Mother’s Day, Speed Racer

*未来真的还是要靠自己去创造的吧?*

Went out to dinner with dad, mum, grandma and bro on Sunday night.
Filled with ppl everywhere… found a seat finally and we waited for like more than half an hr before the dishes came.
Nice一品锅…
Nice马蹄炒豆腐…
Nice柠檬鸡…
Nice清炒豆苗…
And of cos… “nice price” too= $60+.

Ok la maybe nt very ex… and since it’s a family gathering, shan’t bother too much about the price.
And yes…
我没有世界上最快乐/幸福的家庭;
也许也没有给予最多温暖的家;
可家人确是我的全部,也是仅有的唯一。


*The serious-ness is worrying me.*

Matthew’s back from Australia after his leave. I was busy for 3/5 of the day… doubt the MPS name sheet would ever come to an end… sian. Jorrick’s gt Science workshop in sch today, so cancelled tuition and I met up HL to catch “Speed Racer” at Causeway Pt.

Nt because of Rain but the rating in the papers were kinda gd so I thought since HL wanted to watch as well, y nt give it a try?
As audience, we were totally being thrown into a “3D-visual-cum-cartoon” world. Everything, except for the humans, looked like things that might exist in 2100 or later. 拍摄手法新颖, all those flashback scenes were fast and straight to the pt.
故事情节对我而言造变得不重要,光是花近100分钟让双眼盯着那些炫目的特效已使我眼花缭乱。Most of the time, I couldn’t even figure out whoever’s car exploded or whatever happened in the middle of the game… I was simply following (“hypnotised” I guess) what the race analysts were saying.
Well still, I’d have to agree with HL that the two actors who portrayed the male lead’s elder bro (before and after plastic surgery) were gd-looking. Nt forgetting“小老人”and his “chimp-chimp” who were so funny and extra… esp during the scene before Speed and his gf kissed. As for Rain, he didn’t stood out in the show honestly… one can forget about Tae-jo easily.

或许正因为虚幻/虚拟,
所以也就不用你们去思考什么。
累了一整天,要嘛就回家倒头大睡;
不然就到戏院体验一下“脑筋大震荡”:让大脑纯受大量特效画面的刺激和激烈轰炸后。。。晚上可能更容易呼呼大睡~哈哈。


Rating: 3/5
Reason: I think I’m still more into stories that make me think and reflect, as well as fantasies… though nt the “cartoon” sort. 但叫我屏住呼吸和大笑的地方还是有的。

Comments