Kbox with WZ and Lynn

After HC203's lec, went Clementi to meet up with Lynn and WZ. We were early even after I had lunch, so went ard looking for WZ's cushion cover, and then we went big bookshop... looked at some astrology book and stuffs... so funny. WZ had jab for H1N1 today... so her whole left hand's kinda "crippled"... couldn't really lift it lol.
WZ booked Kbox rm under my name, but left her hp no. So, when the person asked for "my hp no.", I was stunt for a sec, looked at Lynn but seems she couldn't recall, and so I blabber out the number... wishing my memory was right... heng ah I din say wrongly LOL! We took student price package, and so WZ made a member card on the spot... 10bucks nw.
The rm was super cold... I din bring jacket... haiz haha. 1st time trying lime iced tea and it turns out nice... too bad I was coughing... and I think my cough has taken a turn for the worse nw... haiz... affected my singing voice neh... a little higher and my voice can split le. Oh and I realise WZ has a loving for doing the“合音”nw... lol she does this for most of the songs we sang haha. Lynn sings mostly "older" songs... haha.
*Alamak... "my voice" come back ah... I needa audition this sat eh haha.*

Went for dinner at LJS cos I gt the coupons. Had only the chicken wrap ($2) but omg... nt nice... too "nua" le. We were chatting when WZ saw JQ outside LJS haha. She was looking for a seat neh... I waved to her lo... and she came and sat with us, had her dinner too haha.
After tat, JQ and I took bus 154 home. We were on the topic of Fudan uni somehw and after she alighted, this uncle who had been sitting in front of us turned round and talked to me. He asked:“你们是中国来的吗?” I said "No." Then he continued:“你们的中文说得挺好的。”... and he laughed haha. I dunno y but felt a bit awkward, and since he looked "friendly", I replied him saying sth like "Erm... ok ba... normal SG ppl speak this way too." Lol~ and b4 he could say anything esle, I plucked my earpiece into my ears haha. Smsed JQ and she was LOL-ing.
Hmm... it's nt the 1st time ppl commented on my spoken mandarin. I mean, by right, u shld feel happy when ppl praise u for ur fluency, but somehow the praise comes in a "diff way"... like if u speak gd mandarin, ppl tend to think tat u muz be from China/Taiwan. That's hw ppl normally say to me. JQ was saying if it was cos of the fact tat we went Zhe Jiang for half a yr, and might had "subconciously" picked up their accent... I doubt so. For me, the reason for my better pronounciation is partly cos I'm from Chinese Studies since Poly. As a student of Chinese, it's natural that we tend to be more careful when we speak. And after coming into contact with so many lecturers who speak real gd mandarin, we'd pick up from them as well ah! Our immersion in China only expanded my knowledge when it came to "hearing"... as in I get to listen to even more diff kinds of Mandarin accents, but I din pick up their accent, at least nt in the long run haha.
身为能说得一口算不错的华语的新加坡人,我感到高兴、自豪。
Nt saying tat I would neglect my Eng of cos. I'm more of a linguistic person, so I always had a higher expectation of myself when it comes to langs... be it spoken or written. Oh... and my wish is to learn Korean lang well one day o~ haha.
*As for Hokkien and "singlish"... I'm already an expert on the latter la. Hokkien mah... gt no prob with listening but sometimes I've prob when I wanna express anything in Hokkien... esp to the elders haha.*

Comments