The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

Early morning went JE market with mum... 7.30am woke up.
Had chicken rice for breakfast... damn shiok to eat it on the spot, compared to take-aways. Oh, I realised I lost my hp strap (those kind of alphabets one) after eating. I went back to the seat I was at but couldn't find it anywhr ard. Well, I tot it was oni SGD 3bucks and since lots of crystal on it has already dropped... I was ready to give the finding a miss, really.
Went to buy bread for breakfast tml morning, then mum went on to this clothes shop. While she was looking at clothes, sth "sparkling" on the fld caught by eye. It was my hp accessory! God... there's was this Indian uncle sweeping the floor next to us, so I assume he helped swept my accessory till the place whr we were at haha! *Things would "pop" up when u have already given up hope on it lol.*

*Glad that it's all resolved bet u and him haha.*
Met PH at Lakeside control at 2.15pm. We took train down to Harbourfront to meet SY. 3 of us haven met up since Fish & Co dinner. We went Haagen Diazz... cos PH gt 10bucks voucher. *Ppl, ice-cream's "made of gold" over there k!* We ordered 3 scoops of ice-cream: Mango Sorbet, Tiramisu and Rum and Raisin, plus a waffles with Maple sauce on it. Another 3 glasses of ice water. Tiramisu and Rum and Raisin tastes nice, but mango sorbet was "diabetically sweet" lol! Guess how much this meal caused? Ard 45bucks in all. Omg... we had to pay an extra of 5bucks each man~

Anyway, "eating" trip today haha. We went on to basement to look for "small food". I intro them to the chicken stick from Dong Dae Mun and they love it haha. PH suggested trying Toast Box, but we didn't. 3 of us then planned to catch "Mummy 3 together", so walked all the way to GV counter to check tickets. Couldn't get a suitable timeslot, so we went to Subway, intending to have dinner.
Sadly, Subway's full. We walked to Banquet and sat down. Chatted for like 20+mins... still haven gt the urge to eat anything even lol. PH and I suddenly talked about wanting to watch "Mummy 3", but SY couldn't join us cos she had to leave early. In the end, 3 of us went all the way to GV counter again... 2 of us gt the 10bucks tickets for the 6.55pm slot at GV Max.

The other 2 didn't mind eating pastamania, so we *again* walked the way to Pastamania at Harbourfront Centre. I ate the Marinara again, while the other 2 had Chicken pizza. The pasta this time round nt as "sauce-y", nt that nice I tot. Pizza was so-so. After dinner, SY had to leave. The 2 of us went for our movie of the day: "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor".
*Though it's been that much of walking, the on and on about life still kept 3 of us busy haha. Nice.*
Well, first and foremost, I haven't caught part 1 and 2 of the movie, so I won't be comparing the 3rd with the previous 2.
I'm so nt used to seeing Jet Li as a baddie in a film, really haha. But he makes quite a good looking Emperor Qin I tot lol. I liked his fighting scene with Michelle Yeoh.
Brendan Fraser looks young... he could act as brothers with the guy acting as his son Alex in the show! Maria Bello is one tough woman sia. Michelle Yeoh is fantastic (but her Mandarin sounds a little awkward), whilst Isabella does look a bit like another Hong Kong actress on-screen. Her English is fluent ah. Anthony Wong Chau-Sang is in the show too!

Nt too much "romantism" in the show, it was really all about "mummies". The adventure of gg after mummies haha. I admit I was kinda timid la... one scene whr the head fell down... I didn't dare to watch. The "resurrected" Emperor Qin's face looks a bit "yucky" at 1st but it all gt fine later. *Hey, I was right down at the 2nd role... so imagine the big face looking down at me!*
During the Qin dynasty, Emperor Qin wished to attain immortality, so he seeks to see the witch. He was stunned by Zi Juan's beauty instead. Zi Juan fell in love with General Ming, the emperor's buddy, instead. Emperor Qin killed General Ming, but Zi Juan has already put a curse on him beforehand, and he was "mummified" (dunno gt this word mah lol).
Years later, Alex O'Connell, son of Rick O'Connell, discovered the tomb of Emperor Qin. Some baddie soldiers helped him to revive. The revived mummy gt all powers of the five elements... that made him kinda invincible. And he wanted to conquer the world once again in the 20th century. That began the adventure of Rick and his family, plus Zi Juan and Lin, in the fight against Emperor Qin.
I loved how the skeletons fought the Qin armies... *"your head's here!"* LOL. The animations were cool.
Erm, SFX was a bit too loud though... PH and I almost went deaf haha.
However in terms of adventure, I would say "Indiana Jones" was better. Still, I'm looking forward to Brendan Fraser's "Journey to the Center of the Earth". The trailer looks damn exciting.

Rating: 3.25/5

*Sorry, didn't meant it. Too stubborn on my part.*

Comments