Visit to Alina's childcare centre

Made a visit to the childcare centre which Alina is working at nw. This gal juz graduated from Early Childhood this yr... already started to work perm at the childcare. Gd thing for her, since this is her area of expertise... sth that she likes. *It's really행복if one's work can combine with interest.*

We went Bukit Panjang Plaza to buy some snacks b4 gg to her childcare. 3 of her colleagues and here were back at sch cos they would be having a open house soon, so gt to decorate their sch. I kinda liked the environment when I stepped inside, feels clean.

I've nv really been inside a childcare centre b4, it's my 1st time in there. U really can feel like it's a "kids' place" cos u see labels here and there, helping small kids to recognise things. Back in my times, childcare centres weren't as popular as compared to nowadays. *The lady in red is Alina haha~* Chatted a bit with her colleague Satiah... haha the ppl there were so fun lol.

My paper cutting skill CMI, so I helped Alina to do laminations instead. I oso coloured a cartoon squid tat Alina drew. *This gal is artistic!* It took me more than half an hr to finish colouring one squid leh... somewhr 1.5times my palm size.
It's been super long since I last did colouring... think it was back in sec sch Art class? Haha. Arts (drawing, colouring, painting etc) had all along been my worst academic subject. My poor art skills had been evident since kindergarden! *I still have my PAP Kindergarden result books... Art I only gt like 50+/100 haha!* I tried to recall and I think MAYBE I've only gotten 1 or 2 "A"s in Arts LOL. If nt worse still, none at all~
The most "memorable" incident I had about Arts examination was back in sec 1 or 2, we had to colour our own pictures during mid yr and final yr exams. Throughout that 2 or 2.5hrs, it was really tiring for me. I did my best to colour u noe... though still "half-heartedly" haha. Then, my Chi teacher Mdm Wong stopped beside me. She stood there for a while and I gt nervous somehow. Nex thing I knew was tat she bent down and whispered: "Aiyoh, why you colour gt so many 'white spots' one? Must colour fully/properly... if nt nt nice ah." Omg... that kind of hurts haha.


Guess it's because I'm an impatient person. I dun like to take the time to draw nor paint. Somehow it kills my brain cells more than when u ask me to memorise stuff. *老天极力开发了我的左脑,却好像“封死”了我右脑的百分之七十啊!* Learning languages is somehow "easy-peasy" for me, but when it comes to hands-on Arts... I felt as if my hands are kinda "handicapped" HAHA. Well, I still gt tat 30% usage of right brain cos I think I still have some creativities in my ideas, as in I can very well "visualise" the outcome of sth, but juz can't do it haha. That's y I'm envious of ppl like Alina, Jesslyn and YB... they can do arts well.
*I did tot of doing design course/designing clothes as a career... I made the right choice by nt choosing this path LOL!*

Comments

Snowman said…
Yes sure do keep on visiting haha!