Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

*I feel like spending more time at home... do things I wanna do yet have been procrastinating.*

Met PQ, WZ and her bro, WM at The Cathay to catch "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince ". Free screening since we went for Pasir Ris CC YEC's bi-annual election. The talk ended kinda fast, so the movie was brought forward and started ard 2pm.Wasn't wat I expected, after the 5th movie.
Wasn't tat dark I tot;
Wasn't tat exciting cos there were few fighting scenes.

I guess this movie isn't tat hard to understand for those who din read the bks, compared to the previous ones. I can see much more romance in this. Yeah, the trio are growing up and gg thru the much impt phase of their teenage lifes, and David Yates portrayed all these details very well in the movie. The romance part is definitely sufficient and cute. I love to see how "emotional" Hermoine actully gt jealous over Ron and Lavender, how Ron was a "block of wood" towards his inner feelings for Hermoine and the "lovesick" scene he had *So funny!*, and how sth sweet sprouted bet Harry and Ginny haha.

However, the "supposed-to-be-emphasised" part of the novel - war bet Voldemort and Harry, gt less than I expected. Time constraint I guess. Yes, I see Draco Malfoy still being dark like ever, Snape still as "disgusting" haha, Bellatrix irritating, and the young Tom Riddle was "evil-looking" enough. Sadly, I din even see Voldemort in the movie, maybe only 1 flashback scene.
Dumbledore's death wasn't "impactful" enough to me... maybe cos of the fact that bk 6 is the one I have least impression of. *Sometimes, I can't even make out those scenes I have in my mind... were they in the previous movies, or were they those that I imagined while I read? Lol.*
Luckily, the movie showed the audience very clearly the thing that leads to the nex and last movie: Horcrux. Think at least it would be better for audience who din read the bk... to get a feel of wat the last movie's gonna be about. As for me, it refreshes memories... since I can only rmb some of the parts in bk 7. *Muz read to refresh ah!*

Overall, nt too gd, nt too bad.
I'd like more fighting scenes in the last movies. I mean I do like romantic-related movies, but for HP, it shld be focused more on the battle bet Voldemort and Harry imo. I prefer a 25% romance and 75% battle scenes haha.

*长大了,却还莫名地想牵扯。*

Rating: 3.5/5

Comments