The Proposal

*I'm having prob recalling wat lects/tuts I had this morning lol.* Ok I met SS and LC b4 we went for HW101C's tut. Hmm... again a bit of discussion, and then we were given 15mins to go to Canteen B and observe the surroundings, den to come up with a 100words and write a 80-120 words long essay. Gosh SS wrote super long haha. I din really looked into my "voice" when writing though, somehw wat I tot at tat pt of time. Well, kinda boring tut for me.
Then, we went for HC101's tut. We discussed on meta-fiction(后设/元小说)... and the reading given previously as hwk was黄凡's “如何测量水沟的深度”. Seriously, one would either find this story meaningless or interesting. Slpy as I was while reading, so I tot the author was kind of trying to "make fun" of the readers... 绕了一大圈没有结果~ What the lol!? Hmm I'm keeping my views open for nw... dun wanna say that I wouldn't touch this kind of fiction anymore... nor does it attract me a lot haha.

*I know it can be tough, but let's hope she can help me.*

Accompanied SS to Sch of Comm Studies b4 I took bus179 to Pioneer to meet up with PL. We planned to watch "The Proposal" together haha~ Went Cine Orchard... the queue was quite long, and until this malay guy b4 us (whose "hair-looked-as-though-he-juz-came-out-from-a-bomb-area"), the malay cashier was flirting a bit with him la... saying he looked gd and Chi blah. Lol la... dun care as long as we get our tickets haha. Both of us went Pasta de Waraku for dinner after tat... cos PL was saying she wanted to try haha.
Gosh the restaurant was rather冷清today. Saw Dawn Yeo there, alone haha. Anyway, I had my fav spicy prawn cabonara pasta whilst PL had her tomato seafood-sauced pasta. Both of us shared a regular-sized scallop and prawn pizza too~ haha... The crust was crispy lor... and as the pizza was rather thin, the cheese or butter or watever wasn't too much for me... heng ah. *Think I can stand cheese/butter better now haha.* Of cos... my pasta was still gd haha.
*我们因为工作认识,但可以聊的却还真的蛮多的。很开心认识 "my secretary" haha~ and even though she's a yr younger than me, she's always saying hw "traditional" her tots are towards marriage~ lol.
我们有时候可以从朋友身上了解并认识得更多。很喜欢这种知性的交换与分享。But then again, it's nt like u can find friends whom u click with, as and when u wish to.*

*Drum roll~~~*
The "de-stressing activity" of the day: watching "The Proposal"!
This movie is very funny. Why nt "hilarious"? Well, the humour in the show (we laughed during most of the scenes) ain't the exaggerating kind... but simple, small (sometimes even sarcastic) jokes that crack u up. 1st of all to start with how I feel... the marriage bet Andrew and Margaret is absurd! I mean in yr 2009, how can two ppl marry without love bet them? Yes, that's how domineering Margaret was... in order to stop herself from being deported to Canada. Blur Andrew agreed to the proposal, and at 1st it was kind of a互相利用的关系. So in order for them to get to know each other more (hopefully to convince the immigration officer), Margaret followed Andrew back to his hometown in Sitka, Alaska. It was a mere 2 or 3 days together but Andrew, whom knew his boss Margaret inside out since 3yrs ago, realised he'd fell in love with her. Margaret felt the same way too. Their fake marriage failed, and Margaret had plans to go back to Toronto. Lucky in the end, Andrew chased her back haha.

Hmm... the credit scenes at the end of the movie was random... about the immigration officer questioning the leads and the other characters in the film... so random it looked like some "NG" scenes lol.
Liked how "blur" the male lead Ryan Reynolds looked in some of the scenes... cute la haha. 他的眼神给人一种很单纯的感觉... 有时候看他像小孩,有时候又很man. Sandra Bullock definitely looks older than him, and when I looked up imdb.com... yeah she's like 12yrs older than him!

Thumbs up for "The Proposal"!

Rating: 4/5

Saw that Hero and Micky's Japanese single's coming out... "Colors Melody and Harmony". Dual covers below:I prefer the 1st one. And yeah they do look like a new duo grp haha. 对啦~ 音乐本来就是旋律与和谐;两者的结合是彩色.

Comments