Edward Scissorhands 爱德华剪刀手

Was reading Johnny Depp’s info on imdb, HL told me about this movie, Edward Scissorhands (1990). Reviews were great. Oh well, Tim Burton was the director too…gd buddy of Johnny Depp’s.

Never would I’ve imagined I’d be watching such an old movie…then Johnny Depp was only ard 20+yrs old (Yeah I was like only two). 很不像现在的Johnny Depp, the younger him wasn’t as charismatic… Edward’s look even reminded me of Michael Jackson.

Rating: 4.5/5

Haha…so long since I gave movies such a high rating. Why?
简单+单纯+原始=感动。
I don’t know if Johnny Depp did think so as well, but I guess that’s what most audience would agree with. Edward Scissorhands doesn’t exist in real life, but to me, it felt like he does from the movie.

A cosmetic推销员lady误打误撞went up to this so-called “haunted premise” up on the hills and brought Edward Scissorhands down to the neighbourhood, to live with them.

He was a talented and kind-hearted “90% human” (due to the hands). He could change his own clothes, 涂牛油blah…plus helped the neighbours cut hair, did tree and ice sculptures. He made stupid mistakes that made the audience laugh: 刺破“水床”、fainted after drinking “lemonade” (later when he heard the word “lemonade”, he vomited)、scurrying away after a woman tried to“霸王硬上钩”、walked in a “toot-toot” way etc. He nv took ppl’s嘲笑to heart and cared for the ppl he loved.

However, his purity at heart seemed too much, or nt enough for him to be surviving in the human society. Edward trusted easily in anyone, thinking that all ppl were as nice as the lady who收留him. He tried to show care and concern sometimes, but cos of his scissorhands, he tend to hurt himself and others instead…Edward didn’t meant it. That’s why he did some foolish things, when he doesn’t even noe why he did tat, or if they were right or wrong.
For the girl (pretty as Barbie doll) he loved, he got caught by the police for a break-in tat wasn’t his idea.
For the girl he love, 他第一次发了脾气.
For the girl he love, 他雕了最梦幻、精致的冰雕.
And of cos, for her, Edward almost died.
That moment, I was seriously holding my breath, hoping for tat baddie guy to die (Yeh he did!) I liked the part most when the girl said “Hug me.” to Edward…it feels like all tat Edward has done for her was worth it. She love Edward too~ the善良剪刀手.

只可惜, 最后的拥抱和亲吻都不够…最后的那句“再见”决定了一切. The girl became old granny and told her grand-daughter this story. Granny believes that Edward was still alive after many yrs, and the movie showed Edward still doing sculpting during his spare time at home…one of the ice sculptures was the girl he loved, in a prancing state.

Alright, ppl have to wake up from a movie after the show’s over. Johnny Depp’s acting就是到味. No matter how weird the character looked, or how few his lines were in the movie, his一举一动就是会紧紧地扣住你的目光. Others *sorry* seemed to have become secondary beside him. He portrayed Edward well, even我也喜欢上了这个人物…but这种喜欢是可悲的…因为注定没有美好的结局. Haiz…Edward’s destined to be alone.
Last but nt least, thumbs up to Tim Burton and Johnny Depp.


I might re-watch “Edward Scissorhands” again, 2 times, 3, 4, 5 times or more. I believe that my feelings each and every time would be this: 简单+单纯+原始=感动. Even more and deeper each time I reckon.

*好久没有尝试眼泪在眼眶里打滚的炙热感,nt even when watching Sweeney Todd.*

Well, I guess this song lyric might juz as well remind us to be like Edward Scissorhand… find the “pure” you.

安静
安静 请你们陪我聆听
舒服的呼吸 平和的心跳
是否和我一样想找回最单纯的人心
安静 请你们和我闭上眼睛
这时的黑暗可是比色彩更美丽
用我们最纯真的心情去看世界
才能轻易看透人们的个性
CHORUS:
你看到了吗 听到了吗 感觉到了吗
完美的世界 清脆的声音 干净的心灵
你找到了吗 得到了吗 知道了吗
你要的结局 值得拥有的 人们应该是这样的


是这战乱的世界污染了我们
我们却不反抗的让它得逞
现在 请带着你们最赤裸的心情
原始的个性 跟我寻找开始去
(CHORUS)
安静 安静 安静 请你们陪我聆听

*If you don’t know what’s called“好人”or confused about its definition, I strongly recommend you to watch “Edward Scissorhands”.*

Comments