X-Men Origins: Wolverine

*William's words... hmm... made me a little bit stressed. I mean I noe it's some kind of gentle reminder... but let's juz say I'm nt used to it.*

Woke up at ard 11am today. Bro脚抽筋in the morning sia doi. Garrick's tuition today was cancelled cos he was busy preparing for his exams. Met Esther at near 1.30pm at JE MRT station cos she was late... haha... busy dolling herself up. So, we met up with Shirlyn at Aljunied and went to E.A.I together. Dennis started lesson kinda late... at ard 2.45pm ba. Ppl like MZ, Melissa and Hanson did individual presentation today... haha. Dennis was asking ard for volunteer to start the ball rolling but as like usual, no one volunteered. MZ and Terese sorta debated on the topic of“被偷拍”, while Hanson this alien guy was on about how u choose tops. The way he talk super... "alienated lang" lol. Melissa was quite cute la... so high this gal haha. Sadly, Dennis kept on interrupting her... if I were her I would get "dc-ed" oso la lol.
Somehow, I guess ppl in class noes tat Dennis kinda has a higher expectation of me. I'm flattered, but then again a bit more stressed as well. 我不是一个喜欢attention的人, though I noe a host's responsility is to attract ppl's attention lol. Whatever Dennis said about his student and his price when it comes to hosting in public sounds a bit like“天价”to me... higher end of a 3-figure sum for an E.A.I student leh~ woo. Well, if I have the chance to, why nt? But I guess for nw, I'm still "under stage of assessment", nt tat ready to go up yet haha.
Anyway, WT, YL and Evelyn, as well as Terese, ZX and XF formed a 3 ppl hosting grp, and they had to host like a charity show. The earlier grp did better imo, though of cos nt perfect. YL and WT's声量very gd sia, and the way YL talked oso gd. She's nervous, but think cos she's from China, so her grasp of Mandarin is strong. XF did well too haha. Guess Singaporean's mostly lose out on the grasp of langs... but then if it's a bilingual show... then it's our show haha.

WZ, Esther and I din went up today. *I can save my topic up for nex wk le haha.* Terese drove us to Aljunied station... so nice of her haha. 3 of went to Bugis, but WZ left nt long after to meet her sec sch friends. Esther n I had an early dinner at“旺角茶餐厅”. We ordered 2 main dishes, 2 side dishes and 2 drinks leh... a lot haha. I had the sour-spicy noodle I had the 1st time I went there... still as nice. Esther oso ordered the wanton we had last time. This time round... this 2 dishes were new:
Passion fruit tea ($6.90) I ordered... alamak din expect a super big jug sia! Drink until I so full haha.

Spicy fish ball ($6.50)... super nice. The skin's diff from normal ones... dunno how to describe but nice haha.

At night, we caught "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" at Lot 1's cinema.

Oh the last pic is Gambit (Taylor Kitsch)... looks quite suave this way haha.

I love this movie for the tension and action starting from the middle. Wolverine's real name was James Logan, and he lived with his elder bro, Victor Creed, who happens to be "Sabretooth" in the show. James mis-killed his dad since young, and the 2 bros had been living together since. They joined this organisation, with skilful mutants, and embarked on some missions. Logan din liked the innocent killing, or rather how vicious Victor was, so he left the team. Logan stayed with Kayla, a Canadian sch teacher. She told him a story... and that's how he gt the name "Wolverine".

Still, Victor wanted to prove tat he was stronger than Wolverine... so he "killed" his Kayla. Grief came over Wolverine, and he wanted revenge. So, he accepted William's offer of an experiment... to inject adamantium into his body... to sort of become invincible la. It was not until later that Wolverine realised he was a puppet for William... one of his experimental objects... and that Kayla wasn't really dead. William had created "Weapon XI" to kill Wolverine. The fight bet the 2, with Sabretooth's help, was quite exciting... CG was gd. Wolverine won in the end, but lost his memory due to the adamantium bullets fired at him by Wiliam, and Kayla was dead by the end of the show.

Ppl shld watch the scene whrby Wolverine rushed out after the experiment... naked. A pair of old couples saw him and the grandma was like : "I saw a naked body ran across..." or sth like tat haha... so funny.
Daniel Henney was in the show as "Agent Zero", an excellent marksman. Hmm... though ppl say he resembles Daniel Wu, I still think the latter's much more gd-looking haha.

The show's really about Wolverine's past. I tot the whole plot was nice. Loved how the brothers loathed, yet helped each other at the same time... but juz whr did Sabretooth went in the end ah? I understood how the whole "X-Men" thing came about nw haha.


Rating: 3.5/5

Hugh Jackman hosted the 2009 Oscars Awards. He's a real talented actor and host I reckon... he can sing and dance so well somemore! Creative work there. Oh and kudos to Anne Hathaway too... she performed well haha!

Comments