Poetry.com

*Learn to let go... I know that's painful, but u can't depend on someone whom u dunno if u can depend on for life. Those words were cruel, but I guess maybe I'm getting to realise how伟大love can be and how much one's willing to give in when she's too deep in love. Still, cheer up.*

Shereen seems to be in a bad mood the whole day… I don’t even dare talk to her. Later half of the day, the auditor needs to check sth so asked KF to find back MO resignees de docs. KF asked Shereen for it and she in turn came to ask me. They wanted “2008 MO resignees’s files” but actually I wasn’t the one who sorted this whole batch out. I did sorted out recent HOs, DOs and MOs (2004, 2006) files. But maybe cos I arranged almost all of the documents in the cupboard before, so Shereen sounded like she expects me to dig the files out. After a few attempts from KF and me, still couldn’t find and I could see tat Shereen’s kinda pek cek le.
*Pls find back the friendly and somehow happy Shereen I used to know.*

Had lunch with SM, Shawn, YM and Diana again. Went back to the same hawker centre and this time round, I tried “Henry’s Chicken Rice”…白鸡腿饭($3)nice. 1 promoter came about promoting this new pdt of a branded cologne, selling 2 for $25 nia. When he let us tried the smell, the moment SM smell it, she pointed to Shawn and said that’s his smell! LOL~ we were laughing about how SM muz be secretly gg ard and “smelling Shawn” the whole day. Then we went over to Sheng Siong supermart to buy some tidbits. Met SJ, Aidi and a few other colleagues in there as well. SM insisted on buying her fav dessert “Dao Suan” lol.

"Click or not?"…再随和、再好相处的人,也会有不click的对象.*

Received poetry.com’s email saying that my poem “Bless The Broken Road” is now in the semi-finals of the competition le… happy. It would be included in their latest poem publication “Immortal Verses Series”. .

It’s nt the 1st time I participated in poetry.com’s poetry competition. Since my sec 2 form-cum-English teacher Miss Tan told us about this webby, I’ve been visiting it at times… most frequently being 2002-2004 ba? After tat I stopped for quite a while, before gg back to poetry.com again recently.

It sounds a very professional and recognised website but I really wonder how many poets send in their poems there? Seems like my poems get the luck of being chosen in there haha. I received the invitation letters and emails from them, almost everytime when I send in my poems for the annual competition. Prob is I dun have VISA blah all tat, if nt I’d want to own the poetry books, where my poems are published in. The trophies, books and plaques really looks kinda “high-class” and is somehow of significance to poets… but ex of course… plus everything shipped over from UK.
*They shld juz give it free to poets as recognition ma! Haha.*

Looking back at my entries now… some of them are really average and normal, or maybe, nt even of any literature standard. But they told of my feelings then, regardless of the Eng standard.

Some of my poems that u can find on
www.poetry.com

2002:
Title: “Friendship”

Inspiration from: Wrote the 1st draft during one of the English lesson in sec 2. I rmb Miss Tan asking us to write, and “friendship” juz came to mind. I rmbed myself trying to make my poem rhyme, since according to my “stereotyped impression” of most poems: they rhyme… haha.

@~@ Read it in “Letters from the Soul” (2002 publication) and hear it from “The Sound of Poetry”.

2002:
Title: “Food”

Inspiration from: Haha… reading this poem now makes me feel a bit shy… cos I thought it isn’t “chim” at all but only funny! Can’t rmb how I came up with this poem but it’s all about food la… and how u end up in toilet blah lol.

@~@ Read it in “Letters from the Soul” (2002 publication) and hear it from “The Sound of Poetry”.
*I’m kinda proud that among 33 poems in “The Sound of Poetry” (a collection of fav poems chosen by the International Library of Poetry), 2 are mine. I think… maybe cos they both rhyme, so more suitable for reading out loud haha.*

2004:
Title: “Two Souls, apart”

Inspiration from: This poem reminds me of Mr Chan Weng Lock! He’s my sec 1 and sec 4 English teacher. Haha… don’t ask me why... maybe cos he was the reason why I wrote this poem!? *Don’t get the wrong meaning! It’s the “motivation” Mr Chan gave ok!?* I rmb taking a dict, walking ard and checking the meaning of the word “forlorn” before I used it in the poem lol.

@~@ Read it in “The Best Poems and Poets of 2004” and hear it from “The Sound of Poetry”.

2005:
Title: “Drifting me”

Inspiration from: *Juz kill me ok!? I can’t rmb the reason behind for penning this.* Bet I was feeling kind of down/alone then that’s why ba? Or if I’m nt wrong, it’s one of Hero and U-Know’s wallpaper which gave me the inspiration. Hero’s expression was exactly what gave me the gist in “Drifting me”.

@~@ Read it in “Eternal Portraits”.


*Interesting thing about this organisation is that the address is “1 Poetry Plaza, Owing Mills”… it totally reminds me of Hedwig and Harry Potter la! The outer of the envelope is the picture of a blue feather (those kind of “feathered-pen”)… so “Hogwarts” ah~!*

Oh yeah, so are u interested in poetry then? If so, try ur luck at
www.poetry.com o! Tell me if ur poem(s) get chosen so I can congratulate u haha!
*I sound like advertiser for it haha… no pay though… sad haha!*

Comments