University?

做决定的时候又到了。。。真是烦恼。
Why would I miss the times when my parents and the schools decide everything for me, i.e. the paths I hav to take/ the subjects that I study etc? Back in those younger days, we weren’t mentally wise enough to decide for ourselves. Now, as we grow up…going into sec schs, polys, and now universities….we’re maturing with every step forward. That means more choice for us, tougher decisions to make tat further complicate our “in-a-already-deprived-of-oxygen-state”(cos of stress la!) brains.

I know it’s bad to think of it in this way, but…why do I always feel tat I’m left with no choice? Oh yeah…maybe the term “guinea pig” suits me more. This animal sorta “sticks” to me, at some periods of my life.

Pri 6 turned Sec 1: I was among the pioneer batch in new Hua Yi Sec. Only 2 batches of students in sch then…Mum said this sch looks new, “like got air-con environment nt bad, go.” Yeah I went in, E1-01….creme of the crop…what heck~ I had nightmare even before sch started: dreamt tat my whole class was full of thick-spec nerds!

Sec 4 O lvls: We were the 1st batch of students to take “O” English papers, to be marked by Oxford de markers.

Poly yr 1: I chose to go into a brand new course, 1st of its kind to be offered in SG: Diploma in Chinese Studies.凭着自己自小对华语/华文的一股热爱便选修,也没管前景如何(当时看起来是很有前途的啦~). I’ve to admit that, at that time I only wished for a job to do with Chinese in future…nth else…no specific领域that I wanna enter…didn’t bother to think too much even (cos when I was 16+yrs old, 20yrs old IS still far away…come to think of it man~)

Yeah…now the 1st batch of CHS students would be graduating real soon…and now my friends and I are searching for the suitable course in university. Today went to Suntec City for the NTU Let’s Talk 2008 seminars…with WZ and Michelle. Met ZY and XH at City Hall MRT control cos they were there for a SPH intern gathering…coincidence really. XH’s PeKing university rm-mates are Koreans~ so cool lor! She reached Changi airport on 20th Jan too…10pm+ haha.

Reached Suntec, saw Bel and Joy gg back. Bel said she’s gt something on. After the Financial assistance scheme talk, saw PP, WT and ZY as well. *Some ppl can be such a stuck-up…nt even a “Hi.”* Consulted some NTU Chinese Studies de seniors and lecturer…glad that the Honours course sounds fun. *Yes I am applying for it.*

Had lunch at Marina Square de foodcourt. Super ex sia the food there…I bought a set of seafood fried rice + lime juice =$5.50. Saw tat Singtel gt upgrade plan for S500i ($226)…but sad thing is that dad already renewed his contract in Nov in 2006~ argh. Honestly, W580i looks nt bad too…plus it’s gt the light function as well…juz tat I really dun need a music phone. Weird thing is that this music phone is actually cheaper…with plan only $168.

Went back to Suntec to listened to SCI and HSS de talk. SCI = Mass Comm la~ think shld be dao ppl here and there too. LX and her friend was there too. Michelle went hm for dinner, WZ and I sat at Mac chat…then went PepperLunch for dinner. Now, Salmon cream pasta is too much for me le…I felt like puking after I finished it…sick.

Comments