*So many readings to print sia~ Yet I'm still nt in the mood to study them! Shit lol.*

Uni means independent study. Having the freedom to choose wat we like and wat we want, but nt having the right to decide if we could have them... competition bet students... haiz. Chose my TV Pract UE at 1st... tot I could enjoy taking the 1st UE in my uni life as I wished it'd go about. Sadly, things had to crop up. A "system error", according to the lecturer. Disappointment. Thought I really had to take up Japanese lvl 1 as my UE, and was worrying about how I'd make myself "fall in love" with a foreign lang tat I wasn't interested in, b4 I told myself "Hey, learning another foeign lang is gd for me~".
Things took for another turn... I gt COM415: News Writing and report in Chi as my current UE (pray hard no more changes), when a guy in the class dropped tat module. Headache while discussing our feature report with WZ over the phone ysd... for about an hr b4 I flew to CC for my guitar lesson. From nw on, my tues curriculum timetable would be from 8.30am all the way to 10pm at night... with a few hrs break in bet. It's gonna be tiring... but I'm positive atm. Let's see how it goes.


Met WZ at 12.30pm today and we toured the CCA booths. She wanted to join in CAC's public affair's/publicity team, and there's an audition at 7pm tonight. In the end, WZ gave up cos she said she's gt many readings to do. As for me, I am interested in event management but if I were to fight with so many enthu uni students at an audition, I honestly wonder if I can make it, since I've almost no prior experience in concert backstage stuffs. We walked to North Spine and I stopped at Chi Society's booth too... but hehe I'm more interested in茶霓思's band grp haha. WZ and I both joined the Korean club's dance and lang grp... yeah meaning we would get to learn the lang and dance to DBSK, SJ's songs lol.

Met SS for HW101C lesson at HSS building. The new classrm there's definitely better. Holly, LC, SS and I discussed about "3 lies and 1 truth" about ourselves in our small grps haha. *SS's identity as an "ABC" is inviting attention~ haha!* Holly's actually from Hong Kong~ Later on, we split ourselves into another small grp, with me, Fabian, HY and HW, in which we did discussions on some writers' quote. Well, some quotes dun make sense to me though haha. After tat 2 hrs of tut, we moved on to TR117 for HC101's tut. Mr Huang's a humourous cher... and he teaches gender and sexuality module, as well as Taiwan, HK and western lit o~ cool. *He was a journalist? Hmm...dun rmb seeing him lol.* Anyway, our tut class was fun cos ppl speaks up... my "juniors" from NP CHS were noisy haha~

Oh well why the big discussion? We were on this poem, "Lan Lan" by Khong Hai Khoo. It was from a local movie “Talking Cock.讲鸟话”shown in 2002.

Wa lau eh

I damn buay song
Today forgot
To put kupoon
Tio saman

Then I wandered
Lonely as a clown
Everywhere
I KLKK
When all at once
I saw a crowd
Who were all buying
Illegal VCD, leh

Roses are red,
and violets are blue
Si bey suay
The VCD is not blue too

Sadly I left
And went to the launge
To drown my sorrow
In a G.R.O

I needed time to go and think
And maybe also have a drink

Tiger, Tiger
Burning bright
When I drink you, I want to fight
What the fish, I ask you why
After drinking, I kena sai?

The qns thrown to us were: "这算是文学吗?" and "Do u consider this a poem?"

Well personally, I would say "yes". To me, 文学基本上就是文字. The above形容或许粗俗了些,但它反映的还是文化... 比较本土、也比较小市民的文化。The normal impression ppl have of "poems" would be that they are "flowery and/or are of some standard/class". However, after some "crazy lectures on definitions of lit" + I gave it some thoughts, I'd have to say文学的定义绝对随着时间和环境改变。And in this era, “文学”is no longer only about “优雅的反映现实或复杂的反思”, it's all about L.I.F.E. All kinds of life, be it in the upper or lower class of society. So,文学不应该有阶级之分lol. So, "Lan Lan" is a poem haha.


After tat, SS accompanied me to Chi library to print my notes. Saw JY and YX there too. Both of them quite "chiong" ah... take 6modules this sem. I accompanied JY home at the end of the day, since YX is“机车一族”haha. JY wasn't feeling well today... sick gal haha.

*希望至今为止做的决定都不会让自己有后悔的余地。因为我的人生字典不存在“后悔”两个字haha.*

Comments