Journey To The Center Of The Earth

Well, Li Jiawei lost under the "4th placing" curse again. Repeated the history at Athens'04. I didn't catch the Bronze medal match this time round, but mum said it was a 4-2 in the end. I rmbed seeing her lose to Zhang Yining this morning. Nevertheless, I tot she fought a great battle there~ superb skills and determination to win from Jiawei. Still, bravo to both李佳薇and冯天薇!

Went Jurong Spring CC to make my Passion member card. Reached there, filled in form then realise I forgot to bring my wallet out! Wat the... walked all the way back home to take again. *Take it as exercise ok!* 3yrs =$10 nia... plus many offers... gd one. And from nw till 17th Nov 08, luge ride at Sentosa oni 11bucks instead of the usual $18 for Passion members. 30% off the Singapore flyer ride (online ordering) too! Well, the main reason why I signed up was tat I'm interested in the Korean lessons (beginners), and oso the pop guitar lesson. Hope I can take the Korean lessons, but tat would hav to depend on the coming Mon... see wat time I reach hm after work... and if I'm able to rush in time for the lessons, tat will be on 7.30pm, every mon, starting 8th Sep. Guitar... I love it too but think it's harder for me, someone without a guitar. *Thks for ur offer to lend me guitar though, HL.*

Met HL and we caught "Journey To The Center Of The Earth" at JE theatre. Got myself a lady's handbag ($10) too hehe. Mum said "nice" haha.Seriously, this show can be so much better if it's in 3D format!
The animation effects in the show was already so beautiful (credits to the sceneries of "centre of Earth"), minus the "kinda-fake-looking-yet-tried-to-scare-you-giant-dino" lol.

It started with Professor Trevor Anderson who's into finding out how his elder brother Max Trevor died in "Centre of Earth". So, Trevor and his nephew Sean came to Iceland and met up with Hannah Ásgeirsson, who's the daughter of an author, who 1st described how "Centre of Earth" is like in his book: "Journey To The Center Of The Earth". 3 of them first gt trapped in a cave... and thus, began their journey to the centre of earth.

I enjoyed the journey with the trio of cos (HL too haha). It's more of a process... from a stage to another, totally diff one. There's sea and land adventures! You see them falling into "almost a bottomless pit", zoomed with their "rollar-coaster ride", went into shroom jungle, set out to sea (biting fishes flew here and there), reached desert... met with dino and hopping magnetic rocks, threw themselves on a dino's skull and gt gushed out by the pressure of the volanic eruption etc! Each stage is cool... the view of the "centre of Earth" is magnificent enough... wow-ed us.
I can nv forget how Sean literally stuck his body fully onto the magnetic rock when it rotated 360degrees lol! Plus, I really think the trio, esp Hannah, gt great survival skills! *Most ppl would have fallen to death, drowned, crushed, starved, burnt if we were there~ esp ppl like me, with practically zero Science knowledge in tat area haha.*

Ppl, if u wanna watch this movie, do go to places like The Grand Cathay (1st theatre) or Harbour Front GV Max! It would be super shiok and double享受to watch using big, big screens!

Rating: 3.5/5

Had Ajisen as dinner! So long since HL and I ate it... last time at Lot 1's outlet. $16.30 worth the meal!

Comments