A Walk To Remember

*Cool website: Midomi.com
If ever you come across a song and u think it's nice, but you dunno the lyrics, nor the son title, nor the artiste... then all you have to do is attach a mic in ur PC, and go to the website above, sing or hum a little of the melody into ur mic and it will record ur singing/humming and then help u to match wth its database to find the song!*


Woke up early in the morning at 8am to meet up with QW. We walked to Boon Lay CC for our badminton session haha. 1hr of game nia... both of us haven't been playing for quite some time liao haha. QW gt tired after 15mins lol. I tot we were gg to complain that an hr wasn't enough, but in my heart I was actualli counting down to 10am haha! Then, we walked over to Boon Lay Shopping Centre for breakfast. Saw Botak Jones but I was craving for dessert haha. Had strawberry peach ice dessert($2)... super delicious sia! QW had河粉. Then, QW took but to JP to meet her sis while I walked home. Honestly, QW's badminton skill better than mine leh... still say very long nv play haha.

Mum was trying to heat up her noodles and bee hoons using the oven. I was eating my duck noodle in the kitchen. Suddenly, mum said that the oven在冒烟. I became worried and told her to off it but she said "it's normal." Then, after 5mins was up, she opened the cover and yeah the paper caught fire! God... nt very big but I suggested mum to pour water at it. She simply put the dish back into the oven and closed it. Luckily, the fire went out after a while. I was so worried会酿成火灾leh! Mum kept saying I“乌鸦嘴”, cos I was already saying that the "oven would explode" when I smell that burning smell. Really heng ah.
Ok la... I admit that I'm timid. But我从小就有“惧oven症”、“俱blender症”、“俱深海症”etc LOL. Yeah, you guys might find all these funny but since young, I kept thinking that an oven would explode easily; a blender would explode and cut you; while the one regarding deep seas... I simply feel breathless when I watch such documentaries... esp those showing wrecked ships or submarines going deeper and further down under. I was telling to mum when she suddenly told me sth悬: A few days after I was born, mum dreamt that an old ah ma, in those traditional chinese costumes and her hair in a bun, came to tell her to tell me to be careful whenever I'm near waters.


Come to think of it, no wonder I find it so hard to learn proper swimming haha. Maybe, I'm guessing,我前世可能是淹死的很冤枉吧,and the ah ma dun want me to be like tat again in this life, so came to warn haha. Or maybe I was burnt to death (scared of fire), or simply a mad scientist who did too many experiments and one of it exploded in which I died (scared of oven, blender etc) LOL.
Oh, I'm kind of interested to know who and how I was as a person in my past life, and how I died too hah.


*看来他的确很关心。这种男生...很难找吧。不知道该羡慕还是觉得可惜呢?*

Afternoon nap a while, and I woke up with an aching wrist and neck haha. Met WZ in the afternoon and we went singing. Today was发声课. Did "a, e, i, o, u, wu, la" using diff keys. Alan played the keyboard and tested us in groups and individually. He said I sounded esp loud using "e", so he asked that I usually shld have no prob singing with song lines ending with the "e" sound. Well erm... I guess no ba haha. Yeah, I thinking those like "e, o, u and wu" shld be fine for me, whereas "la, i" 's ok, but "ah" is the one I have prob with. I can't seem to push myself all the way to sing while with my mouth opened so wide haha!
Alan said practising basics is a must. He said will feel tired. But honestly, my throat was still fine after the practice session leh... haha maybe I didn't push myself too hard (using his“便秘”method haha).
Had dinner with WZ at Aljunied's Hong Kong restaurant“御阁”. Ate the sweet and sour fish rice set ($4.50)... ok nia. WZ's black pepper pork chop spaghetti looked better haha.


Watched "A Walk To Remember", by Shane West and Mandy Moore.A typical bad boy falling in love with a obedient, "god's lovely daughter" movie. Landon Carter gt into trouble and was made to do community work, and join in the drama class. Jamie Sullivan, the gal whom he knew since young, was the reverend's daughter and all she believed in was god, books and her astrology stuffs. When Landon was chosen to be the male lead in a play, he realised that he needed help with the script, so he found Jamie, who was in that play as well. Guess what Jamie said: "I'll help you practise on one condition: Do not fall in love with me." Naturally, Landon was like: "What the? I won't."

Haha he was wrong. He started falling head over heels for Jamie. *Gosh Mandy Moore was so beautiful in that blue silky gown and she became even more lovely as she sang "Only Hope"!*
Landon and Jamie did get together (even watched stars together at a cemetry at night LOL), but they were still worlds apart. Anyway, there came the shocking thing: Jamie had leukemia. I honestly didn't expect sth like that from the script (thought only seen in tear-weeping Korean movies/dramas lol). Landon did whatever to keep her happy... even building a kaleidoscope(?) for her, knowing the fact that she had a dream of building one day. They gt married in the end too. Gd thing the director didn't made the parting seem like a sorrow, but a rather peaceful one.

Shane West's gt the "bad boy" look. *He reminds me a bit of宏荣... maybe cos of his double chin haha.* His role does remind me of道明寺a little. Dunno why but I'm always happy when I see the guy trying so hard to win the gal over... and in the end, he did. Can't believe Mandy Moore's only 18yrs old when she filmed this movie in 2002... such a sweet, innocent-looking gal. But I think she has an "ever-changing look"... cos I can't link the her in the movie and in "Chasing Liberty"... looks kinda diff.

Plus, it's really gd seeing a guy willing to change for the sake of the gal he likes, or vice versa. It's kind of tough for one to change themself, much less say for the sake of another.
和自己曾经心爱的人一起走过的路,未必是最远的。
但或许因为是曾经,所以感觉那段路是走得最久的。

Landon and Jamie... a walk to remember.

Rating: 3.75/5

Comments