Hairspray review

Though I’m on the verge of losing my voice, I still accompanied PH to Bugis…haha… to “celebrate” after her last exam paper. Bel & LX were there… but we “missed” each other by a bit…they left ard 4plus while I went there at that time.

While waiting for PH, there was a big group of Japanese at the control, taking back their transit $1 fund. Just found ppl speaking in another lang interesting. Then, saw this couple entering the control…the guy wore a shirt, on the back which says: “This is my Juliet (arrow pt to right)” and the girlfriend wore “(arrow pt to left) This is my Romeo.” Well, I found that funny… haha…then they have to always stand in “Guy left, Girl right” position…lol…if nt the arrows might point to the wrong ppl…LOL.

PH suggested watching either Bourne or Hairspray…I chose the latter cos the 1st one I didn’t watch the previous part of the movie. I rmbed watching Hairspray’s trailer in the theatres and wasn’t too enthu about it. But guess what? I’M WRONG lor!

Can’t rmb when I started liking musicals…this is a movie for musical lovers! The whole feel of the movie is upbeat, upbeat and more UPBEATS! Wonderful vocals, bubbly and sleek dance moves, plus most importantly lively and meaningful songs…made Hair Spray so nice!

Nikki Blonsky’s plump but she’s cute…and when she rebonded her hair near the end…whoa…she reminded me of Kelly Clarkson! Her vocals are beautiful…in fact most of the ppl in the movie can sing very well. Her mum (a guy actually) and Dad were funny too. Zac Efron’s really good-looking (20yrs old nia!)…I noticed him since the trailer. Not many guys can style their hairs like ppl in the 50s, 60s and still look so suave. His blue eyes and “special-angled-smile” (what I call…that Emma Watson and Edison Chen have too) really melts girl’s heart la! I didn’t watch High School Musical but since he’s a musical actor, Zac Efron shld be quite gd a singer I guess.

Speaking of my fav song among all… I love the song whereby the Black woman sang during their demonstration on the streets, calling for blacks and whites to be equals. Her singing is so full of emotion. Their dances are all cute too…and honestly, PH and me moved to the music in our seats even! Haha…since there weren’t many ppl in the theatres.

The unfair treatment to the Blacks in the 60s in America’s society, it was a happy ending in the movie. But to think in reality, is this true? I don’t know since I haven’t been to America but according to sources here and there, true equality in races ain’t really true there, maybe even so anywhere else in the world. People are bound to complain about inequality in races…we can think of so much to complain about “unfairness”, even in SG. I wondered if the happy ending was only what the Blacks dreamed of, since they can’t exactly have it their way in reality. 如果快乐只是画面上的,那就叫做“安慰”。

Nvm…we can always look at the bright side, like how the Blacks did in the movie…always enjoying each other’s accompany.
So what if there was only a small community of us?
So what if others can’t appreciate?
We can always find fun our own way.

*In the midst of searching…“Hair Spray OST”.*
Rating: 4/5

Had dinner at Swensens. The new menu was so cool… I tried one of the “healthier choice” pasta, chicken-mushroom pasta. VERY NICE…nicer than black pepper pasta. PH tried the Salmon baked rice…she said salty though. We ordered topless 5: Hazelnut, Sticky Choc, Vanilla, Mango and Cookies n Cream. Yummy~ Well, of course our chat was nice…though my voice was…erm…going off all the time. Lol.

Listened to DBSK’s songs on the train back. We were discussing bout their English and all…so cute. MY just ended her exam today as well, so PH said that they were planning for a farewell dinner with me…just seeing when ppl are free. Come to think of it ppl…do make it quick ah…2 more wks before I fly off to China nia and time actually flies in case u guys don’t realise haha.

*15 more days and I’m not prepared with my stuffs yet.*

Comments