Concert?

Went for singing lesson alone today... WZ, WK, ZL and ZX all din turn up... I was the only one. Honestly, was feeling kinda bored... until I sat on the train... ah long journey haha.

Since I was the only student, Felix asked me to join Alvin's class. Did a little of pitching again, and sang a little. I brought my minus one and lyrics to class, cos intuition told me I might be called up for audition this wk... and yeah Felix told me to go for it.
There were like 7-8 producers ba... I oso nt very sure cos some of them were behind me, while some were in charge of the sounds and blah. Saw Evelyn, Melissa and Shirley whom I haven met in a long time haha. I'm still coughing bit by bit today, so I guessed that affected my voice somehw. And gosh... I dunno if anyone notices... I've all along been super nervous when singing in front of ppl! My voice sounds kinda“脆”today... as if it's gonna split anytime. I sang“假装”1st, but the producers tot I couldn't even reach the low notes in front, so switched to“迷宫”. I think my singing of this song last time has left a deep impression on them le la... Dennis was in fact asking me to sing this song right from the start when I went up. Oh well, I heard the producers behind me saying "Eh... this song she can reach the low notes eh." LOL~ are the low notes in“迷宫”lower than those in“假装”? Maybe... but I think it's the way I sing. I noe clearly I am using diff singing techniques when I sing both songs. Hehe... again maybe when the song is a more relax one, I would automatically "relax" my vocals when I sing... and that's y I could reach the low notes easier ba? Then, Dennis began talking about the use of diff mics, and how sound engineers use equalisers to do diff mic settings to suit diff ppl's voice.

Hmm... dunno wat to say about Dennis's "praises" though. I dunno but somehw the more he sings about them, the more pressurised I feel. I mean... he only saw me host once with Esther... I dunno but I dun think that proves tat my MC ability is "tat gd". And as for my singing, he said I din give my 100% today... only half cos I'm sick. He's correct partly, and partly it was cos I was real nervous. I mean all the ppl who went for audition today are already the confirmed ones whom will be in the coming up concert. I haven really performed b4 neh... naturally I'm kind of nervous about this. Felix mentioned that the concert's date isn't fixed as yet, but prob Apr/May... or Jun/Jul. I hope it's the latter, cos I would hav finished my exams by then and could focus on the rehearsals. I mean yeah I agree tat artistes at E.A.I would hav waited long for the opportunity to go on stage... but I really dun want it to clash with my studies. *I can't imagine having to prepare for songs and dances, or even mcee-ing in the midst of exams. I will definitely prioritise my studies.*

So nw, “迷宫”is the 1st confirmed song tat I would be performing at the concert. As for the host, at 1st Dennis said he would pair me up with a guy (can't rmb his name), but then later he opened the position to the flr. Many of them were interested in hosting too. *Fair enough this way... the best man shall get the job haha.* Gt to find fast tempo songs for the last audition nex Sat. I already hav some in mind... hopefully I dun screw up again. Oh and I muz prepare le this time round... cos I din prepare for today's... and thus跑拍when I was singing haha.

Audition dragged till 9.30pm. Shirley and I were too hungry, so we went to the petrol station nearby (during the 10mins break) and gt some pies from CHEERS store haha. She's a real generous person... treated me to the pies again. It's nt the 1st time she's treating me... and I'm always saying I want to treat her the nex time... but seems like it nv realises haha. Caught up with her a bit and gt to noe tat she's living with her bf nw~ alamak they were together for 1+yr le ba... din noe sia haha. I like chatting with her... she sounds kinda“单纯”sometimes, but taught me some things at other times.
Shirley drove Melissa and I to Paya Lebar MRT station b4 she headed home. Melissa was hungry, so she bought a drink from Mr.Bean and we sat down nearby to chat. Mostly about our lessons there and her "dream" and how she goes about realising it slowly. I can see the determination in her... admire her for it. I mean she really works for wat she wants, nt juz simply saying.
*Me? We share diff dreams I reckon... singing is sth that would most likely only be a hobby in my life ba? If nt, I would let it be my "part-time job" at most lol.*


Re-watched this performance by 2PM... dancing to Black Eye Peas's "Bom Bom Pow". Very manly ah~ and I liked Taecyeon's rap and Junsu's voice in the song... nice even though it's pre-recorded.

Comments