Review: Harry Potter & the Order of the Pheonix

*Gala premiere with no goodie bags, and kinda bad theatre seatings*

I shld be glad I got free tickets to the premiere though. I went with Hl, Alex and his friend.
Our hps were being confiscated...1st time I watch movie got such thing...haha...

Lido 7...the seats were nt levelled...my neck got a bit tired after whole show. I was very sad...cos no goodie bag~ why were there freebies for FF but nt this!? haiz~ *pray my sms-es to those mags be picked upon*

Already the 5th movie, since the 4th movie I started to anticipate for the next. But is it true tat we can't pin too much hopes beforehand? Not that I'm utterly disappointed by the movie, but being a HP novel-reader, naturally, I expected MORE.

One thing I really dislike about the movie is how the director David Yates cut into scenes.. I know it's tough that the book is thick and u have to squeeze everything into a 2 hr + movie, but he made them very CHOPPY. just like the 4th movie.

Ppl, it's good for u to go thru the bk again before the movie to refresh ur memory and for those who didn't know anything about HP before, pls, do bit of research/findings/reading up before u step into the theatre. It's good to know some backgrd knowledge, better than feeling blur during the movie.

The movie is very FOCUSED on Harry Potter. The director was indeed successful in making Harry the lead, while making others lose shine, even Ron and Hermoine. That's the sacrifice, he didn't go deep into the other characters this time round (maybe a bit on Luna since she's new in the movies). Time limit I guess.

The KISS...omg...nth special honestly. In the bk, it was so well explained about Cho Chang's emotion before going into the kiss but I guess since this is a movie, with actors acting out (teenagers, quite unexperienced), it's more diff to bring out the whole feel. To me, Harry and Cho simply kissed out of a sudden..after mumbling some meaningless things. (Mind u, Cho didn't even look like she's supposed to, whereby there are tears covering her whole face etc.) Well, Cho Chang looked even more "normal", no "star-look" to me in this movie.

About Luna, there's a special aura surrounding her I thought...haha...as in she looks like a person "out-of-the-world"... the way she sees and talks. It may be due to her character in the movie, but I thought she portrayed the role wonderfully, good choice for those who've chosen her for the role. Also, I was eagerly hoping to see Luna carrying a torch or sth for Ron (just like wat's written in the bk), and making Hermoine jealous~ lol...but no luck.

Ron and Hermoine, I know that they like each other, well the director revealed quite a nice part of that fact, not too much, not too less. It's obvious to the viewers out there. Ginny, Neville, Draco, Seamus etc didn't stand out at all in this movie. It's like if I didn't care/notice/knew about them, I would've skipped over their parts. However, the Weasley twins were COOL...they added sparks and sparkle to the movie! Just watching them play their way through Hogwarts is enough to make my day in the theatres! HAHA~

Dolores Umbridge? haha... she's totally 100% different from whom I projected the person to look like while I was reading OOTP last time. But her sinister chuckle (smirk) is really irritating at times. Then again, she's got the perfect "sly- fox" look! 笑里藏刀、皮笑肉不笑...it all fits this pinky lady~

Even though I knew Sirius would die, but I'm kinda shocked by the way he dropped dead in this movie...the silence is way too sudden and long~ Harry's sadness for his godfather didn't seemed long enough. Again, time limit. I would love to see more in-depth discussion of the characters in the next movie, though that seems sort of impossible, cos most non-HP book readers would be more interested in the action-packed scenes between Harry & Voldemort. Voldemort wasn't well-pictured in this movie too I thought.

Btw, if you think Harry's gd-looking in this movie, kill me. I prefer Ron over here. He's cute.

Rating: 3.75/5 (If I weren't a bk fan, I would've given it a 4.)

My suggestions: Either movie take away their time limit stupid thing or make HP into a drama serial. Seriously, the latter would mean a lot to fans like me.

Comments