北京之旅

Sat: Woke up at 5am…very tired. Wore like 4 layers of clothes on top and 3 layers at the bottom…stepped out of hostel…wind was blowing crazily.

All of us set off ard 6.20am…headed for杭州机场. 朱青青was our tour guide again…ok la…nt bad. Dreadful thing was tat there’s still当代hwk for us to do…3000words on 1 of the place we visited in北京…sian ah~

After like 1hr+ pf bus ride, reached airport at and we took the 8am flight. I sat at seat No.8A with WT beside me. Window seat definitely nice…could see e views clearly, when the plane swerves blah etc. The flight up scared me abit cos it gt my heart feeling like wat u feel when a bus drives down a slope. 2-3times I got the feeling…once almost grabbed hold of WT lol.
*Cloud looking like candy floss…
Houses like mini-cakes…
How small can I be?*


The western meal provided was super tasty, even though I usually dun like bacon meat, I still finished the whole slice leh! Btw, the steward announced the weather as“六度”in Chi, “-6degrees celcius”in Eng…21degrees Fahrenheit…made me blur. Funny was tat it didn’t snow in Bei Jing leh…even though those lakes froze on the surface.

Reached at 10.05am…landing was smooth. Lucky the weather nt bad. When I 1st stepped out of the airport, tot the weather wasn’t as freezing as I tot, but when I got onto the bus, realised my skin already “peeled”…those on my hands. Indeed, the air in Bei Jing is dry compared to humidity in Hang Zhou.

We went to have lunch…8菜1汤at a very古代de restaurant. Nth nice, very salty too. WZ wasn’t feeling well since she got down the plane, so she didn’t eat much. One of the “waitress”(aka“奴婢”) there was wearing the古代装sia…even the shoes…so cool!
Next, we took bus to天安门广场. Very cold with the stupid wind blowing. Some of them de ears got painful. My toes were numb and painful too…took some photos there. Then went to故宫…super huge place…palace after palace.毛主席纪念堂…finally see in person. Some changes were made to the intended journey later. We went秀水街shopping centre instead cos Ah Cheng they all say we need to get more things to keep ourselves warm when we go to长城on the 2nd day. 李导游said it would be double/triple times colder than the temp we experienced on the 1st day. The place very “cosmopolitan”…a lot of洋人、Korean、Japanese、Blangadesh etc race. The店员there knew some English oso…haha…prefer工联still. We need to find暖脚贴but couldn’t find…those店主very unhelpful de…ask them everything dunno. So, Jac, me and QW went to opp. road de Twins Tower购物中心, as suggested by李导. QW wanted to buy some sweet potatoes on the way, then realised her wallet gt missing! Think somebody pickpocketed it.
*你很坚强…我佩服. Sorry if I haven’t showed enough care.*

The Twins Tower shopping centre totally for有钱人go one lor! Very ex…all branded stuff…saw 5-digit de pricing even! We went to buy Mac and Subway before boarding bus to this 3-star hotel. Stayed at北京贯通现代酒店…going to be 3 nights’ stay there. Dinner was delicious compared to lunch. Nice fish、大白菜and豆腐. Night Wu Jing helped us all bought 3 pairs of暖脚贴(RMB22)each. Jac and I stayed in rm No.333. MZ decided to jio all “ex-SPH interns” go disco…but since we got to go climb the tiring长城the next day, the meeting was cancelled. She’s having attachment in BJ as well.

Sun: Woke up at 6.45am…had some breakfast (Udon noodle kind). Michelle’s lips got so terribly painful that she cried. The bus journey to八达岭长城took 1hr+…the area was near蒙古…so the weather somehow gt colder. Think I broke record for wearing the most layers of clothes in life today: 5layers on top, 3 layers below, a mask, gloves…lucky no strong wind. The weather, even though cold until u dun realise你在流鼻涕, my toes got super numb and painful after stepping out of the bus for like 10mins nia! HL, WZ, Michelle and I climbed until like 2 stops nia give up le! The slope up can get as steep as 70degrees lor~ Imagine climbing up and down there, plus all the thick clothings…super exhausting! We took photos, bought sth…spent RMB38.50. The sceneries were beautiful! But Great Wall can reach really high…definitely a sight to see. One of the 8th wonders in the world…当之无愧!
Lunch was super nice! Bought some土产, amounting to RMB113.50. Went to明十三陵nex. Saw朱棣tomb…his coffin buried behind and under a big patch of land…exact location unknown. Saw Russian tour guide too…cool.
Dinner wasn’t appetising at all. Jac, WZ, Michelle, HL and I went to hotel nearby de樱花东街to shop…nth much…clothes kinda ex. Got Mac burger to eat again. Took cab back with Jac and Michelle. The taxi uncle was super polite…better than ZJ one, honestly.
*The hotel counter lady told us to walk to樱花东街…:“1个小时罢了。”…whoa piang…China ppl can really ta-han walking leh!*

Mon:
*杭州snow了! We don’t get to see…haiz…SGreans are like “mini-suns”, wherever we go there’s no snow…juz like in北京now haha!*

Woke up at 6am…has the same breakfast as we had ysd morning…supposed to go off at 7.30am, in the end left at ard 8.30am cos 4 ppl were late, 1 went while 3 others didn’t go. Got a bit不爽cos they made the whole bus wait for them.
Reached中国传媒大学at 9+am…e guard dun let us in…害us“塞车”there! Lol~ Climbed the stairs up to 5th flr…tired. Intro meeting with the副院长of tat U. Showed us some facilities from the sch…some NP FMS student did de video work…nice one. Doubt I would come here study though…cos the toilet is very dirty, weather cold,交通nt very convenient etc.
The lunch provided by the sch was full of醋味…more than 10dishes. *“好客”China ppl* 85% got vinegar de dishes mace Jac kinda pissed off haha! Too salty, too sour were the dishes…hard to pick out a fav.
Sth lol happened. Michelle decided to打包 some buns back to bus for Jac to eat. The waitress came to take the buns and put them into the盒子. I tot wat Michelle did was considerate…so this blurted out: “狗奴才,不错!” haha! Juz at this moment, others said the waitress de face turned black cos she tot I was referring to her! Michelle laughed, HL quicked apologised lol! I was like: “Erm…nt referring to her ah!”
Nex went to yíng和园…huge place…shaped like the map of SG! Walked 728m长的长廊! Oso, Michelle, QW, HL, WZ and I walked on ice! 1st time in life that I actually walked on such big patch of ice…the whole frozen lake! Some ppl walked very far lor…but cos when QJ jumped down, she stepped onto thin ice and it broke…so her whole feet got wet. Then the ppl from above grd shouted down tell李导to bring us back. She brought us to another side to walk back. WZ and Michelle still taking photo along the way. I tried jumping and stamping on ice…tough leh! Hl literally “skated” across cos her boots were slippery haha.
Many ppl wanted to eat北京烤鸭…so we went to便宜坊(pronounced as biàn yí fāng). Before tat went to虹桥市…HL and WZ bought tees…I stayed on bus cos given half an hr to shop nia…不爽haha. The“鸭宴”costed RMB50 per person. Honestly, I prefer the one at舟山cos the sauce here’s too salty! I got腻of duck meat very fast then. WZ and HL still considering tml go全聚德eat duck meat cos Ah Cheng, Pat and CL said very nice. At night, Michelle, Jac, QW, WZ and I played “Big 2” in my hotel rm. I won RMB7 in all…Michelle lost almost 5bucks…haha…poor beginner~

Tues: *Here I am typing this blog in the middle of the night…already Weds now…2am.*
Cleared and packed up our stuffs in the morning, ready to go back to ZUCC after today. 1st item was to go瞻仰毛泽东遗容. Tight security…macham wat u go thru at the airport. *Stupid belt metal…always害我go thru the scan thing and it beeps…noisy.*
Fast and silent walk…queues and queues of tourist and China ppl gg in to see this great leader of China. When I saw his preserved body, shocked lor.导游said his body already shrunk compared to a few yrs ago when she saw it.
*辽宁省got -30degrees celcius now!? God…I can’t even survive 5mins there I reckon.*
Went straight to王府井next. Saw和Shèn de residence…huge. This 太监-looking guy ah…biggest贪官of清代、贪污了乾隆年间10+年的国库财富…still gt a lot of ppl interested in him cos of his weird thinkings. Example his house build slopes instead of steps cos he think slope means一帆风顺in life and nt一步一步、very辛苦. Another thing was tat he stole康熙wrote de“福”字. We watched some stunt performance at the大剧院 *MM LKY oso watched before wor!*…wonderful~
I bought 2 necklace (RMB140) for both grandmas and another 2 (RMB40) for parents. Last thing of the北京trip was自由行for us…at王府井street. Almost whole stretch was rich, branded things la…so ex. We went the小吃街to eat…oso more ex than舟山food. The火锅虾丸汤(RMB16)was so-so.
*The waiter there tot we were Taiwanese…lol. Do we sound so much like Taiwanese? Haha…I’m enjoying被人“误会”的感觉!*
I shopped alone at the 6th flr bookstore there, but got nth in the end. Wanted to buy墨镜but in the end gave up cos kinda ex…and I’m on the verge of becoming broke…so have to save up somehow.
*Seeing DBSK (a-nation 07 performance) huge on the big screen outside shopping centre is so cool la! They very handsome ah~*
Gathered at 5pm, went to the restaurant we were supposed to have dinner at but cos it was under construction, Ah Cheng dun want us to eat at such an unhygienic place. So, Michelle, WZ, HL and I followed Ah Cheng to全聚德to eat the famous北京烤鸭. Honestly, I wasn’t satisfied with it. The sauce was as salty as the previous one we had at便宜坊. Just tat the duck skin is more crispy, and the soup more tasty. The面皮was ok…铁观音was nice though. It costed like RMB64.
Went to airport and took the 9.20pm flight back to ZJ. The air steward was handsome lor…*HL’s saliva dripping…lol!* But he’s married haha! Anyway, the点心provided was水饺and some fruits…nt bad. Back at hostel at 12+am and blogging since haha~

*Some dirty China fellows spatted on the plane! YUCKS~*

*杭州下雪我们却无缘看见!郁闷啊!*

30kg…工联final shopping!

Morning woke up at 10+am…went to舟山with HL and QW. QW got her specs made, I went to order the thick-framed black spec at宝丽眼镜…RMB188. Went over to雪亮眼镜to see lenses…shld be ard RMB180. We went to小长今and I had my泡菜寿司…nice. HL wanted to order五花肉at 1st, dun hav then changed to梅肉…still dun have. In the end, both of us shared a plate of bbq-ed Unagi and she ate another plate herself…HL loved the skins sia~

Went工联, 明珠, 购书中心and Pizza Hut with Michelle, WZ and HL. I spent a lot today leh…3 tops, 2 pairs of shoes, CDs, DVDs, accessories etc…plus dinner at Pizza Hut (Salmon Pasta, choco ice-cream cake, fried sotong)…altogether ard: RMB 400+. A lot of the ppl there tot tat I’m from either Korea or Japan or广州…haha…the diff in our口音. *I tot Korean and Japanese dunno how to speak mandarin?*
Saw ZH and JL at明珠, then Alex and KH at购书中心. My god…KH was carrying a thick pile of西游记小说with him~ ready to be cargoed…scary ah~

Came back and packed up things…so tiring and scary…too scared that my luggage can’t fit all the things and the weight matter. *Packing up is always a headache, to me.*

*雪花飘飘in杭州! So cool and beautiful to see snow! 1st time in my life leh~wonderful!*

*人can be so假. But honestly, as long as they dun talk bad or do anything bad to me, I’m too lazy to bother…treating them as classmates will do.*

Comments