UFM100.3 cooking class + dinner @ Shokudo Jap Coffee House + 第36个故事

*没想到我的学生谈恋爱还喜欢“光明正大”o~*
After tuition with Goklas, took the train down to Orchard to meet LL at Marriot Hotel for UFM100.3's cooking class @ the ballrm @ 3rd flr. Althea and Jess were already there earlier. *Whoa Jess is definitely putting her newly-bought cam to gd use haha.* Each of us paid $15 for the 2hrs session.

There were about 70+ ppl there lor... 95% were auntie la. *Coincidentally, I saw Stella at the table nex to me...* LL and I went out to take tea... I tried the Raspberry and Vanilla tea (w/o caffeine) and with sugar, I tot it tasted nt bad... fruity flavour like wat Jess said. *Oh the tea LL mixed was nice!* Each participant gt a goodie bag too... with Woh Hup sauces... nt bad la~
We learned 3 dishes... man the chef was real fast and honestly, I think my interest in the field of cooking is still lacking somewat... so I din bother to watch every single step he did haha. *我也很想要学~但就是还提不起劲la.*
Anyway, below are the 3 dishes. 1st one is braised prawns served with glass noodles (银丝玉萝虾)... love it! The sauce tasted like curry! *I dun like leek flower usually, but it tasted ok here.* 
2nd one was oven-baked diced sea perch fillet ([石本]仔凤凰[火局]海鲈)... the fish meat was really nice after baking! It was layers and layers of delicacy inside tat bowl haha~
3rd dish was smoked duck rolls (烟鸭烧饼). The sesame on top真是画龙点睛eh! The ingredients might all be minced and mixed up inside, but when u bite the bits and pieces... u can feel them at ur teeth distinctively.
At the end of the class, there was a mini lucky draw whr they gave out diff flavours of sauces. LL went out to make a phone call, and she so heng "dio" the scallop sauce initially, but the host very bad la... seeing tat LL's nt back, he gave it to someone esle!

LL and I went to Cineleisure afterwards, wanting to catch a movie. We gt so many options lor... in the end, either there was no suitable timing, if nt no much choice of seats! *Orchard during wkend is really... aiyoh!* So, we went to have early dinner at Shokudo Japanese Coffee House at lvl 2 of Cine.
 I had the Tori Karrage pasta ($8+)... nt bad o! The fried prawns we shared were ok nia, but the salmon maki roll ($7.80) was great! LL had this somewat "roti prata-liked" fried potatos... and when dipped with curry sauce... tasty! Her pomelo drink was "heavenly" too~ aiyah made me drool!
Costed me a little over 20bucks for the meal.
Then, we walked on to Heeren... nw HMV's no longer there, it's replaced with a new big departmental store called "alt" sth. *many cosmetic stuff there eh*
Walked to Somerset 313 and we went HMV. I gt myself 2 acoustic song CDS ($37.90) cos it was playing in HMV... and I simply couldn't resist the music!
Was struggling to decide if I wanna buy cos it's been long since I bought albums, and having them on CD doesn't help when I listen to my mp3 most of the time instead haha. Then again, the acoustic version of the songs tat I was familiar with was simply amazing! *Guitar and voice alone can make wonderful music! Arghh... my fetish for it.* Saw DBSK's collection of Jap songs de album too... $32.95 I think... tempted but it's a bit too ex... maybe might grab both the A and B side collections in CD-Rama instead.

Chatted quite a bit with LL. I appreciate a friend who is kind and has her own tots. I dunno if I will be able to learn much from her experiences and words, but I sure will rmb them haha. The definition of "beautiful/pretty"... even I am confused by this.
*人,总是要经过了才会懂。*

*生气我自己... 为什么动不动就会发脾气!?*

Caught "第36个故事" at night.
Interesting exchanges in there.
I guess in the end, the sisters exchanged their dream?

Rating: 3.5/5

Comments