Quirkology: How We Discover the Big Truths in Small Things

Hmm... Pranoy's“口头禅” atm is... "silly-vini-mobini~" LOL.
A joke from him: "How do you make time fly?"

Ans: "Throw the clock out of the window." LOL

Was exploring my digi cam in the afternoon... ah nth much to read up on the manual mah~ Lifeplanner Goh came at night, with Mr Toh... talked about upgrading of my family member's insurance plans. Ah... and I'm listening to all these nowadays... imagine~ I'm really grown up liao sia lol. Part-time life planner? Hmm... earning 5-fig a mth sounds really rich, but then again tough. *Me doing insurance? Ah... can't seem to pic it leh lol.*

Finally finished the book "Quirkology: How We Discover the Big Truths in Small Things" by Richard Wiseman.I think my bio cher Ms Sally Pang once told me that scientists are the most闲空ppl in the world. That's why they hav the time to go and do experiments... some so无聊tat normal ppl weren't bother to think of it! And in "Quirklogy", Richard Wiseman and his fellow friends went into experiments to test if ppl born in Summer are luckier in life? If friday the 13th is so full of bad luck? If astrology actualli tells ur personality? If men and women laugh at the same jokes? Oh and for the record in the book, Singaporean's walk the fastest in the world lol~ *Yeah, this scientist simply sit down somewhr and record the average time taken for 60men and women to cover 60-foot stretch of pavement haha!*

However, I guess I'm more interested in "Explorations into the Psychology of Humour". A quote from the book: "In the 1940s, a man named Ernest Scribbler thinks of the joke, writes it down, and promptly dies laughing. The joke turns out to be so funny that it kills anyone who reads it." Later, even translation for this joke had to be done one word at a time lol.

A few jokes I laughed "loudly-inside" while on the train, reading them:

1. Sherlock Holmes and Dr.Watson were gg camping. they pitched their tent under the stars and went to slp. Sometime in the middle of the night Holmes woke Watson up and said: "Watson, look up at the stars, and tell me wat u see." Watson replied "I see millions and millions of stars." Holmes said: "And wat do u deduce from tat?" Watson replied: "Well, if there are millions of stars, and if even a few of those hav planets, it's quite likely there are some planets like Earth out there, there might oso be life." And Holmes said: "Watson, you idiot, it means that somebody stole our tent."

2. An idiot was walking alongside a river when she spied another idiot on the other side of the river. The 1st idiot lied yelled to the 2nd idiot: "How do I get to the other side?" The 2nd idiot responded immediately: "You're already on the other side!"

3. A guy goes to the hospital for a check-up. After wks of tests, a doctor comes to see him and says that he has some good news and some bad news for him. "What's the bad news?" asks the man. "I am afraid we think that u have a very rare and incurable disease," says the doc. "Oh, my God, that's terrible," says the man. "What's the gd news?" "Well," replies the doc, "we are gg to name it after u."

4. A man goes to the doc and has a check-up. At the end of the examination, he turns to the doc and asks how long he has to live. The doc replies, "Ten." The guy looks confused, and says, "Ten what? Years? Months? Weeks?" The doc replies, "Nine, eight, seven..."

I love the jokes above haha... hilarious. Anyway, I liked the "Q" experiment as well... tells if u're a frequent and gd lier or not. I did asked some of my friends... most of them ain't haha... me too.

Rating: 3.25/5

Comments