Snow Prince + dinner @ Waraku

Had lunch with Regina, Lynette, Jess and LL today. Funny Regina was sharing her exp on guys' shopping... then LL shared her exp as well *Her bro's such a "chaueffeur" lor!*. Then, Regina talked about her tuition exp when she was schooling last time too... sounded a bit "scary" though haha.

*Clever of me to continue with "Breaking Dawn" in office haha~*

After work, took MRT down to Somerset and I went Cine Cathay to get the tickets I booked for the movie "Snow Prince" at 7.15pm. PL rushed to meet me after her work too~ haha. *“打抢”leh~* Poor gal din even hav time to buy dinner in... when I had cup corn haha.

So, we caught "Snow Prince" in a super cold theatre!
*I can't believe I can't find gd quality images of this movie~ shucks!*
The pic above is tat of the 13-yr old male lead, Shintaro Morimoto in the movie... young and gd-looking boy.
I was kind of wrong when I tot this movie is about dogs... well apparently not. *Chibi's oni a "side-kick" there haha.* It's more on the青梅竹马的初恋bet. young Sota and Sayo, as well as hw Sota struggled thruout his poor life... and his persistence in drawing.
不喜欢电影里的一些镜头的切换,太突然了。这多少影响了观众情绪的连贯性,流露的感情因此不能彻底。
但整体对我来说,这是一部剧情平淡的片子。The emotions portrayed somehw wasn't crazy; wasn't forceful, yet the impact was more than expected. *I don't deny the fact that I actualli tot the movie was a little draggy in the middle.*

PL said she was crying at a few parts... touched. 
I was touched too... in 3 scenes I think...
第一幕:Soya哭着叫Sota醒来的一幕。。。大雪狂飞,很凄凉。
第二幕:后来的老奶奶还收着Sota送她的“夜景”画,然后她弹起钢琴回忆已经逝去的纯真的爱恋。
第三幕:This was the one I felt most about... Sota的爷爷在知道Sota的工钱被小偷偷走后,他说了智者会说的话:“。。。这说明了那个人比我们还需要钱。” I dunno hw many of u would find this funny, but after I read the subtitles (movie is in Japanese), that instant feel of admiration for the grandpa "popped" in me. They are already very poor themselves, yet grandpa could still think of others... I'm touched.

Rating: 3.5/5

Found the MV in which Shintaro Morimoto, together with 10 other boys aged 8-13 yrs old ("Snow Prince Band") shot for this movie, and the theme song is "Snow Prince Gasshoudan"... sung by them as well.
It's heart-warming, and I reckon Shintaro Morimoto looks the best among all... and anyway, this MV gives me the pri sch choir feel lol. *OMG... hw young can artistes get nowadays sia!? Is this exploitation? I mean... I think most of them are still nt mature enough to handle showbiz.*

After the show, PL and I went Waraku at Heeren for dinner. *Ironic... it's always Waraku for dinner when I go out with PL haha~* We had our usual pasta (which I'm soon getting sick of~ haha... very full so we couldn't finish), and we shared a regular-sized coe rod and potato skinny pizza~
I loved this! Esp the pototo and coe rod sauce... super duper delicious!
We chatted quite a lot, regarding our近况... hw my life is at NCSS nw, and hw she was busy with her game coordinator work since last 2wks till today, which is her last day of work haha. *Feels gd to meet up once in a while.*
This gal ah... treated me to dinner again! *So paiseh her treat all the while...* So then I decided I shld be a "good boss" to my "secretary", lest she runs away to another company... I gave her her very belated 21st bday presents + movie treat hehe~ hope PL likes though!

It's basically a hairband (that reminds me a lot of her hairstyle~), a heart-shaped key necklace and a small handbag.

*Shall check my exam results in office on thurs. Good luck!*

Comments