KL trip (17/5 – 20/5)- Sun 18/5/08

Guess the air-con was too cold and dry, so my voice “split” after waking up. We planned to go Mid Valley Shopping Centre, so asked the lobby receptionist take taxi how much? She said RM15. When we took a taxi, and we said wanted to pay him RM15 to take us to mid valley, the Chi driver laughed. He told us he don’t mind nt gg by meter, but he still turned on the meter to show us how much it would cost if we paid by that way… and he let us choose to pay either amt. Very kind uncle… in the end, the meter oni showed RM7+. Ben paid him as shown I think… lucky it’s him if nt we’d have been cheated on.

Mid Valley Shooing Centre’s huge… it’s separated into 3 sections lo: North, Centre and South. Basically, shops like Jusco, Padini Authentic, Armani Xchange, Romp can be found there… brands here and there. The Body Shop gt up to 70% discount, so YB bought strawberry body butter and Ben bought body soap from there. I gt nth cos I’ve never used pdts from Body Shop before.

I saw this very cool, sleeveless shirt (RM39.90) from Romp... Struggled whether to buy or nt but nv in the end. *Well, Ben and YB still gt it for me as birthday present since I wanted it so much lol.* Went to get presents for our friends at some gift shops. ZL gt YB a limited edition de Winnie The Pooh soft toy… ex neh.

We went children arcade to play haha. YB and ZL wanted to play the Mario racing game but some children keep on playing so they gt no chance to. Ben and I raced car (he suay cos his steering wheel spoilt) and we played that sort of “carom” game too… I won haha! Oh yeah, we did bowling too… those computer screen kind lol.

Guess what? I realise we walked past a lot of shops, most of them were clothes and accessories shop. Finally, we saw a CD shop on the top floor *Oh my fav!*. 2 lvls… many DBSK albums there on the shelf! *Felt like grabbing them all home lol.* What’s cool was that Malaysia CD stores gt those computers that allow u to burn the songs u like… sort of personalising ur own music song CD.
We went to a pet shop too… gt dogs, cats, hamsters, guinea pigs, fishes and scorpions inside. There’s this “panda/cow-looking” breed hamster… super funny lol.

Had台湾小吃for lunch. Seems like most dishes are hot ones… YB ordered this beef noodle but a bit too hot for her to handle. ZL pronounced“担担面”as“胆胆面” (If I din rmb wrongly)… funny haha. Initially, I wanted to have desert but too full after the pork meat noodle. I told them about the“人在江湖”restaurant at舟山东路and they found it interesting too hehe. We talked about our dream of gg to Taiwan for our next trip lol.

YB went to Ettusais to get her acne daytime powder… gt free bag… hmph I din hav! We went on to shop at Padini Authentic, and ZL gt a shirt. I saw this pretty “purple line” ring but din buy cos too ex… like more than SGD 10 bucks.

On the taxi back to hotel, we met this stupid Malay/Indian driver… we asked him RM7.50 for the ride. He said either RM15 or or go by meter… told us Malaysia come-and-go path taken different de… so go back Capitol Hotel de road longer distance, muz pay more. We chose to give him RM15 and he was laughing like mad la. Macham laughing at us being stupid… and he even turned on the meter show us… reached hotel oni less than RM10 nia! Juz before reaching, he even said loudly: “Reached le but RM15 pls!” Idiot driver la!

We rested a while, then decided to walk to Petaling Street a.k.a “Chinatown”. We walked really far man… ard half an hr! Ben said he knew how to walk there one lor… pengz. All along, we looked up to the Malaysia tower as a guidance… *Whoa… my hp counted I walked more than 20000 steps today LOL!*
There’s this lady (ZL say is girl cos… ah hem~儿童不宜的理由) walking past us, bare-footed. She looks damn like beggar lo. Anyway, we walked past big grps of “Bang-ga-la” before reaching Petaling Street. Ben said Malaysia’s trying to solve the prob of having too many foreign workers.
Petaling street looks really like SG’s Chinatown. We ate煮炒for dinner there… ZL wanted to eat the “black noodle” so much but 3 of us didn’t want to haha. Took some photos… and YB knows a lot about tea wor! *Thanks to her 20yrs of drinking tea experience everyday lol.*
Walked thru those stalls by the road at Chinatown… loads of ppl on Sun Night. The things sold were千篇一律… I din buy anything cos dunno how to “kill price”. *Sad nt in China haha.*

Took taxi back to hotel at night. YB bought cheese cake at Sungei Wang Plaza, while Ben and I had Mac. I bought Nuggets haha. Then walked to the “24 JAM” shop to buy mineral water. *When I 1st saw the “Jam” word, I thought it’s a super popular shop so gt human jam lol. YB tot is some sort of sell “Jam” de shop… until Ben explained “jam” means “hour” in Malay HAHA!* 4 of us played “Big 2”… and I guess Lady Luck was with me that night. Mr Ben gt very blur at one pt… he tot his deck super gd… dared to “show off” to us in the end! Guess what!? I saw through his cards… (5 cards in ascending order “10-Q-K-A-2”)… missed out by one! Then, all of us burst out in laughter la haha~

Comments