My random thoughts

Last Fri was my last working day at NHG. Planned to meet XF for lunch but KF came in to the photocopier rm and told me that all the HR medical department de staff will be having lunch with me in the afternoon... so cancelled the meetup with XF. I was rather worried then though... haha cos I didn't even know my colleagues well even after working there for like 3mths haha. So, naturally the thought of eating together was simply... some冷场画面came to mind.

They decided to go to First Stop eating house for dinner together at 12+pm. My supervisor, Matthew, juz came back from lunch then. He walked past, suddenly stopped to shake hands with me and passed a tube of mint sweets to me lol. Haha... he still went with us though. So, that makes up 12 ppl in total: NHG big boss Mr Loke, Mrs Boon, Mr Matt Loh and Shereen (my supervisors), Matt Lum, Alice, XF, Zain, Rena, Valerie, Dr Jeremy and me. We ordered煮炒... 6 dishes per table... I love the fried fish~ super nice. Matt was like: "Why eat so little? Eat more." LOL. *Paiseh mah... the dishes all so far away from me...*
So, I gt to know a little bit more about my colleagues during this gathering: Shereen's a vegetarian... Rena's gt 2 daughters: 1 in uni and 1 in NP ECH yr1... she transferred over to NHG from TTSH... Matt and YL lives in Katong and East Coast respectively...
*Matt kept on joking tat Shereen lives in "Bukit Buttock" LOL.*
After we finished the food, YL (Mrs Boon) suddenly said: "All the best to you."... I only smiled back cos back then my mouth was full of Chrysanthetum tea~ *imagine my“牵强”smile haha!* Gt to say she looks really“慈祥”and kind when she smiled haha... cos she looks kinda stern when she doesn't smile. Mr Loke did too... whoa I feel so honoured. Matt still thanked me cos... "Cos of u, we all gt the 2nd chance to get together and eat." Then he began his what“祝你白头偕老...” OMG faint haha!
*Rena was complaining about how her pay increment/bonus so little and Matt reminded her: "She (me) dun even hav anything leh!* LOL.*
Alright, a nice lunch treat but cos of the sudden plan change, I didn't even get a chance to buy sth for my colleagues secretly haha. They made me felt like I was really a help to them during my worktime there... I felt myself being "so important" all of a sudden haha. *能认识这么好的同事,我很荣幸,也很庆幸。*


Back to office and I rushed thru work the whole day. Busy photocopying, filing and checking data. At the end of the day, almost the whole HR department went for bowling session at Bukit Batok... Matt Lum didn't cos he said he's too busy with work. So, I placed all my unfiled documents to Alice's seat area... haha hope she won't get a heart attack when she sees her packed table on Mon lol.

Met HL and WZ at Woodlands and we went to JB together. WZ said a new course called "Chi Media and Comm" is gonna launch nex yr... haiz why nt earlier haha. The journey to JB was packed... all the way from Woodlands checkpt to taking the bus... many ppl sia. We reached Neway at about 8.30pm and the stupid person said we were late and asked us to wait to 9pm for a rm.

The rm this time round was smaller and the system wasn't as gd I tot... but the thing that I like about Neway is the list of Eng karaoke songs it has... way more updated than KBox's list. Haha... 3 of us gt addicted to the song“呐喊”by Angela Zhang... think WZ and I sang about 5times ba lol. HL was "hurraying" la lol. *I still think that I sing better without food ard... my voice becomes weak after too much food really haha.* Anyway... RM34 per person.

Left at 12.20am and we walked fast back to SG, afraid of missing the last bus at Woodlands. Sadly, we waited for like 15mins n no bus was in sight... so we took the taxi. Halfway thru, HL suddenly saw 950... stuck in a jam at a junction... ah doi~ made us pay 6bucks for a taxi ride to Causeway pt.

Took a shower, then chatted a lot till morning 7am then slp. BGR... hmm... we said a lot on this... our views blah. Luckily, even though opinions differ, that didn't create war lol. We would put things in extreme situations and force each other to "make a decision"... nv letting off each other easily haha. *Ok this sounds like a "sword-knife-gun" scenario but dun worry, it's nt at all chaotic hehe.*

My thoughts... we are all practical ppl... to diff extents. I have to say HL's the most realistic... cos she believes in herself. And come on, this is the real world... so believing in one self is the most so called "right thing" one shld do/be isn't it? WZ and I are to... but we're diff in some sense... and I can't rmb the exact diff after too much discussion haha *brain crashed~*. I can be inrealistic too... but I insist haha.

As for the “乐观”and“开朗”character thing... ppl, let me ask u: Are they exactly the same thing? Does one mean another?
If u look carefully into it... no they dun exactly. I would say I'm both optimistic and cheerful, but I'm oso pessimistic and down too, at times.是程度的不同. Though HL and WZ both told me that我给他们的感觉是一个游走在乐观和悲观之间的人... which ok, I agree to some extent.
This explanation to my "dual personality" might do:
这个时候的我,如果身边没有可以我烦恼的事情,我就是超级乐观、开朗的。
这个时候的我,如果身边存在着太多叫我担心的烦恼,我就会悲观,但我并不会不乐观。我或许会有短暂的、on and off的emo期,但我不会陷入长期的忧郁。
对我而言,“emo”和“悲观”是不能相比的。Emo的后果绝对没有悲观带来的后遗症严重。
所以,我乐观,但我还是会emo。
But friends, dun worry. I won't let my emo-ing affect u ppl. *Unless u ppl get bothered by it yourself haha.* 在大家面前,我永远都会尽量保持开心、正常。否则,我就干脆先逃避一阵子,谁都不想见。毕竟我的事情,有时候真的不懂怎么和你们开口、也不会想对谁说。
Well... said too much. 还有太多的分析...留给以后吧haha.
Sat woke up at 3pm. 3 of us were thinking if we shld accompany Pat to M.O.S, but didn't in the end. Glad she didn't go too haha.
Had dinner at Causeway pt foodcourt... ate the fried kway teow but I wanna try Hokkien Mee nex time. Oh yeah, gt myself "L: Change The World" DVD for $30... haha yes it's finally out!

Comments