Uni grad trip to South Korea day 1: 21st May 2013

*And so I calculated how much amt I'd exchanged for the trip: SGD1.5k = 1313k won!*
Was kinda excited about the whole trip, since it's gonna be 10D9N in South Korea, and we'd plan the itineraries ourselves! We were scheduled for SQ600's flight at 8am on tues morning. I took the 2nd or 3rd MRT down, and only managed to reach Changi airport T3 by 6.45am... other girls were alrdy thr. *Promo price for round-way trip on SIA... $788.60 per pax... worth!* We took a grp pic just before boarding the plane!
 
 
XY, YY, MT and I were sitting at the back row, while YQ, WT, SS and Jenny were sitted a row in front of us. MT and I were watching the "Running Man" episode that was released that week on the plane haha! 6.5hrs passed in the blink of an eye, and we touched down at Incheon airport! Incheon airport gives ppl the feeling of spaciousness, as compared to Changi's garden theme. *I muz compliment how clean most toilets are in Jeju and Seoul! Their energy-saving lights are great ideas too.* We took a shuttle train to the arrival hall... see how "tourist-y" we looked!?
 
It's our first time in S.Korea, and as we had to catch the AREX train to Gimpo airport for our connecting flight to Jeju Island, we hurried ard and looked for directions once we came out of Incheon's arrival hall. Managed to buy the T-Pass (2500won) at the convenience store, and walked to the AREX area to top-up our cards (20k won) take the commuter line to Gimpo airport. *Almost scared me out of my wits when I thought we took the wrong Express line train... which would travel nearly half an hr non-stop to Seoul stn!*
 
 
An irritating bee appeared in the cabin not long after we sat down. Caused some panic among the gals haha. Anyway, the scenery along the way were a mixture of buildings and nature... WT said it reminded her of China haha.
 
After 30mins or so, we got down at Gimpo stn. Had to walk for 5mins or so to Eastar's counter.
 
 
Finally did our check-in for the domestic flight Eastar Jet ZE227 to Jeju, that takes off ard 7.30pm Korea time. *Lucky we'd plan to go Jeju first then Seoul, if not we will definitely exceed the baggage-check in weight of 15kg per pax!* Then, we decided to look ard nearby to settle our dinner!
 
 
 
"Food O.Clock" looked like a canteen that sells traditional korean food, and there weren't many ppl there at that time, and in the end I ordered the kimchi tofu stew (7800won), same as SS and Jenny. *The cashier couldn't really understand Eng nor Mandarin... so we ended up比手划脚a lil haha.* The side dishes (except for the raddish) were weird, so I didn't really finish them. The main stew was not bad though imo. 
Spent some time at a nearby convenience store to buy breads for breakfast the next morning, as planned. And soon it was nearing time for boarding, and so we dragged our baggages and off we go~ The sunset was beautiful btw.
 
 
XY and I were sitted next to each other on the plane, while the rest of the girls were sitted on the other side. XY loves the cute theme in the plane haha.
 
 
 
 
An epic incident happened to me and XY lol. XY was busy snapping photos in the plane, when suddenly this guy (in business attire) happened to come into her frame I think, and she blurted out kinda loudly: "对不起,我没有要拍你的意思。" I LOL-ed when I heard that lo... didn't expect XY to react this way haha. What's more epic is that this guy actually walked beside her, and told us in Korean that his seat (pointing) was the one beside mine. Okie besides the fact that he dressed quite well on the outside, both of us didn't bother him throughout the 1hr flight. *I wanna complain about the pilot... the way he'd降落was kinda unsteady... 害我这个有惧高症的人直吓了3次!* Just when we were about to alight, XY suddenly told me she has sth to tell me... after we alight.
During that short while while we waited for the airport bus to come drive us to the building, XY told me if I'd noticed the guy beside me just now? I thought he was only slping cos I did see him lying his head near the back of the seat in front of him. "He was digging his nose, and stuck the shit on the back of the seat..." Wat the!? So disgusting neh! Lol~ whatever XY said "killed" all my first impression of his good mannerism. *外表好看而已……* Being "gossip gals", we spread this among our clique and everyone was simply... disgusted haha. *Omg I saw the guy kept looking our way when we talked... hopefully he didn't understand Eng nor Mandarin haha.* 
 
We reached Jeju airport when it was 9+pm! Had to catch the airport limo bus no.600 (5000won) to our hotel inn. We were kinda lucky to catch the bus at the airport the min we reached, but the bus uncle was kinda unfriendly neh... didn't even help 8 weak gals put our luggages on the bus. 
We sat at the back of the bus. Deducted the fare from our T-pass and we began chit-chatting on the journey. The streets were kinda dark, and the way the driver sped was a lil' scary. It was less than an hr when we alighted at "New Kyungnam Tourist Hotel" stop. We had no idea whr to walk, so Jenny and I walked into the convenience store opposite us to ask for directions. *Phew lucky the cashier uncle knew whr "Hotel Good Inn" is at, so he roughly drew a map for me.* Dang we were so happy with the map cos it only shows 3 junctions down and we will reach Hotel Good Inn. And so 8 of us walked in the chilly cold (temp was between 15 to 20degrees celcius I reckon?). I was looking out for the "blue sign" that other tourists commented online, and lucky I saw it~ and the korean characters literally translated to "Hotel Good Inn"! It looked like it was on a hill slope though, in case we walked the wrong way, Jenny and I asked another young lad in another convenience store otw. It took us about 15mins before we found the slope up our hotel inn. *Oh man the slope was very steep~ pulling the luggages added on to our burden neh!* 
The owner was at the door... expecting us I think. We were all panting like crazy lol. He doesn't really speak Eng, so I used my "limited korean" to talk to him when he asked how we found our way etc. Then, he asked 2 Singaporean girls down as well... the 2 NTU business girls were kinda helpful cos SS, Jenny and I went into their rm in the middle of the night, and they told us some places they'd been to in Jeju, and treated us to Tangerine Margarita and strawberries. 
*The uncle was eating bimbap in the kitchen when I saw him the 2nd time I came down the lobby, and he treated us to the bimbap~ yummy!*
We stayed on the 4th flr. It was 2+am by the time MT and I turned in after showering... basically spent our 1st day travelling and getting to our hotel inn in Jeju.

Comments