Singing assessment

*Hungry like siao nw~*

After tuition with Garrick, met up with Esther at MRT and we went down to E.A.I together. Today lesson starts early... we were all supposed to reach by 2.30pm. Alvin himself late la lol. Shirlyn met up with us too cos she has her TVC lesson at 2.30pm oso. Saw Daniel again today... whoa dye hair liao... definitely looks even better nw haha.

*I want the checkered long pants I saw at This Fashion!*

Went into the small classrm, Hanson and LL were already practising there. I went ard telling ppl when their item was haha. Soon, all of us were gathering in the small classrm. Dennis came in and started talking to us. Asked to see the programme list. Went thru some of it, and then asked me and Esther how would we be hosting lol. Then, he asked who wants to go towards hosting? Singing? Dancing etc. I din raise my hand for all... haha actualli hosting n singing for me ba haha. He talked for like 1hr+, then I showed Esther my watch.... already 3.15pm. Dennis saw and then said sth like dun need gan jeong, cos the programme starts at 4.30pm. We all stunned lo... tot 3.30pm. Anyway, since the moment he came in... I gt "a bit of pressure" haha~ cos he said today is an assessment, nt juz casual singing... it was like a "mini test", put it tat way.


Whole thing started at nearly 5pm. At 1st tot we were supposed to use the recording studio... yet no. In the end, is the dance studio. Juz when I tot we'd be using the normal small stage... one of the producers suddenly said: “是整个舞蹈室。你以为是这块‘小豆干’吗?” Lol. Esther and I were the emcees for the day. Gt like more than 10producers watching our performances today... alamak... no students except Shirlyn and one more gal ba haha. *1 of the guy producer looks so young la... tell me gt 2kid le faint~ juz like Eddie ba haha.* Alvin was doing the vid recording. Hmm... I tot hosting today wasn't as gd as compared to the past 2 I had... maybe cos diff grp of audience ba haha. Hmm... my临场反应wasn't gd haha... but I think I did my part as a host le la. Esther was gd at配合-ing oso, thks haha.

Nw my tots on my classmates performance:
1. First was Simon. He did a gd start I tot... his rendition of“大城小爱”was nice.
2. CK and XF sung“如果的事”. At 1st the sound equipment gt prob, and they拖拍... so they asked to sing a 2nd time. After their 2nd time, the 3rd item went on. After tat, Dennis (I was surprised he was so lenient) wanted me to let CK and XF in again for a 3rd rendition. CK told me she dun want sing le, then said if could change to last item... but being given a 3rd chance... shldn't they juz grab it? 3rd time ah... it's their prob le.又在拖拍、拖累彼此. If I were them, I'd be angry with myself if I'm to blame. But I a bit dun understand la... they live together leh? Can't take the time out to practise? Seriously, I'm kinda pissed with CK's attitude during our discussion after the performance. I noe she's angry with herself... she din have to tell the whole world "I'm angry." I mean... a performer, 24yrs old this yr... can't even show some EQ haiz. Pity XF somehow... I would feel so "no face" having a childish partner like CK.
3. ZX and ZL were the 3rd ones. Haha... we all noe they are bad with beats. But those producers were nice ppl... they all did the "beat" for both of them haha... so cute.
4. Evelyn and Melissa sung Wonder Girls' "Saying I Love You". Evelyn's voice is thick and powerful... so sorta "covered" Evelyn's high pitched vocals a little. Still, their blending together was nice on the ears... haha even though I dunno understand wat they were singing hehe.

5. Hanson and LL's dance... very short ah... 1+mins nia ba. Terese at 1st临时joined in one... then halfway she nt feeling well... so went home. I din really watch... cos the nex item was mine haha.
6. Standing on stage as a singer and host very diff de feel ah. Hosting is difficult as in u have to“照顾”ur audience every nw and then. But singer... u can "be in ur own world" if u want to haha. I sang Joanna's“迷宫”... kinda comfortable... din forget my lyrics... except for last 2 chorus I sang all the same haha... forgot it's 2 diff verse... the lyrics juz came so naturally haha. Oh and one part, I almost进错拍but heng ah... I heard the beat juz in time to stop myself from singing lol.

7. Lara and Christine... they were very cute when introducing themselves as "SG's Twins" lol.
8. Shirley sang“记事本”... whoa again... her投入感a lot... sad leh the way she sung haha.
9. MZ's“离开地球表面”... high ah! All the producers were moving to the music lor haha. But later Dennis commented that his vocal very gd... juz his body movements and face expression doesn't look "very high" when he sung the song haha. I like his voice oso... nice on tat rock song!


All of us took a 5mins break. Then, had a meeting with the producers. Dennis talked 1st... he mentioned Evelyn and Melissa 1st... saying their duet was nice. I agree... best among all duets haha. Then he mention me lol~ He said I'm a clever singer haha~ *over the moon lol~* He said:“她的歌声有一定的感染力。这首歌(迷宫)是个没有什么起伏的歌曲。但是她在诠释的时候 *here is sth about I gt感情in singing la*。” *OMG finally gt ppl say I sing song gt feel le~ and by Dennis haha... somehow kinda happy la hehe!* Gt producers commented on all of our dressing and make-up blah... I admit these 2 areas... I "fail" la ok haha. Then, one producer said about our hosting. He tot there's "head and tail" but felt sth lacking in the middle...no“梗”ah haha... k I agree but I tot Esther and I could come up with our scripts in 2+hrs... nt bad le haha. Oh... he said my mandarin prounciation was gd hehe. I tot my voice sounded kinda“舒服”on the ears thru the mic too lol. Of cos gt comments on others but I dun exactly rmb le. Anyway, Alvin said he would put the vid on youtube (dunno he kidding ma)... shall get from him someday.

So fast... after 7mths of vocal lesson with Alvin... I din expect last wk to be the last lesson la! Starting 2nd may, we would be gg over to Dennis's“舞台表演课”already! Sian... suddenly think I would miss Alvin's lesson haha. *Poor WZ... the moment she comes back... already start new course le lol.*

Went singing at Cuppage Plaza's Cashbox with Shirlyn and Esther. 1st time I go singing with Shirlyn in Karaoke... she can be so high one lor haha. But, I din like the sound system nor mic... too loud... and the mic dun suit me... "sucks" my voice in one haha. Like tat 3hrs... each person $24.

*My hp buttons gt prob le cham~ very impt buttons somemore~*

Comments