童年.玩伴

Morning came to photocopy those HO (house officer) left-over “delinquencies” (i.e: SAF, no cheque, no signature etc) and Alice and Matthew took them to SMC I think.

Alison shared with me about how HO’s are being chosen. These fresh NUS School of Medicine de U grads are bonded and 250 (maximum number) of them would have to register with SMC in order to become a licensed doctor in SG. SMC would then send them to diff hospitals to do internship, under the guidance of a senior doctor. They would be assessed maximum 3 times and after which the results would determine if they can become official MOs (medical officer). MOs have more independence and can choose to or nt to undergo trainings.

*我对事不对人,感谢Alison和我分享这些点滴。*
I realise among those applications, about 95% of them are from名校… honestly I haven seen one from neighbourhood schs (sec and pri) yet. Becoming doctors in SG is really tough… competition is tough. Every cohort (per yr) is only 250 ppl at most… can become a trainee doctor. Furthermore, u only have either NHG or SH these 2 big organisations to choose to work for after graduation. Unlike journalism, Alison said we could go to diff publishing companies to work. See how tough competition is for doctors?
Of course, doctors’ salaries might be high, but their sense of responsibility and人格muz be gd as well.

*小时候可以嚷着说:“我长大要当医生,要救人!”
可是长大后,我们还只能是说说吗?*


*My colleagues here 90% married or attached haha. Unlike SPH ones… lol.*

=============================================

I feel weird at that moment.

A bit weird because I felt perfectly fine: “Just another wedding.”
Haha… maybe it’s fine since we haven’t contacted each other in years.

ZX’s getting married, 27th Apr 2008.
Shot-gun somemore.
Wife already 7mths pregnant…3 days ago then he told his mum. A bit late I tot.
They’re gonna have a simple marriage ceremony, then a buffet at East Coast there.
23yrs old and becoming a dad soon.
Sounds like everything’s a rush to me.


我不否认我曾幻想过这样的画面:他穿着笔挺的西装,和穿着亮丽婚纱的老婆站在一块儿,而自己则走向前向他们道贺。

I didn’t know that it would actually come so soon haha.
No, I wouldn’t be gg to the buffet… cos I want both time and impression to stop at when I was 10, 11yrs old.
Nt that I am shy or wat, but I dun want my impression of him to *suay suay* turn bad juz cos I went to see him. (Example he nt as “cute” as he was when he was young… haha then I will sian lol!)


ZL joked say he haven even marry his gf yet and his younger bro “dare to” get married before him haha. Anyway, I’m really interested and curious about how they all look after so many years: ZX, ZL, “7th flr” uncle and auntie, ZX’s super cocky aunt and her Caucasian husband… and of cos ZX’s wife.

*秘密花园的姐姐前天才刚寄给我她的甜蜜婚纱照。
现在ZX也要结婚了。。。最近喜事蛮多的,可我怎么没机会喝“喜酒”啊!? 我要complain啊!很久没有喝了leh! LOL~*

没有一丝的不愉快。现在剩下的只有开心的童年回忆。
这么一个让我印象深刻的童年玩伴,不是人人都有的,我很幸运。
突然,脑海不停地反复出现这些画面:

一群人玩足球、直排轮、羽毛球、塞车Sony game、电脑游戏等。。。
两人在他姑姑房里“高歌”。。。
在他家看戏(including“不该看的戏”LOL)、读杂志和报纸。。。
包面线(很勤劳somemore even though got nt pay…haha)。。。
一起去楼下playground玩、替赌麻将的大人买饭。。。
吃那 “chao-da”的荷包蛋。。。
被大人、ZL & ZH开玩笑、取笑我们。。。
SK they all coming to 7th auntie’s house。。。
Bro being scolded by the cocky and rude aunt。。。


至于还有什么我记得的,就是秘密,不能说了。
Hope ZX and his wife: “Haeng bok ah~”


*Friends reading this post… how about ur childhood playmate(s)? Where are they now? Tried to contact them? Felt可惜about nt staying in contact with them? I did.*

*你是不是在想:“如果当初没有。。。”… as in nth changed (i.e: nv move house blah), how would it be like now?
哈哈。。。我已经不再想“如果”这个字眼了。*

Comments