Uni grad trip to South Korea day 3: 23rd May 2013

Mr.慎told us ysd tat he'd come to fetch us at 8.30am today, so we packed our stuffs and checked out Good Hotel Inn in the morning, since we will be leaving Jeju today as well. At first, we were kinda worried if his jumbo cab could fit the 8 of us... plus our luggages? I think Mr.慎was abit taken aback by so many luggages too haha... but still he found his way to squeeze all! The 2 petite ones (YQ and SS) had to sit behind with some luggages lo lol.
We first went to Jeongbang waterfall (1000won per pax), which we missed out ysd. The morning air was cooling and fresh~ not to mention the fabulous view thr!
Think I haven't recovered from "too much exercising" the day before, and this place is filled with some steps as well, so it was a bit tiring for me and my legs. But dang this place is definitely gd for a leisure stroll... if only we could afford more time here. Thr were many local students too... dunno why even though it's a thurs. *Lol I rmb I used to go to小桂林too during pri sch outdoor trips...* All 8 of us took turns to pose infront of the waterfall...
SS and Jenny bought some keychains thr too. Next, we went to the Alive Museum (not Trick Art o~) (9000won)~ to have some "illusion fun"! Worth the money definitely.
Ok I'm not gonna explain much since photos can do them! I gotta admit I realise I'm nt "3D-looking" aft taking the pics haha! Maybe cos I'm not a very "expressive" person in terms of body lang. However, MT can do them very well though! 
The "why's-my-leg-so-long" pose is funny~ look at SS twisting her body and acting cute haha!

Well, thr are "failed poses" since we were so fancinated and hurrying along the way, so didn't really "understand some photos that well", and thus the failed poses haha. Like my legs shldn't be on the "painting" in the above haha~
We took almost 2hrs to finish walking the entire musum. And look at the pic above... Jenny and I "posed" right outside the ladies haha! We walked outside, and thr were almost no one esle in the big dreamy park besides us omg!

Then we walked into this very much cute place before ending our whole tour.
The egg tart (1500won each) was not bad! Mr.慎then drove us to a restaurant for lunch~ and yes I insisted we muz try Jeju's specialty: 黑毛猪肉! The taxi driver was so nice cos he told us beforehand having a meal thr is not that cheap, so he would pay for his own meal instead. *Can't rmb if we treated him in the end, but it's nice of him to inform us.*
WT, SS, Jenny, MT and I don't mind paying more for BBQ pork and seafood, but cos XY don't take seafood, YY and YQ looked like they prefer sth esle, so we split into 2 grps for lunch. 5 of us wanted to order 1 set of many things to share, but somehow the korean auntie couldn't really understand why we wanted to do so... think they expect customers to buy and eat "1 serving for 1 person". *Erm... it would be more ex to order 1 serving per pax lol.* Anyway, she did give in in the end, and allowed us to share, and we ordered like 3bowls of rice to share between 5ppl haha.
Can see a bit of "black fur" I think on the meat? The auntie was nice enough to help us BBQ it~ and dang the oil was sizzling! And since we're in Korea, I think thr's a need to "learn and eat like a Korean"... so even though we're used to simply "eating the meat with rice alone", all of us picked up the veggie and starting putting the meat, sauce, onion, seaweed, kimchi etc and wrapped it up~ down it in one bite~ shiok! I dunno how to describe the taste but it's a mix of all that's in my mouth haha~ 挺有饱足感的! The seafood, which has always been my fav, was bagus! 汤头有很浓的海鲜味道,鲍鱼既有弹性又软嫩~一口真的不够!There's also real crab meat, prawns, oysters, clams etc... omg this is wat I call "seafood soup" k! *And I think the wonderful thing is... everything can be eaten... wrapped with lettuce haha!* The meal costed 17980won per pax... which amts to about SGD20... worthy!
Well the photo below is taken at the foot of Songaksan and it's also one of the place whr Korean drama serial "大长今"'s filming took place at. We had no time to go into the man-made caves, nor take the ferry to Marado Island or even try the submarine ride.
Poor SS accidentally dropped her bf's new cam here, and scratched the lens... muz be so painful. Our next destination was the Glass Castle! We got a discount of 1000won thks to Mr.慎, and paid 8000won each.
Somehow I think the place would look even more prettier at night... but the place closes at 6pm lol. The mirror maze reminds me of one I went before at Sci ctr long ago and another time in China. *The one at sci ctr was really diff to differentiate... I kept on knocking into the mirrors oops haha!*
Love the mini glass miniatures! The glass doll and the western orchestra band looks grand. The colourful glass houses and its neighbourhood was even more fancinating! *I love things that are delicate, small... and best colourful! How I wish I could live in thr haha~* 
The sun is burning as usual in the afternoon. It's hot and dry in South Korea btw... 阳光的晒是刺刺的,所以我都sun-burnt了~变黑了。Then again, the dryness caused the cuticle and skin ard my fingertips to peel... poor them. So I've thought that if I were to visit Korea in Summer again, I will definitely rmb to bring cap, shades, sunblk and moisturising cream! *Even my cam feels warm sometimes... lucky the casing acts as a protective cover.*
We couldn't take it, so took a small rest at a glass cafe halfway... omg the blast of air-con was great! *They gt water dispenser, free for customers... so I quickly filled my bottle with ice-cold water haha!* 
Some of the glass sculptures amazes me, very pretty, and blame the hot weather we'd wanted to leave the place faster. 
XY and I randomly posed beside the mascots before leaving Glass Castle. Funny how we're supposed to look like we're saying "Thank u~ pls come again", and yet we looked like we're mourning... ehhem!
Finally, time has come for us to say "good-bye" to Jeju! Mr.慎drove us to Jeju airport, and we had a final grp photo... big thks for your pleasant attitude and service sir! SS found a great taxi uncle for us, and I'm sure all of us enjoyed his accompaniment! *Keke...他也应该很荣幸啦~8个美女陪伴他两天neh!*
It was 3+pm when we reached the airport, and so we did an early check-in for our Eastar jet ZE222 flight. The plane was initially scheduled to fly off at 5pm, but due to some prob, it was delayed about 50mins later... nearly 6pm. *The flight attendants announced everything in Korean at the airport... so 8 of us simply followed the queue... a bit blindly la haha.* 
XY and I were sitted together on the plane again haha. And "lucky" us... no one sat next to XY this time round haha~ we were basically talking about travelling stuff on the plane. *WT is so random... she was touching my palms and then commented: "Your hands so soft... nv do housework right?" LOL.*
Already 7+pm by the time we came out of the arrival hall at Gimpo airport but the sky still ain't dark. 8 of us were "so blind" that we actualli missed out the driver from IBVille sitting right outside, holding the board that shows WT's "big name"! We split into 2 jumbo cabs, WT, SS, Jenny, YQ and I were in one, and oh I was so tired to take any pics otw to IBVille at Myeongdong. *We were on the topic of plastic surgery haha~* Anyway, it's kinda easy to recognise the busy and bustling myeongdong... knew it once we were in the area. The 45mins jumbo cab fare ride provided by IBVille costed us 11250won each, from Gimpo airport. Had to carry our luggages up a rather narrow stretch of staircase, but gd that most of us (except YY and XY) were staying in lvl 1 rms. *Mich's rm was juz nex to me and MT's... we were in rm111!* Paid the remaining 70% stay amt of 148250won each... anyway we're all staying in the twins rm, which is 60000 won per rm per night stay... which converts to approx. SGD240 per pax for the 7nights of stay.
I like yellow colour haha! Funny how we had a step-up balcony behind our beds, and I joked that since MT liked to drink... we could talk HTHT and hav soju one of the nights lol... which we nv did cos we were mentally tired almost everyday!
Met Mich while we walked towards Myeongdong, and together we found the famous“明洞饺子”... had dinner inside the main branch!
WT, SS, Jenny, MT and I had a bowl of刀削面each (8000won each), and shared两笼饺子(16000won) too~ 20 in all! 
Everything was yummy, except for the kimchi tasted a tad too spicy imo. I dunno if they were too hungry or wat cos they almost finished everything~ well I've got like 1/3 noodles unfinished, sadly. After dinner, Mich brought us to Namdaemun, which she said was within walking distance.
Dunno why but it seems most of the shops were already closed neh. The girls simply went into a specs shop to enquire for glasses which they intended to make in Seoul. We passed by Paris Baguette otw back to our guesthouse too! *Omg there were so many outlets thr!* 
The walk from exit 7 of Myeongdong stn to IBVille was about 5-7mins up a slope... again lol!? *sorta used to it after 5-6days of walking to and from thr though...* Oh a better thing than the inn at Jeju was that thr's working air-con at IBVille lol... well nt that we need it in Jeju la haha.

Comments