Emcee-ed for William & Melinda's wedding~

It's 15th May 10... and I guess this is quite a day tat I'd been preparing for the past few days haha... *Lol... nt my wedding yet hehe~* Been reading thru the script since thurs night... so tat I could get myself all prep up as the emcee for William and Melinda's wedding!
*1st time I包红包at wedding lor lol~*
*Make-up indeed takes time... but gt to say, I'm rather poor at it haha.*
Met up with QW at Orchard MRT at ard 4.30pm cos this gal's having big big prob walking fast with her high heels and tight skirt tailored made by her mum haha. We took bus174 from Orchard exit B, and reached Traders Hotel in like 3 stops haha.

William wasn't there yet when we reached Temasek ballrm. So, both of us went to the washroom and QW did some of her make-ups there. When we saw William, he was clad in tee and short pants la haha... which wasn't wat I'd expected lol. *Oh my he changed hairstyle and wore a silver earring on his left ear... gd-looking groom neh... looks like the younger version of Gary Cao haha.* 3 of us sat down and roughly discussed the rundown of the programme with the banquet manager and his assistant coordinator.
Then, William went up to do his make-up, whilst QW and I practised our speech, and we did the mic test, and researsal onstage too. It was a pretty short one though, nt very正式. William came down and chatted with us after he gt changed into his suit... about hw he was gg broke after all this wedding stuff... and hw he's gg on honeymoon after this. *"Broke lad" lol~ lucky most ppl oni get marrried once in their life hor? Lol.* We walked ard here and there, and I took some photos...
It was almost a 2hrs of walking ard until 8pm... we were chatting with QW's colleagues (my ex-colleagues) from OOCL... Ronnie, Alice, Evelyn, Mr Chua, Stella, Jeanine and her husband. OOCl's big boss, Mr Chan was there too. QW and I shared a table with Jeanine they all... some others whom I din noe but were oso from diff shipping companies. Oh yeah, QW and I browsed thru William and his wife's wedding shoots too... whoa sey really high class one lor... very "commercial-like"... his wife reminds me of one of this cute petite FM933 DJ... but Melinda's more“大器”I felt. I liked one of Melinda's gown there... like those Greek design... off-shoulder... pretty! And William ah? He macham "emo" in the photos... contrast to his wife who's all bubbly haha.
*"Baby NichKhun" is very popular among the adults o... omg his pupils are like so deep and large la~*

*I'm nt nervous... 但我天性就是急性子la lol.*
Well, it's a norm for ppl to arrive at late for Chi wedding banquets... I'm nt surprised even though the invitation already stated the dinner would commence at 7.30pm. *Wedding's like few of the times u see Sg ppl dress up nice nice one lol~*
QW 1st made an announcement for the guest to be sitted at 8.15pm... but since there's only like 70% of seats filled, we waited till 8.25pm b4 making another announcement tat the dinner would start in 5mins haha.
Omg the whole emcee-ing started like instantly at 8.30pm, after the banquet manager gave the cue. *Haha... the cam person asked me to cue him too... so he can start filming lol.* And when QW started to speak, the cam's bright light was like right at my face... glaring sia lol. Oh btw, QW's in charge of the eng lang while I did the mandarin one hehe.  
The 1st thing I was real glad about was tat I gt the names right! *Groom and bride's parents haha~* 念名字有时候很拗口呢~ Hmm... there were basically 3 segments for us emcees, and the 1st one was rather short... basically intro William and Melinda's childhood and love life vid, as well as welcome them into the rm.
*QW's mic kinda soft leh... lucky I'm nt the one using hers... cos my natural voice is already rather soft.*
After tat, we went to our table and ate the 1st dish... I liked the octopus~ And then, there was the real nice sharkfins soup with my fav金针菇in it, nice nice prawns and braised chicken meat.
William and his wife left to change into their 2nd outfits. QW and I gt up the stage and went into the 2nd segment. Lol leh... I guess cos I ate some food, then digestion took place all wat... my brain gt a bit "emptied", so I somehw forgt to say some lines prepared... and shortened it automatically on the spot haha. Oh and it was a bit messy during the "Yum Seng part... I tot William's bros would be enthu la... yet lol... but his relatives were up there though. Passed one of the mic to his relative, and so I din hav any mic in hand, had to rely on QW to help speak the rest of my lines lol. *QW saved me at 1pt man... cos I actualli forgt the成语s I had to say b4 the 1st Yum Seng... so she continued for me lol!* And gosh the champagne smells so strong of alcohol neh~ oh plus my mouth was literally trembling while we did "Yum Seng" onstage... dunno y neh... but hopefully the cam din catch me at such a time haha.
Then, it was time for William's speech... and he instantly walked to the side of the stage, so QW pulled me to the other side right away. Erm but I tot wedding couples shld be like the centre of the attention ah... so even b4 I pulled the couple back, some1 downstage had already cue for them to stand in the middle, and so QW and I hurriedly walked back to our original places again... gosh tat was like hectic lol. *Thks ah Mr William... he thanked QW and me like umpteen times le... still did so in his speech haha.* 

Went back to continue eating haha... and I think I liked the海参. Too full actualli... to eat much... maybe cos I'm doing emcee-ing too... nt really in the mood to eat. *This is me, it's hard for me to "multi-task" haha.* Evelyn they all kept on asking QW over for little chats... and she kept on asking QW and I whenever we left our table to go upstage:“要开工了huh?” LOL.
During the last dish, we simply went up and say a line of thks to the guests who went to the wedding banquet. Again, the sound from the mic was really soft this time round... dang I guess the sound engineer who juz rushed back from Dubai haven recover from his "jet-lag" ba... sound system wasnt very gd I tot. *The music almost drowned QW and my voice completely.*
All right! My 1st time hosting a wedding banquet... overall an enjoyable exp though I was rather nervous throughout haha. Glad to hear compliments from ppl, so even though QW and I both tot we din do as expected, still we did our best "to keep the situation under our control" lol. *一把好嗓子是司仪必备的武器之一哦!* One thing I tot I could hav improved on is maybe nt looking tat often in my cue cards la... though we tend to rely on it somehw lol. *收到多少的“红包钱”只是心意。只要不嫌弃我们的“服务”,并给予鼓励,我觉得目前来说,我已经很感激了!*

The wedding dinner ended ard 10.30pm. Evelyn drove Alice, Ronnie, Mr Chua, QW and I. Alice and Mr Chua alighted, and Ronnie, QW and I were the last to drop off at Redhill. Took a cab, and it's a "free ride" since QW's gonna claim it from their company haha. *Funny Ronnie... he was teaching the taxi driver the directions... hw and whr to drive neh lol~*
Reached home ard 11.30pm. I really liked the little souvenir given haha... cos there's a cute Japanese couple print on the small cup.
Shall wait to get the official photos and vid from William after he comes back from his honeymoon ba!

Comments