The Karate Kid

*Thks to the "screamings" at PartyWorld on weds... sore throat nw... so terrible the whole day.*

Was freezing in office this morning... and as I've gt nth much to do, was reading "Breaking Dawn". And slping at 2am the previous night really made me slpy sia. 好不容易熬过了感觉漫长的早上, went lunch with LL. Wanted to eat Hokkien Mee but the stall's closed, and so I had chicken rice instead. LL had Yong Taufu which looked rather nice. The soup was nt bad.
And since I was feeling greedy, I bought some tidbits for "in-case-I-get-hungry" moments in the office someday haha~
Was chatting with YB and YL the whole afternoon. *Phew there's ppl to chat with... if nt I'd be bored to death.*

Evening met PH and we bought sushi for dinner... din hav time to go for a proper meal since we're watching "The Karate Kid" at 6.50pm.
Thumbs up! I like this.
Alright, the front part of the show might be a little draggy, since it's an intro to how Dre (Jaden Smith) and his mum came over to China, and hw he gt to know his sweetheart. But still, there were cute moments like hw he tried to act "man" in front of the gal he liked and played table tennis with the ah pek, as well as tough ones like in the scenes whr he gt beaten up by the Chinese boys.
The intensity began to pick up after he starts learning kungfu from Mr. Han (Jackie Chan)... I mean including the 1000+ times repeated actions of him wearing, taking off, hanging up and throwing his jacket on the flr!
Jaden Smith is oni 12yrs old... but his kicks, punches and the way he presented himself on screen in this show is definitely worth the applause. Liked the "nv-give-up" look he gave, and gosh I almost can't believe when I saw tat he's gt like... 6packs!? OMG. *He's skinny eh!*
The scene bet him and his sweetheart was cute and funny... I mean they're innocent. But er... for a 12yr old to have his on-screen kiss... oh my... times are indeed changing. *I feel like I'm an "old antique" in terms of thinking haha.*
Dre's mum is another funny character... loved her exaggerated actings at times. Jackie Chan's act as Mr Han impressed me somehw... 够沉稳. *Dun worry, we audience still get to catch his acrobatics, "the-J-style-humour-way" in the movie!*
The fighting scenes, esp the ones at the tournament was WOW. Those Chi actors were real disciples from Shaolin, as read from articles. Their fights were tough!

Rating: 3.75/5

Comments