2…

Office was quieter than usual today. I enjoyed much freedom, did finish my last article on common flu (what I’m experiencing now), listened to songs and even played games! I enjoy this kind of宁静 though, no one calling/disturbing me; not much sound of footsteps….and even the keyboards seem to be asleep all day. How nice it’d be if in future, I hold a job, with such ambience.

Jac, I’d say you be more careful. Even when taking info from eslewhr, change it here and there to make it yours…haha. HL, ah unlucky day for her! I’ve nv met such demanding and rude interviewees…but she didn’t threw temper which is already gd. I mean normal ppl would have blown their tops!

So, the supposedly threesome date became a “couple” one…LOL. Pat and I decided to go Causeway pt to eat and catch “The Secret”, officially the first day the movie’s being screened in SG. Pat said it’s been months since she went there, and was wondering about the changes…haha I replied: “You went China for 5 MONTHS, nt 5 YEARS~”LOL!

Long queues at Pizza Hut, Swensen, Pastamania etc. Everyone celebrating National Day huh? I wanted to eat Swensen at first cos got new dishes, but since too many ppl, me and Pat decided to go Gelare instead. Took some time deciding what to order…I choose the Seafood tomato-sauced pasta and “Banana boat ice-cream” (forgot exact name) while Pat chose the mushroom pasta and Choco temptation. The food there kind of similar to those at Swensen’s, just Swensen got more ice-cream flavours to choose from. The pasta taste gd…(Shit, I think I’m addicted to pasta nowadays!), comes with mushroom soup and garlic bread. Pat was happy when got garlic bread and soup cos she say more划算~haha! Her pasta is creamy man~ but our ice-creams all nice. Mine got big biscuit, a bit diff from Swensen’s, Pat’s one got Coco Crunch! YUMMY. Too bad we ate in a rush cos we rushing to catch the 9.25pm movie, and they serve kinda slow…haiz. Wouls have slowly enjoyed if nt for a after-movie to catch.

*Movie + food = 30bucks gone!*

不能说的·秘密, Jay Chou,自导自演…and now for review!

Just the director’s name alone already enough to attract ppl into the cinema. I’m not sure whether it’s cos I’m a HP fan or what, I find the movie somehow similar to HP. *Hmm… Jay a HP fan too?*

The intro of the credits already have a HP feel. When the scene dropped to the sch, it wowed me even more! Their uniform reminded me of HP, those kind of London boarding sch uniforms. (Just when they did workout in that outfit, I was a bit…erm…speechless.) The whole movie’s got a very HP feel to it la! The sch’s building and piano rm very英式复古style, but somehow I find the way the Taiwanese spoke (esp the 2 ah-bengs) a bit spoil the mood of the decorations leh, this kind of ambience must have more斯文谈吐mah~ Anyway, the scenes/places/views were all very beautiful! *Wonder where are the places?*

开始直接,不拐弯抹角。The love between Jay and Xiao Yu happened super fast, the jokes and sparkles between them, Jay expressed them clearly in front of the cam, straight-cut understood. 真的有初恋小情人的感觉…sweet. Nice to see Jay so amusing too. 最简单的感动,最叫人羡慕的甜蜜,Jay portrayed a first love well.

That’s a sch for music students, just like Hogwarts for magic. I esp liked the piano battle part. “Piano Prince” and Jay compete…wow…you guys look at how their fingers fly on the piano while enjoying their incredible masterpieces being played…absolute享受. If that’s for real, I take my hats off to both of them! Well, that part reminded me of Harry and Draco duelling in HP too, just that the piano fight is much more exciting. The 1st half of the movie is totally thumbs up, plus the funny dad(黄秋生)of Jay…seeing how he danced with Jay or played guitar…either way were cute.

2nd part…complicated. Right now, I can’t exactly rmb the thing of Xiao Yu fast-forwarding to 20yrs later, and later Jay back to 20yrs ago. Jay realised all along he had been dancing (oh the Ah-Go-Go’s nice as well!), talking, playing with no one. No one else could see Xiao Yu except for him. (One qn: How can Sky chat with XY then? Did I see sth wrong? *Rub eyes*) Jay’s dad was XY’s teacher, and XY told him about she meeting his son 20yrs later. Sad to say, everyone tot that she was nuts. Classmates teased her badly; Mum bought her mental illness’s medicine…当相信自己的就只有自己, XY became depressed.

The part whereby Jay and Xiao Yu communicate using liquid paper, scribbling on the table…is totally like Harry communicating with Voldemort through Tom Riddle’s diary. The writings on “Secret” piano score resembled that of those on Marauder’s map as well. All the melodies/songs in the movie were very easy on the ears, makes ppl wanna buy if there’s a soundtrack haha!

In the end, the part whereby Jay played on the old piano, the computer animation was obvious. Did he die in the end? Not sure. He simply met Xiao Yu back 20yrs ago. Haha… I thought he would leap another 20yrs forward and go to maybe… 2019? The secret revealed in the end wasn’t anything exciting, but happy ending for them. Many media ppl gave gd rating for this movie, but for me, hmm… the time machine thing didn’t work for me la… made me so blur.

Seriously, the time machine thing can’t happen in reality.
虽然我们都知道现实生活不可能像电影这样,
但我们可以选择相信最简单的爱情。
不是穿越时空,不是为了什么不能说的秘密,
单纯只为他/她。


After the movie, all that was in my mind was Jay Chou’s 白色风车chorus part…dunno why…kept thinking of“你说不该再相见只为了瞬间。。。”. Guess it fitted the movie storyline ba.

Rating: 3.5/5 (Given 4 if nt for the complicated part.)

Thought of this song lyric after the movie…hmm…using the piano as an instrument… 小心翼翼, 牵引着湘伦与小雨的爱情.

说好不能没有你
一个音符
一种旋律
你在弹琴
我在聆听
手指在琴键上蜻蜓点水 跳跃着
音乐在我耳边轻声细语 旋转的

一首歌曲
还没完毕
你的身影悄悄从我身边逃离
我不要想你所以才不断找寻
CHORUS:
别留我一个人对天空叹气
说好不会放弃
我会用一百颗心为你谱曲
说好不能欠你
躲在最熟悉的老钢琴背后
谁听了都心碎
说好不会忘记
说好不能没有你


一次拥抱
一点呼吸
看你开心
我很放心
我们的默契牵手在琴上拍拖
我们的歌曲哼了好久没停过

暧昧甜蜜
还要继续
但是你却在我没注意时逃离
留下香味线索要我不断找寻
(CHORUS)
一个音符
一种旋律
你在弹琴
我在聆听
手指在琴键上蜻蜓点水 习惯你
在我耳边轻声细语所以 才确定
自己不能没有你

*HL, me and Pat took “Lover’s seat” in cinema o!*

Comments