经一事,长一智

人,是在慢慢地学习后,才渐渐成长的。
This week at work... was a tough one. My job has to be done on the day itself, so I did many OTs. I'm slow, as a beginner. Even with Madia helping me, I still gt to do OTs. The vouchers come in at diff times everyday...they can even come in at 5+pm! I'm nt blaming anyone, but my station.
Introducing my job scope for a day:
1. Early in the morning, get back all 3-4 batches of vouchers from the officers that I gave them the previous day (If I didn't give on the day before, give it to them in person in the mornings). Oh yeah, this depends on wat time the officers give back to u oso. If they give late, then I am shit.
2. Check that the officers cancelled signatures properly.
3. Count the number of vouchers I did ysd.
4. Differentiate them according to diff types, and count again. Make sure they tally with the no. of doc count I printed the day before.
5. Let supervisor signed the voucher sheet, summaries, envelopes and doc count paper.
6. Put everything in envelope and sent out to another department... before 12pm everyday. If nt, they gonna blacklist u if u are always late in handing in.
7. Finished step 6, time to submit my timesheet.xls online. Got to write down what I did ysd and how many hrs I spent on doing sth, including toilet breaks lol. Btw, the com is slow so it takes about 15mins to finish tat.
8. In the meanwhile throughout the whole day, I've to answer calls regarding sales orders that come in (nt a lot la). Take down their orders while I'm doing vouchers. It's difficult cos sometimes the computer runs so fast and I have to keep my eyes on the com to take down the numbers for each voucher. Talking on the phone means missing the numbers, and I've to go back and check later.
9. Before letting the com run auto for the vouchers, I gt to make sure I've both the soft and hard copies of the vouchers... double check to make sure the amts, dates and all info are correct. Takes time to do so. If the makers haven't send me the soft/hard copies, gt to "rush them"... so paiseh.
Anyway, it's written on my side that last copy of voucher muz reach me by 3.30pm. But honestly, this is nt a muz.
10. For those vouchers that can't be run automatically by com, I would have to enter them manually. Another round of work.
11. Sometimes, some amts exceed a certain limit n u can't run them normally. They would need approvals.
12. Loans and Cashier's orders (cheques) come in at anytime. I gt to finish cashier's orders (manual enter) asap, so as to return the printed cheques to the officer. In turn, they would return to me the paper attached to the cheque, so I can send them for cancellation at the end of the day.
13. By 3pm, I gt to make sure timesheets are submitted in.
14. By 3.30pm, orders are supposed to be faxed and/or sent out.
15. By the time I finished the vouchers, it can be as late as 5pm.
16. Loans are left. I gt to enter the stack of 10-20 orders manually. Again, need to send them for cancellations at the end of the day.
17. After finishin everything, always check "net balance = 0" If there's any diff in debit and credit amt, then I'm shit, again.
18. Print out the doc count paper at the end for both computers.
19. Make sure the officers are in before I can give them my vouchers. Usually they are gone by 6pm, which means I have to keep the vouchers till tml morning then can give them.
.
..
...
20. DEADBEAT.
Plus, I have to distirbution huge stacks of reports if another colleague isn't here. Gt to cover her job... and doing that takes me like 2-3hrs to finish in the morning. Yes, my supervisor told me I can ask for help from colleagues, but they gt their own jobs to do. I can't possibly push everything, everytime to them. Paiseh leh.
.
..
...
Nw u noe why I do a lot of OTs?
Nw u noe why I don't even have the time to use the net during work or listen to songs? Haha!
Nw u noe noe why I'm vomitting all my "bitter water" here? (cos this is the place I feel like doing so)

*I guess it's all retribution... I slacked too much in my previous job le haha!*
This is nt my year... almost everything's so nt gg smooth for me and my family.

And the bad thing is about resigning.
Madia's leaving and that leaves me, the only one, who noes how to do my job. Joyce can cover for me when I'm on MC, but it's nt very gd u see. She has her own things to do.
Worse, I'm having sore eyes nw. Can't work nex Mon and Madia has taken leave. Who can do my job? My supervisor would ask Madia to go back to work. And she tells me she has to do checkup. What nw?

我的肩上扛着太重的责任感了。有责任感好,也不好。
就因为同事的人还算不错,对我也没有不好,所以我犹豫。
就因为冲动签下了那张合约,害得我连要辞职都要担心赔偿的问题。
就因为要求太多、考虑过多,所以突然后悔那些错过:我错过了适合我的,还硬是要找不适合我的。

Other than all these, basically I haven't made gd friends there. They are all "hi-byes". Kenny's last day was ysd... he gave us ice-cream lol. Nw, I'm hoping mine's ysd too.
Charlotte, Dylan, Stephanie, ZZ, Andy, Wilson, Adrain etc... we went for lunch together, but I can't seem to click with the lot. Vivocity, Alexandra village(?) blah... all these places gt company transport to bring us there... but to me, a lunch more than an hr is terror. Cos that means I've to delay my work... even later OTs!
*I can only share with ppl of "similar frequency". With them... eh I keep on hearing BGR stuffs... which I dun enjoy talking about to ppl I can't click with.*
Went for lunch with SL on fri. Her Eng pro sia... but she dunno why she came to the bank too lol. SL's a busy gal... learning violin and piano, taking up English in British Council etc. We spoke in English and well, she tot lang is my forte, so gave me some encouraging words regarding working towards my goal. But yeah I agree about the recession thing... with no money u're nothing in SG le leh~ Felt gossipy *发挥娱乐记者本领* and asked her about her fiance stuff haha... god the way he propose to her ah... I hope my future other half won't do so LOL.

*越不想浪费时间,好像反而在浪费得更多。*
Gonna talk to agent on Mon. I can't work a job that would need me to OT till after 8pm, causing me to miss my lessons and all. Cos of the job, I dun even have much appetite to eat nw. Haha...给自己的压力很大hor?
*谢谢但不用祝我好运,“好运”说了但它未必会到haha.*

Comments