Countdown dinner @ YB's house + 2010's resolution

31st Dec 2009, Thursday, last day of 2009:
Woke up at 12+pm, saw Ben's sms haha. Mum went out with aunt and uncle... would be back only tml... so basically, she's跨年-ing in Indonesia!? Haha. Bro went out with his friends, to diff countdown parties I think. As for me, I went YB's house at ard 3+pm... was browsing this online tee shop with YB and Ben. Both of them and James were kinda "into" buying tees from tat website. I guess I already hav many tees to start with, so those USD10 tee (though kind of cheap as it is and some designs were cool) din really "tempted" me to buy them haha.

*YB's dad joked said I needed to go to her house every 2 mths as "orientation" when I couldn't find whr to pour water in their kitchen lol~*

Started playing mahjong in the evening... 3 of us. YB's dad was the "advisor"... gg ard giving advices to us haha. Cos it's the 1st time I play with“台”... so kinda blur... but okie la... I gt the hang of it le nw. *I dun play $, so alright haha~ Well if money's involved, tat will force me to think when playing ba lol.* ZL, Michelle and TW came soon after. Dinner was cooked up by YB's dad... oh my god... din hav my fav drink but I loved the chicken meat a lot~ hehe. Everything tasted great... uncle and auntie were great cooks haha! *I reckon most ppl's parents, esp mums are... including mine!*

YB's relatives came too... and all of us were enjoying the sumptuous dishes. Soon, YB, Michelle, Ben and I were playing at one table, while her dad, uncle, TW and mum were playing at another table. The only diff being tat they played with money too haha.I dun play money when playing mahjong... cos I'm nt confident enough with my skills honestly haha. And I'm seriously lazy to think like watever strategies to use to win/make myself win more $. I guess I enjoy this more as an entertainment/leisure activity, rather than really gambling. If I were to play mahjong as in "gambling" (meaning play with money), it most probably means tat either I'm confident enough with my mahjong skills or I'm feeling rich haha.
Played with Francis, ZL and Ben at night... haha. There was one game when no one won... ZL's cards were kinda pretty lor... a pity din win haha. Another time was... an interception by me haha. Ben and I played till 11.30pm, and we went home.


1st Jan 2010, Friday, 1st day of 2010:
Here I am, blogging my new yr resolution. I din hav the habit of coming up with new yr resolution until I had this blog haha.
YB did a photo collage on her blog tat featured her wonderful memories of 2009.
我不会Photoshop, 也找不到一张具有代表性的照片来概括我的2009年。我自认是一个比较“文字”的人,所以还是用写的比较合适哈哈。2009... was a yr of ups and downs... for me. 身边发生了太多、太多。The happy thing is tat I gt into NTU... and this was my new yr resolution for 2009 haha.

I rmbed MJ asked me at Raymond's wedding “姐,你有过人生的低潮期吗?”
Yes, I did. In fact, I shld hav told some friends b4. Since poly graduation in 2008, 加上经济的不景气,我的人生好像失去了方向。The main reason was tat I din get into NTU in 2008, and was working temp jobs here and there. I din noe wat I wanted in life. Was it studies? Was it work? No ans. I was even afraid to apply into NTU/NUS the 2nd time... for fear tat I might fail again. I knew I wanted to major in Chi cos I had no interest in other courses available in these 2 unis. To me, no interest = no reason to aspire. Private unis and those overseas were once my considerations too... but I knew I couldn't cope with life overseas for sure... my family isn't well-off financially. 
Yes, the LKS Scholarship came at a great time. Come to think of it, I'm real glad tat I gt it. It's quite a huge financial burden off my shoulder. *I knew I couldn't keep on relying on dad/mum for my sch fees. I had to repay my poly sch fees nw too... on a monthly basis.* Thks to WZ, I wouldn't know about this scholarship if nt for her haha. And of cos, the panel of interviewers who gave me a chance to go into uni. *Cos I dunno how poor I would get if I had to loan from bank again for my 4yrs of uni fees. 我不想一辈子都背负着“巨债”哈哈~* And since my responsibility nw is to study and get gd results, I'd work hard to achieve it. 很开心这么多“恩人”在人生的道路上指引并帮助了我,我人生的很多机会都是别人给的,所以要珍惜;所以不能让别人失望、也不让任何人瞧不起。
顺利地上了大学,应该可以说是走出了那段“颠沛流离”的低潮期lol.

Talked about responsibility, nw it's time to share my dream. I guess everyone has some forms of goals in life tat they wish to accomplish/achieve. 我当然是希望能够“学以致用”,利用自己的强项在未来“发光、发亮”哈哈。。。能有所成就吧. Well... let my dream be my new yr resolution ba!
New yr resolution 2010: Let my talents be seen and recognised... and let money come rolling into my pocket in return HAHA!

A lyric tat I came up with some time ago, an Eng lyric to the Korean song "인사" sung by Hero/DBSK/이연희... and with this, ends my post. *"talent" hehe~*

Fly away, my love
Standing alone now
The night is quiet
Closing my eyes
I’m holding on

No more whispers now
I’m getting colder
I thought I love you
right here

Beautiful smile you gave
The only star I gaze
Been through the darkest
Why not the time

Do I even realise
I just lost
you and everything
you and everything
CHORUS:
Fly away
Fly away love
Oooh~
Fly away
Fly away love

Fly away
Fly away love
Let me miss
That someone who’s left my life

Good Bye

Comments