Tuition with a Korean

*XF’s a straightforward person, but I juz dun exactly like such ppl… as in the way they speak can easily offend/hurt others.*

Downpour early in the morning when I went for work… the road was flooded and my jeans gt very wet. I can hear colleagues complaining to each other about the stupid rain. Lunch with usual bunch of ppl, MY and Nicholas din join us today though. SM and YM were guessing who’s the girl YD like… whose name starts with “M”. Just when XF and I stepped out of the lift, I was telling XF they are gonna guess the whole day then YM suddenly shouted out: “Minnie Mouse!” from inside the lift lol.

Chatted with Vincent and PW in MSN.
Vincent ah… I guess he’s as chatty as before but I seriously din noe that he had more “girl friends” haha! Still rmb how he used to bicker with MH, but they lost contact now. He’s still in contact with ppl like Glenda, PF, Jelena, May and ML… haha those gals whom I’ve long lost contact with… since we’re like diff clique of ppl. Anyway, he’s working admin at Bugis, near NAFA… pay $7/hr better than mine la! One thing I nv guessed: MH’s so “dedicated” lol.

As for PW, this junior of mine “pops” out the conversation window once in a while in MSN and chats with me. She worked for 1 yr in British Council before gg into NP Accountancy course this yr. I’m really interested to see how much she’d changed haha… hope she still stays the “guai guai” PW I noe. *Try peeking me at my grad ceremony lol!*

6pm left office, had炸鱼饺河粉($3)at Clementi S-11 foodcourt… the fried fish dumplings taste esp nice when dipped into chilli sauce! Left for a bus stop nearer than opp Mac de bus stop at ard 6.50pm… suay to find tat Bus no.189 doesn’t stop there! Spend another 3mins walking back to opp Mac de bus stop… missed 1st bus. It was 7.15mins when I board the bus… oni to realise that the bus did pass by juz now tat bus stop, but it doesn’t stop there… weird ah!
Luckily it was only a 4 stops thing… 7.25pm reached West Bay Resort Condo… I went in from the back door, blindly following other residents haha. *Trepassing!?* It was lvl B1 I walked and I kept turning ard, finding whr Blk 58 is. *Perspiring like mad then.* Finally when I found it, the security told me that it’s a clubhouse! I called up Winnie, oni to noe that it shld be Blk 54 instead sian~

Again took lift blindly, reached 3rd flr then realise can’t find the house no! *Faint* Went back B1 again find the correct lift to the correct unit. Finally, I reached her house at like 7.40pm… the door was widely open… macham welcoming me haha.

Before the tuition, I was imagining the house to be super glam (with orange living rm lights), then a rich taitai and somehow strict-looking de uncle would come up to me and greet me… *I even imagined them criticising me for being late behind my back lol!* Then a defiant 15yr old gal would appear, looking stuck-up and all haha!

No… the house was very plain, white in colour. First thing that came into sight was the white sofa and a lady in her 20s sitting there, reading sth. She saw me, but不屑一顾and I did thought sculli she’s my student. Juz then, a kinda short and a bit plump de cute girl popped out from nowhere and greeted me. Another auntie appeared and greeted me nicely too. They invited me into the bedrm.

My student is a grade 9 student, Chae Won, currently studying at Canadian International Sch. *Chae Won looks like 11, 12yrs old la! Chubby haha.* She’s here 3mths le, while her mum’s been here for already 1.5yrs. As her mum goes away for business trips often, so they rented that unit with another Korean family, so there’s someone to look after her daughter when she’s away. Well, her mum stayed and chatted a bit in the rm for like 20mins before gg out… lucky she nt staying throughout the whole lesson… if nt nightmare sia!

Chae Won learned Chinese since grade 4 (pri 4) back in Seoul. She can actually write some繁体字 *god and I can’t!* and it seems she’s very积极in learning. But she said they were taught the Korean way (like how u use English to learn Chi and vice versa), so basically she oni knows a bit here and there, without knowing if they were accurate/correct or nt. We communicated using English, and she speaks English with an American slang cos of the education system in Korea. *She enjoys Singlish lol!*

A bubbly girl, outspoken and totally enthusiastic I would say. Guess studying in an International sch did influence her somehow. Chae Won taught me a bit of Korean too, and shared the differences and similarities bet the 2 langs. One thing’s tough for her: “h” pronounciation in mandarin… e.g: “zhang”. Cos she gt difficulty pronouncing my surname… kept on saying: “zang” *sounds like “dirty” lol*

Chae Won’s nt exactly into idol stuff *sad!* but she said she do watch Taiwanese idol dramas and loves Angela Chang and Fahrenheit’s songs! *Lol… Korean liking Chi singers while I love DBSK, SUJU etc.* Wanted to shake hands with her mum when I was about to leave, but she was cooking and her hands are wet haha. As it was a condo, so CY送我到gate there… haha… kinda sweet girl. *Ta-neo-chu-sae-yo!*

*Compared to Jorrick… Chae Won’s like so much better… at least she shows enthusiasm and responds to me. Honestly, that’s the diff bet “to take up tuition” and “to be forced to take up tuition”… I can understand how Jorrick feels la haha.*

Comments