E-Sarn Thai Kitchen + Swensens

Few things I wanna share that happened on thurs.
Was at my desk when Eileen suddenly shouted for me to help her cut fruits at ard 11+am. Being an inexperienced person in the kitchen, naturally I was bad... even at peeling kiwi. *Hey, but I was quite gd at cutting the jackfruit neh~* So Eileen was like "Haiyo... nex time u gt husband hw?" LOL.
K... below is a pic from the "scene of the crime"... very unglam but still I tot since it's the 1st time I helped out in the office pantry... I decided to grab a shot~ Dang I missed snapping the 2 fruit platters... which were fast brought up to the Board rm for the panel meeting.
And poor me... Eileen had me eat up the "leftovers" haha~ Okie la... I was greedy but honestly the Thai mango which tasted sour-sweet was quite delicious. The rock melon was ok though.

LL left for early lunch at 12pm with her VWO colleagues cos they went to the pizza restaurant nearby to celebrate some of the June babies bday. *It costed them 200bucks in all la! Super ex sia~* The whole office was kinda quiet by 12+pm, and when it was near 1pm, Regina came over and asked me to join she and Catherine for lunch.
She suggested we'd hav Thai food for lunch... and Regina drove her "P-plate" car out haha. While waiting for her to pick us up at NCSS, I went to ask the CC if there's table tennis rm for booking over there but sadly... nope. Well, Jess and I initially wanted to book a table tennis rm and play after work de haha.
*Regina's car is spacious de lor! Nice family car~*
Anyway, it's funny when Regina was driving to this "Mt. Sinai" area cos it's sorta a private housing estate area and the road was on slopes... filled with many humps. Regina, being a "P-plate" driver, told Jess and I to "hold tight to our seats" while she drove haha. She even counted the no. of humps on the road (5 in all), and Catherine was joking tat the road shld be renamed "Mt. HUMPnai" rd LOL!
*When we gt out of the car, all I saw was construction site and I stared at tat lor... thinking if we were gonna hav "tins of cement" for lunch HAHA!*
It's a short drive to this E-Sarn Thai Kitchen... there's another famous ice-cream eating place juz nex to it... but I can't recall the name nw. Catherine said the place's full in the evening usually. I tried the prawn fried rice, Jess had the crab meat one, Catherine had the tom yum glass noodle (soup tasted superb!) while Regina had this Thai "fried kway teow"... lol Regina tried hard to tell me the dish's name in Thai when I asked, then Catherine simply threw out "Aiyah... thai fried kway teow la"... and this lowered the "class" of the dish u see~ lol. My fried rice was a bit too dry I tot.
The 2 ladies ordered Thai fish cake (Catherine highly recommends) and spring roll to try too. Oh I loved the thai fish cake~ yummy! The spring roll was nt bad too. Jess and I shared the Thai Iced Tea ($3.50) too... omg the appearance remined Jess of red curry... and dang she said she tasted "ash" in the tea... haha... nope I din lol. Regina took away some tapioca too. Jess and I spent $10.50 each.
Horrible weather... when we gt back onto the car... u could literally feel ur butt burning! It was oni 31 degrees celcius o~ and Catherine said in those multi-storey car-parks, temp in the car could go as high as 38 degrees celcius~ *whoa we can all be "BBQ-ed"  liao...*
On our way back, there's a road construction in the middle of the road, and the Bangladesh worker told Regina to continue driving... but he din see tat there's a car blocking in front of us... still signalling to Regina non-stop... so our driver was "#%$*" at him LOL~ It's nt vulgar... juz hw grudging Singaporeans would do on such a hot day haha. But to us, it was hilarious... haha... wat a lunch trip.

We went back to office, then Regina and Catherine told me to go over to eat a strawberry tart nt long after lunch... it was nice... from Delifrance. Then, nt long after again, Regina called me, and said "Gal, come over. Something serious... bye." OMG... she sounded super serious and so I was thinking if I had sent any email with wrong details/wrong amount of money typed. And when I gt there... aiyoh Catherine and her were laughing! Regina was joking... she oni wanted me to go over for tapioca tat she bought~ HAHA! *She said "If sent wrong email... juz RESEND lor~ no big deal!" Lol.* Oh the tapioca was sweet though.

Night met Pat and QW for dinner. QW joined us last min. We had dinner at Swensens, and Pat left soon after having her choco drink and chicken wings. I had the salmon and mushrm pasta, which I tot was a little too "watery", and QW and I shared the prawn and fruit salad too... which tasted a bit wierd I reckon haha.
After which, QW and I window-shopped ard PS. *QW din buy her DBSK bag again... aiyoh fated sia lol.* Saw some really nice clothes but were ex... and I guess I am really looking forward to buying them on taobao when I go Shanghai haha!
*I dun mind trying new styles of clothes!*

Comments