Happy Birthday Mum! + My 1st day of work

*Mum said her whole office celebrated her bday for her…with a surprise bday cake! Nice colleagues ah~ Mum say she “very paiseh” when everyone sang her the bday song…haha…muz be super happy inside la!*

Woke up at 6.40am…so early so nt used to it…I even长针眼lor! Suay gia la. 7.20+am left the house, took the very crowded MRT to Boon Lay, crossed the overhead bridge. A lot of ppl waiting for厂车too. I called ST, stupid phone connection very bad so can’t hear her properly then at 1st I was waiting at the right place, later walk till further away. ST called me, then I saw her at the original place where I was standing.
*All along, a girl in pink, behind me at the stand who’s fanning herself…turns out to be my colleague Evelyn!*

Precicon de van came at ard 7.55am, there were already ard 4-5 colleagues on the van. Evelyn asked me for my age, then she was like: “Whoa…so young!? I old le~” Haha…I’m the youngest in the whole office la, though there’s another temp gal too. They were laughing at Alex, the only guy on the van…saying sooner or later he becomes “gay-ish” lol. Alex and Doreen stay near Lakeside area too…haha…next time go take van in the morning maybe can meet them le. Anyway, these ppl were discussing about Edison and Shen Dian Xia’s news on the van…75% talking in mandarin…so happy…I almost felt like I was in a van “full of paparazzi” leh!

The journey to office took like 10mins…now then I realise Tuas area so big stretch sia~ Went up to 2nd flr and met Shirlyn, the HR manager in charge of me. She brought me into the office, we had a small chat regarding me studying CHS, Chinese, NTU blah. She introduced on Precicon D & C Pte Ltd as well, telling me some brand names like Omron that they are linked with. She told me flexible with timing I leave the office la (can 5pm but juz no厂车lor) and oso dress code can wear jeans. Then, she intro me to Jane, Ginny and Jasmine, who’s gonna teach me all the programs like JWalk and how to use the phones etc.

*Terrence kept on asking me: “You from SG ah?” Haha…yes I am! Colleagues tot my mandarin sounded kinda accurate lol.*

Shirlyn brought me around the warehouse, store, pantry and even toilet la. In time to come, I would have to know all these: take goods when customer comes for self-collection, transfer calls to my colleagues (sounds easy but I’m still nt used to the SPK, ICM button blah), filing, basic data administration, check stock, distribute faxes and simple quotations etc. The tough thing for me is that I don’t study related courses in Poly, so whatever “quotations”, so-and-so XXX726abc product order/stock number I don’t understand…got to pick up from scratch.

*When Shirlyn brought me to tour at the store, WH came out…Shirlyn was like: “Whoa…smoking again ah?” Haha!*

Morning basically learning how to use the fax-cum-email machine + direct/transfer calls from Jane, and familiarising myself with colleagues’ sitting arrangement. Jane’s those typical “office-chic” look, kinda pretty and a nice person. She certainly doesn’t look like a 26years old who’s already worked there for 3years! *Hey HL…she lives in Woodlands too!* Then, skinny Jasmine…she looks kinda strict and the tone she talks, now abit afraid of her. She taught me the basic things about JWalk program lor…then return to her seat le.

*Lunch had星州米粉($2.50). They take-away de…money pay at the end of the week. The nearest coffee shop there is like 2 streets away…poor thing sia.*

Ginny’s looks already gives ppl a very亲切de feel…what’s better was tat she loves Chinese~ She said if during her yr got CHS, she’d choose to go in. She studied ECE at NP…graduated in yr2000 if I nv rmb wrongly. She said there’s once when she worked and studied sales engineering at the same time…very tiring according to Ginny. I didn’t know she’s 29, married for 1 or 2 years with a 1-yr old son now! Her husband’s an insurance agent. She got 2 younger sisters and a 17-yr old bro now…whoa…exactly 12years older sia! Ginny’s quite a talking person…she went on about how she教训her younger bro, how her parents got no time for them blah. Her son’s name quite unique ah:黎渊哲…she said her hubby was against it…scared next time in sch ppl would call his son“原则”instead. Ginny liked the meaning behind this name though.

Terrence shld be an Eng-speaking person, judging from how he talks. He shares his work experience as well…and he was like couldn’t believe I’m an 88-er. Middle-age man le…but honestly, he still looks风度翩翩o!

*I realise I sound like journalist really…keep on digging others’ de info~*


After lunch, we got to wash up our used utensils. Ginny say this company practises“protect our environment”de…haha.

*Whole office I think they got play 93.3FM de…keep on hearing chi songs haha!*

Afternoon was more on filing...paperworks for LP and SM. Helped some walk-in customers settle their goods and bills as well. The phone calls kept on coming in, whole day hearing a lot of “ring, ring, ring” sound…worse than when I’m working in SPH haha! Guess all offices are like tat ba. My colleagues pick up call super fast de oso…there’s quite a few times whereby they picked up juz before I did. I didn’t want to pick up any phone calls de…but SM asked me to…no choice lor. *Tried to avoid, but my seat there风水nt very gd ah…central area many ppl walking here and there…can’t even use net secretly!* Picked up my very 1st call at ard 4+, 5pm ba. I got tongue tied la…transfer call oso a bit手忙脚乱~ Some knew that I’m a new staff there, so they said would call back later. *Heng ah! I wouldn’t want to deal any technical things for them!* Oso, I got a hard time recognising my colleagues la…1st day ma.

*Imagine when I start to take orders, phone calls looking for me…shit le by then…I wanna “eat snake” oso cannot!*

Van uncle drove me back to Lakeside. He offered to drive me even further, till my house楼下~so nice. But nt too far oso, so I told him I’d walk. He oso drive Alex they all to near their house de.

*HL ask me would work long a nt this job? Judging from today no…but really hav to see how comfortable I fit into the job as time pass. If I can’t take those technical things, then I’ll quit lor…no contract anyway. At the present moment, I’d prefer a job at CC or SPH ba…at least u deal with “nt-so-technical” things…basically human relations.*

Reached hm chiong for the toilet for shower straightaway. Then ate KFC as celebration for mum’s bday. Even though it’s only $17 each bet me and bro, but I reckon mum’s had quite a happy day already…plus her celebration in office. We even got canned peaches and longan at night as dessert o!

*妈,生日快乐!希望你的愿望都成真啊。。。最重要的是身体健康~*

Comments