轻轻的、柔柔的。

YB made this invitation card using PS... ah I love it a lot cos it gives me the feeling like "I'm-so-impt" LOL.

Woke up at 11+am today, then went tuition at Brendan's house. He was so glum... cos he was playing with his cousins at his grandma's house for an hr+ only, before he was told by his mum to come home for tuition. Gosh I felt like I was the“千古罪人”for taking away his fun time lol. *Brendan, cher wants u to have fun with ur cousins. I can tell how close u guys are. But, right nw at this age, studies is really a priority in life. If u do well, u won't live to regret in future! So jiayou!*

Went for singing after tat. 4 new students in class today. They were transferred here from another class... Simon hasn't had lesson in 4mths even!
Alvin prepared minus one music for everyone of us. He told me he couldn't find“昨天我十五岁”'s minus one version, so he gt me Tanya's “Beautiful Love” instead. One by one, each of us went on stage and sang with the music and mic.

My thoughts on some of their singing:
Terese (天黑黑): She sounded off. But she said she wasn't familiar with that song, so erm... ok.
Simon:I think he has the power to belt out. Pretty nice one I tot.
Shirley(独角戏): She's the most投入one among us all. It has been her style all along... sth that I feel that I can nv do atm. Alvin joked she didn't realise she went to one side of the stage. However, he said she chose the wrong song to sing... and he said that song would have been more suitable for my voice instead lol.
Shirlyn(原来你什么都不想要): Something unique in her voice that I liked and I can't seem to find in mine... it's the huskiness I guess. I reckon she can sing really well. Only she didn't升半key in time towards the end of the song.
YJ(很爱很爱你): Don't think she showed her fullest potential yet lol. I liked it the most when she sang the 1st line in the chorus... her voice has some sweetness in it.
Esther(一句话): This gal shld sing more using mike. Agree with Alvin that her音色is so much more obvious when she uses the mic. Haha... I realise she tilt her head to one side when singing high notes. Alvin say she's imitating Genie, but I think if so, only the 1st line in the chorus ba. That's the only part I feel alike.
Tall guy(some中板摇滚萧敬腾song): His voice suit the song. Another guy who can sing pretty well.

I thought I was gonna sing “Beautiful Love” when cher like realise he couldn't find the minus one in the ones he burnt. So, he passed me the lyrics for“记得”last min. Gosh... it's such a classic la... and I screwed up nevertheless lol. I was super nervous (hands were shaking terribly) and stupid Alvin was swaying down-stage (imitating my swaying onstage la!), I couldn't concentrate on singing at all lol. The mic felt a bit heavy, but lucky I caught the timing as to when to go into the song haha.
Alvin commented:“你的声音属于又轻又柔的。”. All along the lessons, he said he couldn't "feel the punch" when I sing. That's it. He didn't really point out any "technical faults" from me everytime, but more of emotions... no emotion when I sung. Instead, he said my swaying (it's my natural tendency to sway on/off stage when I listen to songs la~) and singing made the song sound as if it's a happy song haha. After lesson, I asked him what kind of songs suit/dun suit me. “轻轻柔柔的声音有优点和缺点。重的歌曲比较不适合,唱到澎湃的地方比较难有共鸣感。可以尝试多唱张韶涵的歌曲。”He said my voice“偏那类型的歌曲”. But, I told him I love rock songs wor! Yeah, I agree I didn't put in my all when singing in class, cos I dun dare... juz scared lor. Friends who sing k with me knows I sing more fast-tempo songs, but it seems to ppl in class that I sing more of "slow, jazzy" songs lol. I love rock songs ok? And I'd like to prove cher wrong someday haha.

Shirlyn, Esther and I went Bugis Junction for dinner. We were on the train when they said I sound "effortless" when I sing. They said I made the song sound as if it's easy to sing haha. Dunno if that's gd or bad... but I will have to work hard on“放感情”when I sing ba.
Had dinner at“黑沙门”... the set meal I ate: "eel don" + seafood croquette + 2 sushi + green tea= $12.90 nia! Quite划算a meal. 3 of us were chatting all about entertainment/media line and work there... nice chat session. I dunno if I羡慕Shirlyn's life a not... this girl is super busy! She's gt a record of 17 student at one go (1-to-1 tuition)! That brings her like $5-6K income a mth. And all those courses she learnt etc... seems she live her life to the fullest sia. But, it sounds like she really has no free time, even nw. 大忙人sia! What a crazy schedule she has/had... life wouldn't be bored la.

*未来啊,未来~ 你将带给我什么呢? 我好想知道!*

Comments