Fruitful day

*Finally managed to finish my Friendster article! PHEW~*

After lunch, stayed back at lobby chat with MZ & Jac. Started to talk a lot about friends and backstabbing. MZ said she’s surprised to know that backstabbing happens in Poly as well. *I think Politics happen everywhere as long as there are humans! haha* Jac and I thought otherwise of course. She said there’s a lot in her class…mine? Hmm… We have too but I reckon I’m simply the on-looker when it comes to such things. *I’m glad I’m in this position*

Jac definitely knows what’s happening ard her and what her classmates think about her. She’s clear-minded about this. But sometimes, it’s scary to be in the know…and in her case, scary to either know or don’t know. Pretending not to know doesn’t help. No wonder she dreads the China trip..I mean “Hey, who would want to share rm with strangers?” As for myself, settled? I don’t know…haha… shld be though. As long as I’m nt left alone, it’s fine with me I guess. Erm..wait. No…I would prefer to be in a rm with someone I PREFER too. *I’m hinting nothing.* The chat was very nice…until I didn’t feel like going back to office haha!

Went out to interview this female ex-smoker, S, at Bedok. OMG… I really like this interview. It’s so relaxing and informal (even though her ans was kinda short as well) that I don’t even have to scribble pages to know what to write for my article. The PR was so shocked the interview ended in like 15mins? Haha…she thought it was going be a 45mins thing. I admire S for her courage, to stand out and do an interview even though the PR did explained to me that her life’s nt smooth at the moment with family probs and all. I felt connected somehow *We’re of the same age* while the PR told me about S’s family matters. I felt that S’s mum shld simply let some matters pass… it’s been so long and why is she still so stubborn!? Of cos, I’m an outsider and am in no place to say anything.

On the taxi to Raffles MRT (kind PR who offered to give me a ride there), the PR and I chatted about life at work. She’s enjoying her work atm though she’s got lots of deadlines to meet… and unfortunately, they mostly comes from journalists. She studied in Sydney for 3.5 yrs…no wonder her Eng is so fluent and accented at times. Haha. She said Chris Lee “can’t speak Eng for nuts” even though he is her so-called “idol”. Working 9am till 2am for a week!? omg… I can’t take it for sure! But she mentioned PR jobs can get fun… and she can’t wait to be transferred to Sydney to work. Told her about the 5mths trip to China, she’s like “5mths nia~” haha…seems like many ppl think it’s like “What’s the big deal about being away from home for 5months!?” Well, maybe it’s because I haven’t been really independent before. All I know is that I would definitely MISS the places whenever I’m leaving it…be it here or China or anywhere else in the world.

Conclusion: As long as you ENJOY ur job, it’s the most wonderful/greatest/best job you can ever have.

PS: *Due to the journalist job and note-taking I’ve to do sometimes while on my way to destinations, I learned how to independently…STAND ON THE TRAIN!!!* LOL (but still, no high heels yet…NO WAY!)

Comments