Uni grad trip to South Korea day 9-10: 29th-30th May 2013

MT went for massage and Zimzilbang alone, while SS, Jenny and I went to Ewha st again to do some last min shopping. *Din go for railbiking at Yangpyeong nor visit One Mount's snow place as planned.* We walked other alleys that we missed out previously, and the first thing I bought was a pair of shoes (17000won) and wore it on the spot~ dumped my old canvas flats away haha. Then, we saw a shop selling men's clothes, and gosh I saw the same tee sold at Doota! thr~ there were much more designs and each piece was cheaper by 2000won o. Couldn't resist temptation and bought tee and shirt for dad and bro again haha.
I bought a bracelet (7000won) which I saw previously yet couldn't bear to buy. *一见钟情的东西真的很难忘呢!* We found a shop that sells all sorts of cosmetics and skincare brands, with 20-30discounts off almost everything thr~ and so I bought 2 bottles of It's Skin's power10 solution. Oh we also bought skarfs, before randomly entering an eatery that sells ra-men for lunch.
We shared their bimbap as usual, and hey it's weird how come all their bimbaps taste just as nice!? Haha. Each of us tried their common food: ra-men with egg (3000won)! *Gd food in a cold weather~* After lunch, we hurried to take the subway to the Lotte departmental store in Myeongdong to meet MT and SY.
MT finally bought her MCM bag over thr, but collection would only be at the airport since the duty free pdt isn't Korea's own brand. Oh and from my own exp, I dun think koreans serving tourists in the duty free mall are that friendly towards tourists from China. I rmb us going towards a counter to collect some free gift based on the coupon we hav. The coupon was given to us by IBVille, and there were some Japanese words on it which we dun understand. When we approached a counter thr, the Korean spokesperson was rather unfriendly when we asked in mandarin whr exactly we could get the free gift... she was kinda annoyed, and replied: "This is only for Japanese tourist, not for China tourist...", and shoved us away. Ok it's not as if I need the gift badly, but I dun think it's that nice of them to arrange for gifts especially for tourists from a certain country. *And it's definitely not appropriate to stereotype... speaking mandarin doesn't mean we're from China.* Well, I'm not feeling particularly angry over this matter, juz my two cents.
Jenny and I was so tempted by the fruit jelly we tried at the supermart as the basement, and we bought one packet each, containing 4 different flavours in it (8000won). After that, 5 of us walked back to Myeongdong, and SY sorta fell in love with the place alrdy haha! 
Dinner was in an Italian restaurant thr!
I loved the crackers that came along with my shrimp seafood pasta, but I gt sick of the creamy base soon after, and couldn't finish the meal.
Having heard that YY and YQ has alrdy packed their luggages, and their WT was almost finished with packing up as well, I was thinking if I shld stay in the rm to pack up before leaving 4am the next morning? But SS was so enthu about shopping Myeongdong area for the last time, and pulled Jenny, WT, SY and I out after we showered lol. *没有后悔被说服啦~哈哈!*
SS and Jenny were still buying food last min!? And the "poorest woman among us", miss WT even had to changed SGD20 at the money changer lol~ Oh we didn't give up our idea of eating ice-cream by the roadside again haha~ I'm so missing it nw!
Yes we took a few grp shots before we finally found the last place we wanted to go to: O'sulloc Tea House! We're glad we didn't give up on this one keke! It was packed with ppl, and I almost wanted to leave right away, until SS said thr's a second flr. And when we went up, a table of customer left at the same time, and so we got a table! WT and I went downstairs to order a bowl of green tea ice-cream with red bean (about 15000won)... which was ex but too satisfying!
Will definitely be back for other green tea desserts the nex time I visit Seoul! And so much依依不舍we were, we had to go back to pack our luggages!
Lol~ look at the state of mess in my rm the night before we left! This was during the start of my packing, just when I dumped all the stuffs I bought outside. It's a miracle I spent 2+hrs packing everything nicely neh~ and my check-in luggage weighs 21kg. Took a grp pic just outside my rm, since the staff from IBVille requested for it. *I was so auntie la... with my bedrm slippers lol.*
They took a polariod for us~ and stuck it on their noticeboard!
Saw my signature smiley face? Lol~ After that, we continued to do our packing, and MT and I welcomed XY, WT and SS over to watch "Running Man" at 2+am, since we're not intending to slp anyway.
By 4am, we were packed and done. Our luggages were heavy, and so the cab drivers helped carry them down to their cars. *The ride to Incheon airport costed us 22500won each o.* SS, YQ, WT, Jenny and I were in one car, and we were happily talking at first, and soon everyone fell aslp cos we were too tired le la. *Reflections... discussed and done.*
We reached about 5am~ and it appears the check-in counter opens only at 6.30am, and of cos the tax refund is to be done after check-in. Experienced diarrhoea in morning... think cos I ate a mixture of milk with other tidbits. *I guess everyone feels very tired for not slping, except YY and YQ. 有脾气,大概应该原谅。* We saw the flight service crews bow once their counter opened. Since we need to do tax refund, all of us brought our luggages to the "overweight/irregular-sized baggaging area to check-in our baggages. I can nv forget this funny incident that happened amidst among the blues: I was done with my baggage, and turned away from the belt. WT was right after me, and after she put her luggage vertically on the belt, the customs officer told her to lie the luggage down horizontally instead... and somehw she couldn't get it down. I rmb how“阿萨力”she was lol~ though WT's wearing a dress, she tried to use her right leg to "kick" her luggage to lie it down a few times... looking at her do that was hilarious. I can't help but laughed, and then went up to help her with it. *I thought the officers would have laughed too... but dang their expression was so stern.* We ended up laughing badly, and I told her I will nv forget this in my life LOL! *Oh her actions remind me of what thampui might hav done too lol.* 
By the time we took the train to the departure hall, it was already nearing 8am. Our flight SQ607 was scheduled to depart at 9am. YQ and the rest hurried to spend their korean currencies away lol... I saved about 30k won though... can always use it nex time. 
Met with turbulence otw back, triggered my "fight or flight" response lo. 好不容易困到睡着,却又被气流吓醒. No it wasn't a very serious one (as compared to some I saw on youtube), but still the jerkings annoy me at times. Then again, I muz compliment SIA captain for the smooth landing, as in I don't feel the "roller-coaster-uneasy-droppped-down" feeling, esp when in smaller jets. Reached SG at 2+pm, and WT left first cos her parents were alrdy waiting. XY and YY left later too. Jenny, SS, YQ and I parted after taking our luggages, and MT left with her bf after she took back her Clinique item from the lost and found counter I suppose. I took MRT home, stood all the way and I was really slpy... pulling the 20kg luggage was a burden neh. Well so I reached hm at 5+pm, and after changing my clothes, yes I literally slpt all the way till 11+am nex morning! *I rmb mummy asking me if I wanted to hav dinner, but I was so lazy in bed!* 
Fruitful trip imo. There were much more happier memories than unhappy ones. 10D9N (8 days to be exact) is not enough, but definitely one of the unforgettable memories in my life. Uni graduation signifies a new phase in life is beginning soon, whatever that comes... I can't wait to embrace the exciting happenings and face whatever tough challenges.

Comments