My handwriting

*I’m considering quitting now…see nex Mon I feel how if nt I’m gonna tell Shirline I wanna quit le. Juz feel that this isn’t my area…I dun mean admin but juz that Precicon deals with more towards Maths and Sci area, very术语化的everyday job can really kill me.如果我喜欢那份工作,哪怕起得再早,地点再远、工作得再迟、再多天,我都ok.*

Yes I wanna quit, but I realise subconsciously, I’m actually comparing this job to that of being a journalist. I definitely prefer tha latter: more interesting (I get to get out of that boring office), more freedom (nt so many ppl supervising u and I’ve that little corner of world all to my own)…and oso I guess being a “language person”, I’m much better in writing and dealing with human relation stuff.

Yeah…talking about writing, no one cares how untidy/messy a journalist’s note can get when they jot down notes. (unless when asking ur colleague to help u do the article la) Since young, I’ve heard countless comments about my handwriting…95% negative la: “Whoa…ur handwriting so untidy/messy!” blah. Haha…my friends shld know how my handwriting looks like, so what if my handwriting looks ugly or messy to others? Honestly, I used to be really angry with myself for such handwriting, (毕竟我是女生, and ppl normally would think that a girl shld have nice and neat handwritings) plus oso disliking people cos of their bad comments.

I’m considered“乖学生”in sch but still, I did get punishments before. 80% of them being related to my handwriting. Few embarrassing moments I had in sch cos of my handwriting…
-Pri 2, I was lazy to sharpen my pencil but still used it to write my习字. We lined up to get our workbooks marked by my pregnant Chi teacher. When it was my turn, she marked like 2 pages nia, then starting scolding me kinda fiercely I think. She asked like why I nv sharpen pencil? Why handwriting so big, so ugly? *Back then, my chi characters big until 1 square oso nt enough for my words to fit into.* I rmb clearly that with her almost shouting into my ears, she pulled my right ear so hard… until I had to bend to the right and slowly my heads tilted side-way near my own workbook on the teacher’s table. Last thing she did was to throw my book hard on the floor in front, and demanded that I re-do my hwk. That was in front of a class of 40ppl. To such a脸皮薄的人and 8yrs old child, that definitely打击了我幼小的心灵…也在我的记忆里留下了阴影. I hated her that very min! I can’t rmb exactly if I did cry but心理上很难受. Guess I braved a front still, sniffing in sch…crying a bit on the path home…and breakdown in my own bedroom. I think I’m such a stubborn child that even when mum kept asking me what happened, I refused to say anything…juz crying non-stop.
*Lucky my passion for Chi nv die cos of her. It’s proven and I knew that Chi lang was my area of forte… that’s why I’m who I am today, somehow.*


-Sec 1, Miss Roberts’s Science class. Science was already a subject I kinda dislike cos I wasn’t good in it. Worse thing was I met with this Miss Roberts who was very particular with handwritings. One day, she decided to “shame” those ppl with messy handwritings based on the writings in our tests, practical and workbook. Almost all the boys of Ē1-01 stood up…and I was the only girl called up. 完全没脸抬头呢! She wasn’t going to finish it at these of course…I think she did emphasize that I’m a girl, why my handwriting like tat? *Hmph! Stereotyping…* To emphasize that is a greater侮辱to me then.当下好想立刻钻进黑暗洞里啦! If I nv rmb wrongly, Sci lesson was the last period of tat day, and it was my turn to do duty that day. Together with 2 or 3 of my classmates, we cleaned up the classrm. I was so down that I didn’t want to talk to my classmates cos I was so, so embarrassed.

-Sec 3, Miss Veronica Soo/Su was my Chemistry teacher. She oso darn bothered about handwritings. I rmb once when she came down the rows marking our Chemistry workbook, she walked in front of my table, took my workbook and marked. As she marked, she questioned about some of my writings too…like what they mean, what alphabet/number was that? Then, she told me to learn to write neater. Even though she didn’t raise her voice, my whole row of friends could still hear what she say, I felt embarrassed once again. But nt so down compared to that Sec 1 punishment I think.

-Sec 4, Miss Mei, my Chem teacher…again cared a lot about handwritings. *Why does it seem like Sci teachers in the whole world emphasize so much on this!? The History/ Social Studies/ English teachers shld be the one bothering about this…cos they’ve got tons of essays to go thru! Lol~* She’s more of the sarcastic type ba…I can’t rmb the exact details but I can surely rmb her going: “Your handwriting’s terrible ah…you need to write properly, if nt ‘O’ lvl how?”, ending with sort of a “evil smile” on her face. Ah doi~ but yeah I did heed her advice somehow…I dun want to flunk my ‘O’ lvl Chem ma…in the end, a “B3”…nt bad le. Well, guess 5% of it went to my legible handwriting? Haha~

It’s all in the past now…现在的我再也不把那些放在心上了. You think I’m gonna change after so many times of “embarrassing?” NO~ I didn’t at all! My handwritings does differ from in the past, for the better or the worse I dunno *标准自在人心*…but given my super stubborn character, don’t try to persuade me to write nicer. I write how I want to…haha. Will I regret? No…since I chose it this way, I won’t regret, even with every mistake made along the way. What’s the pt of regretting when u can’t change history, right? Lol~

And yes, I used to avoid the topic on “handwritings” whenever I can in the past. But after hearing too many times from ppl, I started to look carefully into my own words. They have been changing throughout my life…from kindergarden to pri sch to sec sch to poly…regardless of fonts, size etc. Well, I guess what’s most impt is that I can understand my handwritings…why bother the hassle to care about how ppl think, right? But I think since the start of sec 4 or poly days, I started to think of “untidiness” in another context: “artistic”. Lol…some of u might say that I’m trying to “comfort” myself, but NO…I am seriously, totally, wonderfully fine with my handwritings now. I think they look nice… (to me of cos! You can disagree with me) I’m so fine with my handwriting now that I can definitely discuss about this topic openly with anyone. If anyone tries to criticise my handwriting, I’ll either一笑置之or fend for myself if possible…by jokefully saying: “No ah! I think my handwriting is artistic…and ppl can’t imitate them easily. Also, when I write secrets, only a few best friends and me myself can fully understand what it’s all about.”

Coincidentally, both Jenny and Jasmine sort of criticised about my handwriting today. By the way friends, the handwriting they saw of mine already considered neat le leh. I got much more cursive one (some of u might know) they nv see only! Anyway, can reference to one of the “BORING WRITING” photo I posted up in the previous, previous post…that’s somehow considered my “normal” handwriting. *Shld bring my intern journalist notebooks to “scare” them leh haha!* The one I gave Jasmine was full of numbers, maybe cos I write fast so a bit cursive, but seriously, I think the copy full of numbers that she passed me as a guide, looks much more messier.
*Haha…dunno la…maybe her eyes are used to seeing that kind of handwriting. At times, it’s only a matter of time…whether one gets use to sth or not, isn’t it?*
*Somehow, no matter how I write, as long as I cramp my words together, they look super messy. I realise that they seem to change along with my mood too. They say your handwriting reflects ur personality…yes I am such a complicated person I reckon.*

*人总是看到别人的缺点,却忽略了自己的缺点。
人总是看到太多新的缺点,却不去改正旧的缺点。
人总是挑剔新的缺点,却把旧的缺点当成习以为常。
我们不会去正视自己的缺点,却瞧不起别人的缺点,
这恰好是你、我、他的一大缺点。*


Anyway today, I was talking to a customer and I accidentally said to him: “So, what do you want?” Haha~ sounds wrong hor…I was laughing and corrected my meaning with a “sorry” immediately.

*Alvin was like: “Erm…Alvin, ur colleague.” over the phone haha.*

Cos I can’t use the internet, so every morning was like counting down to “half-time” = lunch break. Before that, I washed my fork and spoon in the toilet basin. Just when I was about to wipe the utensils, I accidentally dropped my fork into the murky pail of拖地水…yucks! Anyway, black pepper chicken quite nice. Terrence was eating sunflower seeds and suddenly, he said: “小妹, see I look like parrot hor?” I couldn’t get his joke so I was like “Huh? No ah…u dun look like one.” Aric explained that parrots like to eat sunflower seeds la…then commented that I’m funny cos I didn’t get his joke. *Yes, I can’t get the joke ma…if nt I’d say he look more like Woody Woodpecker LOL! Terrence and I gt age gap oso la haha. *

*SM ah…I can’t get ur jokes at times…they sound like sarcasm to me.*

I was shocked to know that LC’s married lor. What? She doesn’t even look like she’s near 30 le. She got married only on 2nd Feb this yr…met her hubby in another company haha. She’s really pretty in the marriage photo. Anyway, LC’s a very nice person I can feel that. Think I like Quincy and her most now in the office. My office if full of married woman, SM and Jasmine even put their children’s pic as the screensaver. Poor guys there…wonder if they are married as well…if nt it’s really nt easy for them to start “办公室恋情”sia~ Jane and Evelyn nt married but dunno attach a not ma oso. Gd luck to Alex, WH, Chris, Aric, Alvin blah and all other single guys there ah…haha…sculli they all either married or attached oso lol! Anything’s better than being a gay ba. *我没有任何歧视/ 排斥的意思啊!*

*Office ppl was like scolding a person called “Sharon” today (nt me la)…but it feels weird to keep on hearing ur name repeatedly, yet lucky to know that that’s not me they were talking about.*

Comments