功夫之王

*Dad and mum will be coming to my poly grad ceremony haha.*

Woke up at 12pm, so pushed Jorrick’s tuition to 2pm. Gave him compo ex on the spot since it looked like he wouldn’t do it as hwk. Kinda short essay… oni ard 260words he wrote. In the end…满江红la! He’s gt tonnes of words dunno how to write, storyline very flat and incomplete I feel. Well, I did explained to him my comments and how I marked, and even corrected him all his sentence structures etc… Jorrick still can laugh at his own mistakes ah haha! Guess he’s trying to refrain from laughing too much *exposing too much of himself* cos he kept on covering his mouth when he wants to laugh. I’m gonna say this to him the next time: “以后要笑就笑出来,不然会重内伤的!”

Met PH 5+pm at JP to have dinner and catch the movie“功夫之王”. Tried the Kimchi ra-men ($3.90) at the 3rd lvl foodcourt while PH had Korean salad mayonaise chicken rice. Food’s average for me. Then she went F.O.X to find her poly friend who’s working there… they chatted while I looked ard… ex sia the clothes.

A mixed production, “功夫之王”… I dunno how to explain but it’s just a gd show to me.
I’ve watched some martial arts show… this one’s gt a lot in it but martial arts wasn’t the main thing that attracted me somehow. I reckon it’s the jokes… that are said as dialogues. Jackie Chan nv fails to bring out the humour in his characters. Jet Li might looked the serious type “silent monk”… but when he laughed non-stop at the sight of the angmoh (literally “金毛”messenger for Sun Wukong), I couldn’t help laughing badly lol!

Michael Angarano (main lead from Sky High) as the messenger… he’s simply another white kid who’s engrossed with martial arts. Ah doi… I was waiting for a kiss between him and Sparrow la! But华人就是那么含蓄… Sparrow died and the love between the two stopped at暧昧的阶段. Yet, the ending showed him coming back to reality (Boston), saw “Sparrow” who works in a shop called “Golden Sparrow” haha… such a玄机! Liu Yi Fei’s beautiful…很有古典美, and her spoken English is very good.

*If I were to have a dream like Michael’s!*

Jackie Chan’s the drunken master and his drunken fist is nice. As for the very old ah pek in Boston (played by Jackie Chan), I’m wondering if he’s Drunken Immortal himself leh? Cos he said “I’m an immortal” near the end while on the stretcher haha.

Weird thing’s that the monks, army, deities in the film can all speak English haha so funny! I didn’t find Jet Li’s English that bad leh… instead it’s the baddie who’s got a bit of “problem” when he pronounced it as “plo-bem” in his lines lol… when I almost thought he’s ABC! I think there’s a bit of twist/surprise in the show which I didn’t guessed… other audience might have though. Not telling it here but here’s a bit of hint: Having lots of hair is an advantage to Sun Wukong haha!

Rating: 3.5/5

*Rain’s English sounds nt bad too… from what I saw in the trailer of “Speed Racer”. I might catch it in theatres, might nt. At most dl from tudou haha.*

Got a pair of sandals ($19) from JP. Then, PH’s bro came over to drive us home… kinda comfortable. Well, I always enjoy a car ride.

Comments