as a challenge… to open up someone! I dunno if I would get tired along the way but juz today alone I think I already see some kind of “bright” personality in Jorrick. Maybe it’s only the 1st lesson tats y… I shouldn’t be too anxious to get him to open up ba.

*快点为我这位“华文大使”加油吧! 我很努力,希望至少能让茁睿不再讨厌华文哦!*

Then again, Jorrick almost reminded me of myself. *曾几何时... 我也几乎自闭过。*

Back in pri sch days, I’m definitely the kind of student who keeps quiet during lesson and nv volunteers myself to ans qns (even in sec sch oso like tat… poly gt better ba). I still rmb my“招牌动作”: Nod, shake, shrug. Haha… a “yes” means a nod; a “no” means a shake of the head; whilst shrugging my shoulders meant that I don’t know. Yeah… these are basically what I do during lower pri when asked to ans a qns by the teachers. That’s why u see comments in my report book, yr after yr… “… is very quiet and needs to speak up more in class.”.

*Now I know how difficult it was for my teacher to face a student like me… haha. Retribution now~ lol.*

Part of the reason was that I was afraid of being laughed by others if I gt the ans wrong. 一直以来,我都是一个超级爱面子的人… the thought of making mistakes is terrible to me. That’s y there are times when I tried very hard to prepare for presentations. 我知道人不可能完美,但我希望能依我的标准尽量完美地完成指定的工作/作业… making my flaws less visible to others is what I aim for every now and then. *Of cos there is still the lazy side to me la…haha… nope I’m nt a perfectionist. *

Oh yeah… I too realise how I see “opening ppl up” as a challenge. I reckon I won’t get tired of this but would instead try my best in doing this. Almost forgot that I once did think of becoming a psychologist… and I love Biology most among other Sciences tat I studied in sch. The study of human… getting to know ppl… it’s such an awesome experience! Understanding the complex human brain might be tough, but I think my interest does lie here somehow. Compared to gg ard, meeting so many ppl and interviewing them, I would love a “one-to-one” meet up more than anything else. *That’s y I prefer solo interviews.* I’d love a person-to-person, “heart-to-heart” chat session… and may the other party pour out whatever sorrows or pains they might have in them, well I’m most willing to give my opinions.
*我喜欢聆听,也喜欢分享… “share”… maybe that’s how my Christian name came about!? Lol~*


*Jorrick ah… if I meet more of children like u… I might change my志愿o!*
*如果对华文不抱有一丝热忱的话,那我的第一选择肯定是心理学。*

Comments