Demsey House- Barracks Cafe

Finally finished reading the 3rd book of the Twilight series: "Eclipse".Spoiler: Bella's actually in love with Jacob too!? Omg. The fact that Jacob's a werewolf, and that he and Edward are at loggerheads... hmm the love triangle bet the 3 is kind of intriguing lol. I feel sad for Jacob at times haha. Lucky the vicious Victoria was killed though.

*I'm only 2 days away from my "HBP" movie. But why does it seem like many of my colleagues have already caught it or are catching before me!?*

Had my fish slice noodle for lunch again today... I am in love with the tender fish meat la haha. Actualli planned to buy "taupok" home for mum to try today, but then morning Regina suddenly asked if I was free during evening... she would treat me to dinner lol. Couldn't bear to turn down my "za bor elder sis", *She always call me "za bor" haha.* so I promised to go with her to Demsey House.

*PL gg Genting in Aug~ haha... though I juz came back nt long ago... I'm still envious lol.*

We took a cab down to Demsey Rd, opposite Botanics Garden. Seriously, I haven't the faintest idea whr this ulu place is haha. To my surprise, there are many diff flavours of restaurants there... even Ben & Jerry! Demsey House is divided into a few areas: Barracks Cafe, Spa Esprit and Camp Bar. For food, you go to House Barracks. The ambience there is nice one lor... with the decor (simple yet elegant) and classical music playing... totally in the mood for candlelit dinner la haha.

The menu looks kinda neat too.Both of us shared a Wild Truffled Mushrm skinny pizza ($18). I had the lobster linguine ($28) for main course, while Regina tried the Moroccon Spiced Baby Chicken ($19). We had a pot of Ginger and peppermint tea that aided in digestion (according to the menu lol).Saw those thin, yellow slices that looks like ginger to u? It's yam~ haha. My pasta was ok... the linguine and lobster meat can be softer though. However, I liked the mushrm pizza~ it's very "mushrm~" haha! Regina likes those raw leafy on top. *We have similar taste in food somehow haha.*
Talked as we eat... she's a very encouraging person. *Sometimes, I do think that I'm lucky to have met some of the nicest colleagues ard hehe.* I asked about her hubby and how he proposed to her lol... actualli I tot his "pen-and-card-and-sign" idea quite creative though lol... considering the fact that he's nt a romantic person. Guess opposites really attract, cos Regina said that she's always the one entertaining her quiet husband haha. Well, she shared a bit about her family and work life so far too.
The cafe gt noisier towards the night... so loud that Regina and I have to raise our vol to talk. I went to the washrm *unique*, and when I came out and saw the bill on the table... I was so paiseh... near 50bucks per person! Nice nice sister Regina treated me to such a "big meal"... a big thank you! *A mother of 2 looks so young la~ Regina... dun keep saying urself "auntie" k!? Lol.*

We took cab out of the area, and I alighted to take bus 105 to JE interchange. She stays in Punggol, so cabb-ed home haha.

If u ppl are interested, here's the website for Demsey House:
http://www.dempseyhouse.com/

Comments