Review- Pirates of Caribbean 3: At World’s End

*WARNING: If you still haven’t watched this show yet plans to do so, skip reading this post.*

Well, POC 3’s gonna be a huge shot in SG, even bigger than the previous 2. Why? “Welcome to SG” said by Chow Yun Fatt… All those who are curious about why SG was being brought onto the big screen would go watch, somehow. *Hey, we love our country yeah!? Lol*

Xiao Feng (the Caucasians don’t pronounce this way in the movie) is only a big supporting role. He died in the middle of the show…without any impact. I reckon XF’s importance is as good as the other 6/7 “pirate heads”, that looks like a pirate united nations, with so many ethnicity. XF’s only task is to hand over the object, which identifies a captain’s identity, to Elizabeth. And honestly, I didn’t know the starting place that’s absolutely dark and ugly to be SG in its 18th century. *Were we even called SG then in the 1st place?*

The presence of the little child at the beginning of the movie still puzzles me: Who is he? Only a child that’s to be beheaded? Good start to a show.

POC 3 still proves to be gross, to me. Dead bodies and those horrible looking pirates are still ard… and one even reminds me of the giant worm in King Kong!

This time round, Jack Sparrow’s出镜率 in the show seemed to have fallen. Isn’t he supposed to be the “lead of the leads”? But nevertheless, I can never fail to laugh when he’s on screen. The way he walks, talks, laughs…HAHA~ A Crazy pirate yet a clever captain. Can nv forget when he held on to the rope and fired a shot at Davy Jones..about 3 seconds a scene but I think he looks really handsome there. Lol~ Oh and of course when he rejected the kiss from Elizabeth… guess it’s sth about how afraid he is to love her again. Well, destined to be a lonely man isn’t he? Captain Jack Sparrow.

I like how Will proposed to Elizabeth on board the ship whilst under such a chaotic circumstance. It may look absurd *Oh well it does when I saw the trailer last time* but come to think of it, they experienced so much since the 1st movie. And this being the last chance*last movie* for him to tell the world *Us* he loves her…it may be untimely but…aiyah. Heck care. Lucky they are the leads in the movie, or this couple may just die kissing…haha *U think it’s possible to kiss so long without ur enemies dieing to kill u!?* I can imagine if there’s ever a 4th movie, *PH predicts that Elizabeth would get pregnant* whereby Will and Elizabeth met after 10yrs *Even worse fate than our牛郎织女* on another chaotic hot-air balloon(this time on air), Will’s gonna say to her: “Would you promise not to tell our child that I’m HEARTLESS (literally without a heart in his case)?” OK, pure joke.

Another thing, whenever the leads shout “FIRE!”, I can nv figure out why they sound so loud that the whole ship actually hears their commands…lol

Most exciting part in the movie is of course the last 1 hr. The fight of 2 ships in the 漩涡created by the海神女妖 *I realise she’s quite redundant in the movie* The 2 ships looked like 2 person doing剑道. Plus the wonderful sound effects and incredibly messy (in a good way) scenes, it looks marvellously well shot. I may be seating right at the front, but I still love the excitement. I felt like screaming with them lor…lol

I expected Elizabeth to really break down when she’s being saved by Jack, while watching Will die and the ship being sucked into the sea. She didn’t. I felt the pain though… but why didn’t she? Cos she knows Will would be back in the later part of the show? I didn’t predict that coming.

So, Will’s now a captain (sad fate), so is Elizabeth, and so is Jack. The 3 that was so near to each other got so far from each other. I pity Jack the most, he’s cheeky but totally pitiful at the same time. *though he looks satisfied enough with a small boat, rum and spoilt compass in the end*

I admit that I do “get lost” in the show somehow…but I managed to realise in the end. All that’s wanted by each character came to an end.
They achieved it, but paid a dear price for it.
Will earned his father, but lost his dearest Elizabeth.
Elizabeth earned reputation, but lost Will.
Jack’s ending is special, he seemed to have gained everything (respect and love) but lost everything at the same time. Whatever, he looks so “happy-go-lucky” on the outside.

A song lyrics inspired by that rejection of Elizabeth's kiss by Jack Sparrow.

I Never Want That Again
Turn back
Look at me
Say that you’ll stay
Don’t leave

It’s not the first time
You did it again
You tore my heart apart
made my days so hard


Turn around
Now I beg
Now I tear
I need you to know
I can stand it no more


CHORUS:
You know I never want that look again
You took my breath and walked away
How am I to live without that love
Without the fact that you exist in my life


Come back
Look at me
Say nothing
Just be here

Look into me
I don’t want that hug
I won’t take that kiss
Don’t go to him

Turn back now
Now I plead
Now I bleed
I need you to know
I can stand it no more

(CHORUS)

What if I’m a man
A man with no love
Its the end of his world

I never want you to go
I never want that

Come back
Look at me
Say nothing
Just be here


All right, my next movie to anticipate for: HARRY POTTER 5: The Order of the Pheonix.

Comments