2011 JYJ Unforgettable Live Concert in Japan + 남자가 사랑할 때 + job interviews + gatherings + Man of Steel

*A long week has passed... been thru boredom and fun... getting real busy from now on it seems.*
"2011 JYJ Unforgettable Live Concert in Japan" looked as if JYJ were really having some fun there... a pleasant concert in all. Their singing were stable and good most of the time, but I really missed DBSK as 5members haha. Yoochun's solo moment was a feature of sexy interpretation of his song... woo looking smexy! *Somehow I don't like how Yoochun uses“喉音”too much when he sings... sounds like he's trying too hard beside the two other members, who are alrdy known for their great vocals.* I loved Junsu's "You Are So Beautiful", and JaeJoong's rendition of "지켜줄께" too. Then again, their harmony amazes ppl at times... "In Heaven" blew me away.

Rating: 4/5
"남자가 사랑할 때" stars송승헌and신세경as the leads. 송승헌is this "pure" gangster that fell in love with신세경when he saw her, and even though the two has a huge age gap (both in drama and reality), and that송승헌was the boss in the company, he is still madly in love with신세경, an employee in his company. As a young girl with dreams and ambitions, 신세경didn't want to settle down early, and somehow연우진shares her viewpoints too... so신세경fell for연우진some point in the drama. 
I thought송승헌was such a poor thing inside... how痴情can he get lol!? He almost gave in in every way lo. 신세경is pretty, and she looked like Hebe from some angles. Though I thought the 2 leads looked more like "bro and sis" standing together, but I'm happy they sorta got together... 毕竟绕了一大圈,有情人终成眷属嘛~

Rating: 3.75/5

Bad state SG was in last wk due to haze. Ppl were panicking about the PSI lvl. Though there's the bad news about crazy price-rise in the masks sold, I'm still happy to see news of some citizens giving out brewed tea and free masks to those in need... we all need warmth in society, don't we? WZ and I went Ksuites on sat to sing~ finally satisfied our "long-enough-craving" for singing lol.
Went for 2 job interviews on mon and tues. The bilingual copywriter job for New York Skin Solutions at IMM seems to require lotsa creativity. I was asked to write headline and body text in 2 languages on the spot, and an SMS+ of 120 Eng characters. Well, the result wasn't that good, after hearing the manager's comments. *Honestly, I was a lil' tempted when the HR mentioned AWS + 2mths' VB annually. Then again, I dunno how true that was.*
It was my 2nd round of interview at STC on tues, with the VP of Corp Comms. It took about an hr, and I think there was one pt of time when I felt I almost couldn't answer him... so much so that I didn't really understand what I was talking/explaining lol. He interviewed me in Eng at first, then switched to Mandarin halfway thru. *We were on one qn for quite some time cos I couldn't really get what he meant exactly lol!* He roughly listed out my job scope for the beginning, and after some discussion, I seem to see some career advancement in future. Though it would take some time, I reckon it's worth if the company is willing to groom me, like what he said. Towards the end, he started to ask me qns he told me "not related to this position", but I thought those qns must have tested my communication abilities too haha. Anyway, I had a feeling STC needs me for the role in some ways, and that I can probably learn and go much further from the opportunities that this position has got to offer. 
有时候,我总觉得自己看到好多人,最初抱有那么多热忱和炽热的梦想,但随着岁月的流逝,初衷却已无所踪。好可惜。朋友都说我因为知道自己要什么,所以不会感到茫然。但坦白说,高中以前还真不知道以后的人生要干嘛呢。选择了中文系也是冲着“喜欢这个语言”的理由选修的,根本没关心以后的事业该/要/会如何发展?或许是天时、地利与人和,让我有机会接触到娱乐记者这份工作,而且还挺喜欢的。*感谢“初恋” SPH让我掌握了一些技能,学以致用,因它我有机会找到现在的“男朋友”。以后的路不论怎样,大概都会一直带着感恩的心踏上路程。* 我不否认一直想找机会在这里发展下去,但现实未必能如愿。回过头来想一想,我的视野也设得太狭小了一些,是时候放眼看看外界,毕竟发展的机会到处都有,就看我愿不愿意walk out of my comfort zone罢了。学到了一些东西,让我认清工作的世界最讲究的是“独立”和“想法”这回事。*“同事”和“朋友”的一线之差,永远在那份有心的问候/关心上。前者不易成为后者。* Atm, I'm glad I'm doing careful consideration for my own future.
恼人的是:是人都坚持不住而变得complacent,还是complacency吞噬了梦想?我害怕事业上的一事无成,而现在我的梦想才要开始,非得战胜岁月这个梦魇不可haha!
Headed over to Leon's place on tues evening, for steamboat dinner with PY, Yvonne, YS, QT, Josephine, PY, XH and YJ! They also made cheesecake and brownies~ yums! I took the latter home too.
Met YQ and WT at Orchard on weds... for hi-tea and shopping. We were at PAUL's Bakery at Ngee Ann City.
The salmon with bread was alright, but I loved the first two pastries, esp the one with strawberry. *YQ and WT both love the same kind of lifestyle, career life and even guys LOL~* It's not often we 3 meet together and do sorta like "HTHT". Anyway, it was a great chat... I dun even wanna move to go shopping... cos we dun really have things in mind that we need/want to buy lol. 
Met HT and Alina in the evening, and we had dinner at Lee's Taiwanese. It's been some time since we met... and yes Alina's getting married in Dec 2014! 
She wants HT and I to be the bridesmaid, and me to be the emcee as well. *Oh I was "complaining" how I don't want to wear a "bare-back" dress~ awww!* So cool that Alina's getting her pri sch friends, sec sch and poly friends to be her bridesmaid haha. It's been 2yrs since Ayden and her got together, but they've already decided on each other... even their BTO flat at Bukit Panjang's gonna be ready by 2015!
We took lotsa instax films o hoho. Ayden came at night, and then HT drove all of us home. Alina and Ayden got off at Bukit Panjang first, then HT drove me home from thr~ thks gal! 
Went to NTU with Mich on thurs afternoon, to buy our grad robes, as well as the whole photography package at Serangoon Broadways Studio. *$100 is worth imo... I can always decide on the packages once I feel I've earned enough to spend on this haha.* Then, I headed to Koh Dental at JE alone. Mum recommended that I go to this lady dentist, which she preferred all along. I wanted to do tooth bonding, but still undecided on doing root canal and crowning for one of my "rotten molar". She did tooth bonding in between 4 of my upper front teeth... total cost was $310 omg! *Let's hope the bonding lasts~ even though I'm still a lil' unused to it nw.* Oh she did told me thr's 2 wisdom tooth growing at both bottom corners of my gum too... the nurse taught me how to use dental floss too lol... shall buy some time later.
SS and I watched "Man of Steel" at The Cathay at night.
Henry Cavill has a great body... suits Superman! This movie tells the origin of "Superman"... yeah there are some moving factors here and thr, but nt enough for me. *I find Superman's cloak a hindrance... won't he slip if he steps on it? Lol.*
Well, what I learnt from this movie... Superman flies super duper far... be it his own flight or after being attacked by enemies...

Rating: 3.25/5

Guess what? I got STC's job offer when I was at the dental ysd. Called the HR person today, and after a short talk, I am still deciding on the offer. I've got some freelance articles for Zaobao on hand atm... gonna be very busy the next one wk I foresee.

Comments