Fame

Accompanied YB to Snip Avenue for her haircut. Lucky the auntie cut it nice, YB seemed to like her new fringe a lot haha... gd. Had chicken rice for early breakfast. YB said I shld keep my hair at this length haha, and she asked if I wanted to perm my hair (below). Lol my face too big la, but I did tot of rebonding instead haha. See how.

Went to sch and met WZ to discuss for feature writing. She was discussing her work with ZX, so when I met SS in the Chi lib, we discussed a bit about our HC102 assignment too. Finally, WZ and I did our discussion at 2+pm... until 4pm. Phew, we managed to piece the infos together roughly... but still haven't gt an article out as yet. *kinda stressed over this module*

Went down Cine and met up with PL. We bought our tickets to the movie, "Fame" at Cathay Orchard at 7.35pm. Well, we headed to Heeren's Waraku for dinner 1st! Hehe cos gt the $25 off vouchers... then there was a student 25% off promo too... but the voucher one was better hehe. PL had the spicy prawn cabonara pasta I usually ate, while I tried the crab with wafu sauce pasta... omg nice. We shared fried squids and mushrms with scallops too. Both were nice... esp the mushrms... nt oily o.
In the end, PL was kind enough to treat me to Waraku~ haha... she said it's an early bday present for me haha. Anyway, lucky her cos it was cheaper than usual haha... by right each of us $11+. *Yeah I sms-ed and said I shld have asked for sth "bigger" since it's my 21st this yr haha!* Fulfilling dinner for us~

Caught "Fame"... a song and dance movie that I've anticipated for since I saw the trailer.
It's a顺序叙事的movie but then the transition wasn't very smooth overall. No subtitles, but nt much of a prob.
In the beginning, we see many musically talented young ppl... flooding the screen~ There were dancers, actors, singers and instrumentalists. Successful kids went thru the audition and juz when I tot it was for some idol compeition or wat... I realise they were all actualli competing to go into a prestigious music school.
Stories took place throughout their junior, sophomore, high and senior years. Most common things were the characters faced objections from their parents, as well as failures when they tot "fame" was near.

I liked the songs and the ambience... made me wanna dance haha. *Got to find the OST!* Asher Book's a cutie and gosh he has a very soothing voice! Naturi Naughton was one of the female lead who sang the theme song, "Baby Remember My Name"... superb voice! As for gals, I think Kherington Payne impressed me with her terrific dancing skills... woo~

At the scene whrby an average ballet guy dancer gt criticised by his cher real badly, it suddenly dawned upon me that a belief of mine all along was nv more right: "You gt to be the best in the thing u choose to do, or esle u dun shine." Well yeah... if u ain't the creme of the crop, then wat's the pt? Haha. Of cos, when this guy wanted to jump off the train station's platform, it sorta reminds ppl to be careful in the decisions they make. Making the right choice is the key to success, if nt otherwise... failure. Hmm ppl can't possibly stay "afloat" in mid-air, it's either u rise or u fall.

每一个都有翅膀;每一个都渴望飞翔。
但在尔虞我诈的这个地方,重点不在于你会飞,而是你是否是飞得最高的、最远的那一个。


Rating: 3.5/5

Here's the MV of the theme song tat caught my attention since the trailer came out: "Baby Remember My Name".

Comments