全城热恋

*Goklas's mum is adding an extra 10bucks into my monthly tuition fees... kind of不好意思but she said she noes teaching an upper sec student ain't easy, so the addition. Haha... I'm happy though it's nt a big amt.*

After tuition, went for singing lesson at 4pm. Train service was disrutped along the way, so late by 5mins. *Wierd thing was the annoucement SMRT gave was "a delay of 60mins" in which I guess I was lucky it was't the train tat I was on was affected so badly.*
Sang Avril Lavigne's "Sk8er Boi" during lesson. Felix tot the song suited me a lot, and I brought out the attitude of the song. However, he said my voice lacked a "thickness" to the song... as well as a little bit more "grooviness" was needed. Well, I tot I din do too bad cos I was super familiar with the song actualli, juz tat the recording studio was simply too cold... that my teeth were chattering literally lol... so kind of "shaky" when my voice came out I tot. EY tot I could have given it more "punch"... I agree.

Concert rehearsal started at 5pm. Saw Shirlyn here today too... though her song items were nt yet confirmed. Worked on the 1st item of the show... Leann's "Shakira". She's the lead vocal, and the rest of us were supposed to be dancing while she sung.
This is real rehearsing. Nt much stress yet but I can "foresee" it coming soon. *My thighs' aching nw haha. Reminds me of the "post-2.4km-days" omg~* Dance practising, esp mass dancing,真得讲究齐全、一致的美感. Our dance came in the middle of the song, and even though it was oni a simple "stand-up-from-chair-and-turn"... I had trouble with it. I realise I can't turn well! Lol~ I get dizzy after turning... meaning couldn't stand firm the min I finished the turn. Dennis mentioned we had to find a focal pt... but I had prob with tat haha.
Next, EY came up with the 1st bar, then Melissa did the 2nd... so all in all about 8 steps at 1st. I tot I did pretty well with juz these 2 sets~ b4 nex came the sort of "Ma-ke-rae-na" steps by Sylvia. And then with a further "kind-of-complicated-rhythmic-leg-stomping" steps by Dennis, hmm okie la I still managed to catch the beats.
In the end, we were supposed to dance "freestyle" and crowd behind Leann while she's singing. Had to be lively... haha I was behind so doubt anyone can see me lol.
*Break oni at 8+pm... oni had a biscuit for dinner haiz~*
After break, we continued with the rehearsal of the 1st item... we din perfect the moves even till the last run. I even forgot some steps during the dance aiyoh~ and Shirlyn, Mel, SC and I were nt tat gd at “扭腰” la... so Dennis singled us out to practise again lol. *I appreciate tat actualli... gave me more "insights" into "the art of hip shaking"!*
Whole thing ended oni at 10.30pm. I din get to show the “你的微笑”dance I choreographed but maybe nex wk ba haha. And judging by the progress of the concert, and with exams coming (gt to take several leaves for revision), I am considering dropping out of this concert actualli. They can do so much in 1 lesson, and imagine if I missed 5-6lessons... it's a bomb on my part! I would nt have time to catch up with them for the rehearsals most probably (since I dun hav the time personally too due to exams).
Another reason was tat though the concert is set on 7th Aug, it's still nt yet finalised and a delay is possible. I'm flying to Shanghai in the 3rd/4th wk of Aug for INSTEP exchange, so if the concert's delayed... it would mean tat I can't perform ultimately. *Then, all my efforts would really hav gone down the drain.*
鱼与熊掌不能兼得. I'd rather focus on doing one thing, and doing it gd. Right nw, studies's my focus. 演唱会嘛... 就算错过了一时,不代表错过一世.
*Much as I wish to be in this concert, it still boils down to "time". Let's see wat the producers say.*

Caught "全城热恋".

I loved this lame joke in the movie.
Qn: 一个从2楼跳下的人和一个从20楼跳下的人结果有什么不同?
Ans: 2楼的:“砰... 啊~啊.” 20楼的:“啊~啊... 砰!”
Try saying it out... so LOL~

If u still dun get it... here's the "breakdown":
2楼的:“砰 (landed on the grd)... 啊~啊. (in pain)”
20楼的:“啊~ 啊 (yelling while in mid-air)... 砰 (crashed on the grd)!”

Rating: 3.5/5

*Wierd... I'm actualli looking forward more towards wkdays rather than wkends nw.*

Comments